[Day 7 - Investigation] - Hu Died?

Rio Ranger
How fresh's the blood in the Outdoor Storage, Restricted Records, 'n History Hall?
Garth Marenghi
Check the floor of the forest intensely for any weirdly-shaped or odd sticks or anything covered in blood not too far from my twine trail

Check the Security Office if we haven't already, and the Robuster's body assuming it's still here
Mr Waltar Whité
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Bigfoot
I want to check the roof if we haven't already.

Check all of the glass hallway doors. Are any of them locked?
Spooks?
(Jun 19, 2021 at 5:37 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Do a general inspection of the Courtyard.
You give the Courtyard a good look-over. Lynn's body is gone now, washed away in the river during the investigation. Beyond that, there's some blood near the river's edge, and that's about it.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 6:08 AM)Kids TV Show Host Wrote: Inspect the 4 things of Liquid Nitrogen ASMR unboxed - in particular do any of them look used?
You inspect the four tanks of liquid nitrogen in the Gallery. They are large metal tanks, burning cold to the touch. It looks like they were simply placed on the ground next to the crate, and haven't been moved since.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 6:23 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Does Hu Tao still have her shovel?
Hu Tao's shovel is nowhere to be found.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 6:27 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Search the patient ward for a shovel.
Oh, never mind. There it is, right next to her bed where she's been keeping it. Nice and... shovel-y.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 6:56 AM)DK West Wrote: This tangent ain't murder relevant, but it's too interesting to ignore.
Hey Luna, on the first Night here, did you stick around with Summer the entire night? Even after the tour?
[Image: 6sI3wZb.png]

Actually, we split up after the tour. I went to bed, and she went off... somewhere. Not really sure, but at the time I was kind of busy thinking about that whole discrepancy between the guest numbers. I guess we know the answer to that one now, huh?

(Jun 19, 2021 at 6:56 AM)DK West Wrote: Though, Liz has a pretty cool eyepatch, so maybe we're barking up the wrong tree on this one. Any comments, Agent Grayson?
[Image: 5VXRC56.png]

Yeah... "cool". I think I'd rather still have my eye, cool or not. Oh well, consequence of the job, I guess. I'm lucky to even still be alive.

If you think I was dressed up undercover as a nurse though, you're dead wrong. I've been camping up at the Weather Station since before all of you even arrived, mostly to keep watch on Pierce, but also to avoid getting picked out by the Crimsons once they showed up.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 7:09 AM)DK West Wrote: On the actual murder.

@Monokuma
What's the cage made out of? Cheap fencing?

Would a fence-board, fence-post, the whole dang thing, at various angles, match the victim's wounds?
Try to compare those without busting more corpse heads, I don't want everyone looking at me when we start running out.
The cage is mostly made out of cheap-ass fencing materials from Equipment. Like the kind of thing you'd put up to block off an area under maintenance. You take some of the materials from the cage and attempt to compare them to Hu Tao's head, but you don't really think they're that close. If you wrap a bunch of the fencing around the posts, it's sort of similar but you have a feeling it'd leave a grid pattern imprint or something if it did the job.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

Spoiler:
[Image: oh1IOnV.png]

On... the fucking blown up guy? I mean... I can give it a shot.

Huh. Yeah, guy's been blown up. Pretty badly burned. There's this black shit in his veins too, or what's left of them anyway. Dunno if he's got any injuries beyond that, he was already pretty fucked up before he got exploded, falling down a mountain and all.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 1:13 PM)DK West Wrote: Anything in the Courtyard that's a viable weapon for our victim? A frozen Lynn? Those benches aren't secretly light, are they?
You lug Lynn's body over to Hu Tao's and compare... well, her body? Her whole body is simply too large .

The benches on the island in the Courtyard are also bolted down. Theoretically someone could have unbolted one and used it as a weapon, but between that and replacing it, it would have taken a long time to get them usable as a weapon.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 2:02 PM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

Spoiler:
(Jun 19, 2021 at 2:03 PM)Rio Ranger Wrote: How fresh's the blood in the Outdoor Storage, Restricted Records, 'n History Hall?
You examine the blood in the History Hall. It's a dark spray of blood across the wall, as though from a wound. It appears to be rather fresh, as does the blood in the Outdoor Storage, which lies in a pool on the ground as though it had dripped off of something slowly, rather than be splattered in a pattern.

Restricted Records is a whole other story. It's not just blood, but an extreme amount of gore, an entire body's worth. Sprayed across the walls is blood, organs, and bone shards. There's also a substantial amount of black liquid mixed in with the gore, and some unidentifiable mechanical parts.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 2:20 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Check the floor of the forest intensely for any weirdly-shaped or odd sticks or anything covered in blood not too far from my twine trail

Check the Security Office if we haven't already, and the Robuster's body assuming it's still here
You check the ground as you follow the twine trail through the woods, watchful for any angry bears. There's a couple sticks that look large enough to make a good walking stick, but none of them are bloody. You hurry back before you risk getting ganked.

When you're back inside, you walk down to the Security Office and peer inside. The key to the Holding Cell is missing, and Robuster is still inside the cell. There's also a bottle of whiskey lying on the ground now inside. It wasn't there previously.

(Jun 19, 2021 at 4:31 PM)Bigfoot Wrote: I want to check the roof if we haven't already.

Check all of the glass hallway doors. Are any of them locked?
You check the roof. There's not much up here besides a corkscrew and a pizza by the lounge, though that same area has some of the snow covering the roof colored black with some kind of dust, and a few fragments of metal lying in that area.

No doors in the area of the Glass Hallway are currently locked down.
Garth Marenghi
Present the footage of my trip into the forest (and specifically how long it took)
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
[Image: lNrPDwX.png]

People really want to hear from me tonight, don't they?

I've been... cagey so I think I understand why. But don't worry, today's the day. I'm going to reveal my theory... after the trial. Just in case. If the mastermind actually is out there, and I actually do catch them in the act, then I'd rather not end up having the votes stacked against me by the system. My brother used to do that, just stack unfair votes against people, slam them with Forbidden Actions, underhanded tactics like that.

[Image: aSqNlhF.png]

Now... my testimony. Haha, yeah that's easier. Don't worry, I'll deliver on that front.

When my night started off, Lost in Hogwarts came into my office, talking about her "Sus List". I don't think it'd be appropriate to talk about what's in it though. That's her business, and while I trust her, if I read it out and it turns out to be wrong... I might end up hurting someone pretty badly, especially if they end up getting shot to death because of it. She also probably doesn't want some people hearing about it, so I've got a few reasons to stay quiet.

We printed a few copies off, and we talked about some other stuff before she left. She wanted me to wear a disguise too, with a turban and such, but I told her that was a bad idea. Turban-wearing disguised people don't have a great track record.

[Image: MrTNYZg.png]

After that, I saw Garth Marenghi, the famed writer of Slicer IV: The Blade is B- Well, I'm sure you get the gist. He wanted to go on a big adventure in the woods, and asked me to keep an eye on him. I told him I would, but that I was going to go to the cage match soon so I wouldn't be able to for long. He went into the Outdoor Storage, then walked into the woods with some twine.

I went off to the cage match, where I decided to turn it into a whole production. Times are tough lately, and we could all use something fun. I got a video camera, I got some headsets to record audio, and I headed for the lobby. Dr. Pierce was there, and against my better judgement, I gave her a headset too, asking her to join me in giving commentary. To my surprise, she actually agreed, though she seemed pretty biased towards Among Us.

Personally, I cheered for Deathborn. I feel like he could use some friends. He seems lonely.

I recorded the whole thing, and I'll share it later, but it was a good match, and both of them were pretty sportsmanlike afterwards. I like to see that kind of attitude, I expected one of them to talk about sucking balls through jorts or... something like that. Maybe they were only putting on an act because Hank Hill, Lost in Hogwarts, and the Kids TV Show Host were watching, but either way I'm pretty happy with the outcome- and not just because Deathborn won.

[Image: bNf14Ep.png]

When I went back to my office, I saw Rio Ranger waiting inside, reading through my psychology books. I'm glad he's taking an interest in my field. Maybe I've been an inspiration, haha. No though, I won't take credit for that, I'm not that full of myself. I still think it's pretty great to see though. He's come so far since he showed up here, foul mouthed and loud.

It warms my heart a bit, honestly. I know that's cheesy, but nothing makes me happier than seeing a patient grow this much.

[Image: AsgYtC7.png]

Unfortunately, someone in a poorly-made mask with a blowtorch runs in to chase him out. They unmask themselves as Dark Souls II, and I scold them for a bit over their poor behavior. Mostly though, I was just worried about the whole... mask thing. As I've been telling everyone, wearing a disguise is dangerous. More than I care about Dark Souls II chasing Rio out, I care about Dark Souls II not getting killed because they've been mistaken for someone else, like the "Bag Senpai" or... well I was going to say the "Coat Guy", but I guess that's not a mystery anymore, is it?

[Image: SSyjMS6.png]

...You know, the whole Mastermind mystery... Will it even stop the game if someone takes them down? Is chasing after the Mastermind just a game of revenge? Just another step in the cycle?

[Image: 0OSz3OL.png]

Hm. Well, either way, I'm feeling a lot safer now that someone's arrived to help deal with the Crimson Eye side of things. This optimism I'm feeling... it's genuine this time. There's hope for all of us after all, maybe.
Bigfoot
I would like to compare the black shit found in Drifter's veins to the sludge in the tubes that were connected to Obama.
Bigfoot
Investigate the metal pieces on the roof some more.
Spooks?
(Jun 19, 2021 at 5:14 PM)Garth Marenghi Wrote: Present the footage of my trip into the forest (and specifically how long it took)
You present your footage, recorded on your HD professional film camera.

Despite the camera's quality, the footage is very shaky and distorted, like the person holding the camera is intentionally jerking it around in order to seem "intense". You hear the huffing and puffing of the camera holder's heavy breaths as they walk through the shadowy forest, occasionally muttering the word "darkness" in a voice that they probably thought was scary. Occasionally the camera jerks to reveal a hand holding a spool of twine.

This goes on for... much longer than you'd like to sit through honestly, but eventually you hear a thud and the camera jostles around, falling to the ground. The camera holder screams and picks up the camera, pointing it up at a rather fat and irritated looking bear. It roars and the camera holder turns around, sprinting back in the direction of the twine, which appears to be wrapped around the trees to indicate a path.

Eventually the camera-holder bursts out of the woods and runs towards the Outdoor Storage, which is where the footage stops.

You stand up, preparing to welcome the applause that audiences are sure to give your newest masterpiece: Garth Marenghi's Deepwoods, but everyone is completely silent, either having fallen asleep or disassociated in their seats due to your boring ass movie.
Deathborn
Investigate the following rooms for anything that appears strange or out of place:
-Equipment
-Wexlyn's Office

Also look at Garth's camera.
ASMR Youtuber
I'd like to investigate the Lounge, as well as the Gallery
-Is there some kind of liquid on the ground in the lounge?
-Is there a tank of Helium in the Gallery, amongst the Liquid Nitrogen?
Garth Marenghi
Check the island and tree in the Courtyard - does anything look like it's been hidden or buried there (besides Anime Mother, RIP)

Is anything of note missing from/different about the Kitchen, or noticably disturbed in the Gift Shop?

If possible also check for anything amiss on the patio, or if anything seems to have been thrown off the side
Deathborn
Body and inventory check Garth.
DK West
@Monokuma
Might be dangerous, but would a blowtorch beating fit those injuries?
Bigfoot
@Dr. Morgan Pierce what's the deal with the secret rooms on B1F (behind the vending machine and painting)? Were they in the plans when you built the place? How about the sun stone that unlocked B3F? I thought I remembered you saying you were locked out of there so I'm guessing that means somebody else set it up.
Garth Marenghi
Also while I'm here - check the Bag Senpai outfit I'm wearing in full - is there anything hidden inside it? Any stains, gun residue, etc.? Is it damaged in any way?
Deathborn
I didn't body and inventory check Rio, so... do that too.
DK West
On the subject of Mastermind hunting, @Dr. Morgan Pierce
Who knew about the code to the painting closet? Considering a lot of important "key items" were found in there?
Bigfoot
I would like to search the courtyard and shed for anything even remotely shaped like Hu Tao's bruise. Also I would like to compare the ladder to the bruise.