[Day 2 - Investigation] - Nailing It

Jack of Spades
Any signs of damage or wear to the MRI controls? Are the crossbow bolts magnet-able?
Rio Ranger
Bear man, what's the status on those crowbars in Shipping?
Hank Hill
Are there bruise marks on both Mister President and the Robuster?
Senpai
Could we receive the testimony of those two beautiful fair maidens of the nursing occupation?
Spooks?
(Apr 10, 2021 at 1:52 AM)Jack of Spades Wrote: Any signs of damage or wear to the MRI controls? Are the crossbow bolts magnet-able?
The MRI controls are pretty much undamaged and not at all worn out.

You check out those long-forgotten crossbow bolts. They have a carbon fiber shaft, but rather wicked looking iron tips. They are lying on the MRI's bed, where a person would lie if they were getting scanned. They were stuck to the MRI's interior when you discovered the body, so you can safely say they'll stick to a magnet.

(Apr 10, 2021 at 1:52 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: Bear man, what's the status on those crowbars in Shipping?
There are two CROWBARS missing from SHIPPING AND RECEIVING.

(Apr 10, 2021 at 1:53 AM)Hank Hill Wrote: Are there bruise marks on both Mister President and the Robuster?
OBAMA MACHINE has not consented to your check, but the ROBUSTER seems to have a big bruise across his forehead.
Jack of Spades
where are the controls positioned relative to the MRI? If I turn the MRI on with the bolt, where does it go?

Can we get a statement from our lead staff member, Dr Pierce, please?
Rio Ranger
[Image: jesser.png]
Nemesis
Project N Test Report XX03

Subject: T-103-N5

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After leaving its containment room, N5 proceeded to the CAFETERIA, where it engaged in some surprising behavior.
T-103-N units are capable of self-thought and some degree of creativity, which allows them the flexibility necessary to be successful dealing with changing conditions in the field.
However, we have never observed it in such a... unpractical fashion.
It drew a rather poor quality picture.

[Image: ZUm3ZNF.png]

The other events in the cafeteria are better summarized by the attached documents.

In the absence of orders, after it left the CAFETERIA it looked for and protected DR. PIERCE.

Before it found her, N5 ran into HU TAO in the GIFT SHOP.
It found DR. PIERCE in the LOBBY, and followed her towards her office. DR. HAWKE and WALTAR WHITE were there and N5 forced them to leave.
WALTAR left into the EXPERIMENT DORMS, and DR. HAWKE went into the BREAK ROOM.
DR. PIERCE entered her office, and ordered N5 to stand guard.
The only other notable incident was an encounter with RIO RANGER, who managed to evade the specimens attacks and escape to the ELEVATOR.
The slow speed of T-103 specimens is a noted flaw, and should be remedied in future variations.

After a bit, it returned to its containment room, where it waited for the rest of the night.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached File:
im_lazy_read_other_accounts_please.mp4
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
(Apr 10, 2021 at 12:32 AM)Kids TV Show Host Wrote: Would we be able to get an account from Dr. Wexlyn? Sounds like he had a busy night

[Image: 3NbL1Bb.png]

Haha, well you're right about that one. Seems like I've become a bit of a "local celebrity" overnight. Not that that's a bad thing though, I think it's good that people have someone they feel safe opening up to in a predicament like this.

I don't think I know anything about the murder, but I'd be happy to share my testimony if it helps at all. Though, I have to warn you. I take doctor-patient confidentiality very seriously, and I'm not about to talk about the problems of my patients unless they've been open about it themselves.

[Image: AVDXAtW.png]

Right, so where do I begin... Oh, yeah.

I was working on some paperwork in my office when I heard someone screaming that someone named "Mario" had died. To be honest, I wasn't sure if they meant the video game character or not. I went out to the courtyard to check on them, and discovered that it was Dark Souls II. I'd spoken to them previously - they're actually a pretty nice video game once you get to know them.

They invited me to this "Arts and Crafts" thing, and I decided I'd head there with them. I'm not much of an artist, but I think it's neat to see what others get up to creatively. It wasn't too busy in there, just a few people like Lita, the Ex-President, and that Kid's Show Host. Dark Souls II didn't even get to start crafting though, as midway through our talk they were bonked over the head by Garth Marenghi.

[Image: bNf14Ep.png]

At first I was stunned, maybe a little angry, but when he asked me to be in his movie, how could I say no? Marenghi is one of the masters of modern horror, after all.

[Image: AsgYtC7.png]

We went to the Lounge, and filmed a nice scene. I might have... exaggerated a few details about the ghost though, for the sake of some drama. I've never seen it myself, after all. What I did see though was a... Mummy? Straight out of Egypt, wish I was kidding. It ran right by and I couldn't help but go off-script and comment on it. I hope I didn't ruin Garth's take.

He had something he wanted to show me though, so I went over to the Media Library with him. We talked for a bit, mostly about me for once, but he couldn't find this CD he wanted to show me. XW Throwback , I think he called it. At around that point, that girl, Lost in Hogwarts came up to me, addressing me as "Hagrid" for some reason.

I'm not going to complain, haha. I love nicknames. I'm just pretty bad at coming up with them myself, so I'm glad you're a nickname-y bunch.

[Image: MrTNYZg.png]

We went back to Arts and Crafts together and stayed a while. We talked about a few things, mostly confidential but... Well, I guess she let the cat out of the bag. I'm considering hosting a tabletop gaming night, maybe I can try my hand at being one of those "Dungeon Masters" for you guys?

We finished up eventually, and I have to say, her drawing was pretty good, if I do say so myself. A pretty cool-looking dude. We headed back to my office for some snacks, but when we got to the Fountain, we saw this masked man running into in the History Hall, then trying to mess with the Elevator. I told Lost in Hogwarts that she could take my back door out. I didn't trust that man's intentions, and I didn't want to endanger her life by sending her back alone with him

When we were done in my office, I was on my way walking back to the Lobby when I ran into Deathborn and Rio Ranger. What a colorful cast of characters we've got around here. I've met Deathborn before though, on our first night here he told me I'd make a great henchman. Thanks, I guess.

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

We walked back through the History Hall, and now DK West was here, also trying to go down the Elevator. That Bigfoot really did a number on it, I'm not sure if we're going to be able to get it back in working order. At least he gave us another way up and down? Still... I'd rather not crawl through the Fountain, at least not if I can help it. I'm glad I'm on the first floor!

DK West joined us, and waited in the Relaxation Room watching some television while I spoke with Deathborn. He's not that bad for a villain, you know? I've definitely met worse even in my own personal life. When he was done, I had him send in Rio Ranger. We were chatting pleasantly when Hu Tao knocked on my back door, asking to talk. I told her to wait a bit, as I had a bit of a lineup to get through, but she seemed to understand.

When I was done with Rio Ranger, I spoke to DK West. Also a pretty nice guy, though again I'm not going to say anything about our chat for ethics' sake. Finally, when I was done talking with him, I talked to Hu Tao for a while. Hu Tao didn't really tell me anything personal, only asked me a few questions about things I don't really know much about. I'm sorry, Hu Tao, though I appreciate that you think I'm knowledgeable!

[Image: 0OSz3OL.png]

Anyway, that's the gist of my night I think. I hope it helps with your investigation, but I have a feeling that it's mostly just going to end up being what you Killing Game kids call a "Timelining Tool", haha.
Maitre D'eath
(Apr 10, 2021 at 2:03 AM)Monokuma Wrote:
(Apr 10, 2021 at 1:53 AM)Hank Hill Wrote: Are there bruise marks on both Mister President and the Robuster?
OBAMA MACHINE has not consented to your check, but the ROBUSTER seems to have a big bruise across his forehead.

The 44TH PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has consented since in Discord; he has a large bruise on the rear of his head.

(Apr 10, 2021 at 2:18 AM)Jack of Spades Wrote: where are the controls positioned relative to the MRI? If I turn the MRI on with the bolt, where does it go?

You attempt to turn the MRI machine on from a distance by throwing the BOLT like a dart. Emphasis on attempt; you can't quite make the shot. You're pretty sure it'd just bounce off and then magnetize itself to the bottom of the MRI itself once it was on. You resort to finishing the job with the PVC pipe again, and sure enough it clatters to the bottom of the MACHINE, near the controls.

The remaining BOLTS within the MRI machine on the BED fling themselves upwards to the roof of the inner part of the machine, length-ways.
Dr. Jim Hawke
[Image: ed0HDwE.png]

God *hic* dammit Wexlyn, I've been SCREWED out of an autoplay too now, can't have that shit overlap or else people are just gonna bitch me out for what, the nineteenth time in two days?

Oh wait... there's been another... post in between us... What was I talking about again?

My night? Sure, why the hell not. Can't enjoy SHIT in this hospital, might as well give my *hic* testimony so you people can leave me alone. Except... Waltar... and maybe that Spades chick. The second I managed to crawl my sorry ass off my office couch, I get a knock on my door. Well GUESS WHO IT IS?

[Image: PpszVxS.png]

Shit, I'm bein' too harsh. Waltar's a good... guy. Good head on his shoulders, smart guy. He told me it was time to cook, and who doesn't love a breakfast and *hic* beer. I follow him to the Break Room, but he keeps on walking to the lab. So yeah, I follow him there, and yeah we COOKED METH. What of it, huh? You never cook a little meth in your life, pussies?

Oof... okay. Head's starting to hurt now. Maybe I gotta settle down a bit, drink some water. A lot of water.

ONE HOUR LATER

[Image: jqQ6Acd.png]

...So the lab, yeah. I accompanied Waltar there, and we did cook some meth. Wasn't joking about that. Ask the nurses, they'll tell it all. Still, Waltar puts up with my useless, drunken ass. Who am I to tell him to fuck off? We actually had a good talk too, surprise surprise. Though fuck if I know who "Gustavo Fring" is. Or a "Los Pollos Hermanos" for that matter. "The Chicken Brothers"? They part of his meth... club or something?

While we're cooking, some bag-wearing fuck shows up dragging an unconscious guy. Or maybe he was dead? Dunno, I didn't really want to get up in his bag-face, guy was waving around a tank of knockout gas like his life depended on it. Waltar scared 'im off though. Deserves a pat on the back, that guy.

[Image: Q2DDprB.png]

We headed over to Pierce's office and Waltar stuck some kinda weird sign up on her door, dumping the meth right in front of it. Suddenly she walks up with some fuckin' huge zombie guy. Her stare is like a hundred daggers penetrating your soul itself, I'm telling you. At that point I ducked out. Y'know, I'm willing to say that I at least sort of like you, Waltar, but hanging out with you isn't worth any of this shit. The meth? Sure, I'll support an entrepreneur. The wrath of the purple demon? Count me out.

I headed into the Break Room to grab my fucking beer, but instead ran into Jack of Spades. All things considered, this chick's alright. Can't say the same about that dipshit schoolboy who walked in covered in vomit. We bailed out of there pretty quick, aiming to finally, after all this, unwind in the hot springs.

[Image: SqfwNHy.png]

AND WHAT

DO

YOU

KNOW?

Of COURSE when we get outside, the thing's filled with dirt. Hot Springs? More like shitty useless mud pit. Who the hell would even go and do that anyway? If I can't have my vacation, at least let me have that...

Fuck. Okay.

Jack of Spades and I sat outside for a bit instead, taking in the fresh air. If Waltar's gonna keep dragging me into this meth business, he'd better get me a gas mask or something. Those fumes really do a number on my head. Anyway, I headed back inside after that, at which point I returned to my bedroom and promptly made up for my entire night of sobriety. Any questions? No. Didn't think so.

[Image: V6A0GgF.png]

Now... can someone get me another glass of water...?
Rio Ranger
Let's have a look-see at the Equipment Room, bear bastard.

Bearstard?

Eh...
Spooks?
(Apr 10, 2021 at 7:36 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: Let's have a look-see at the Equipment Room, bear bastard.

Bearstard?

Eh...
You check out the EQUIPMENT ROOM.

Looks like the contents of a box of NAILS are missing, now that you take a look at it. There's also a pile of random electronics and mechanical parts tucked away in a corner, for some reason. You don't see much rhyme or reason to them, but then again you aren't any kind of expert on the subject of random electronics and mechanical parts. The nails though, you suppose are a bit more interesting and relevant.
Jack of Spades
(Apr 10, 2021 at 7:29 AM)Dr. Jim Hawke Wrote: Now... can someone get me another glass of water...?

Sure!

[Image: Dupe_profile_normal.png]

Can you tell us more about the unconscious guy, or the person with a bag on their head? What kind of bag was it?
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: k3F52M1.png]

What's going on with that INTERN, anyway?!? Can I check out the body net underneath the patio?
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
Spooks?
(Apr 10, 2021 at 12:14 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: [Image: k3F52M1.png]

What's going on with that INTERN, anyway?!? Can I check out the body net underneath the patio?
You drag up the net under the patio. Inside is LYNN TYRNE, still in the monster suit. Attached to her back appears to be a small, boxlike device. Several tubes branch off from it, attaching themselves to other parts of her body.

She certainly seems to be dead, completely motionless at that. You don't remember any such device being on her body last investigation though.

The other thing in the net is a copy of GARTH MARENGHI's smash hit bestseller: Slicer.
Deathborn
Does the device have any buttons? Can we do anything with it?
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: iaHjSER.png]

I've got it!

Let's try and jam the tubes onto my body! I want to be un-re-de-animated!
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: 1HS0L62.png]

Er, failing that, try and jam the tubes in poor Mundy and see if they react.
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
ASMR Youtuber
Can't believe cordyceps is back for real