geno7
[Image: 407b80f3d5c73adc4f998905a31ab4491477208450_full.jpg]

quick question why the hell dont i see this anime getting talked about more??? not that i think yuri on ice is bad (i havent seen it so i cant form an opinion) but i see it getting talked about way more than flip flappers. it might be because the show looks so dumb on the surface but like honestly i haven't fallen in love with an anime this quickly in a really long time

if i were to make any comparison i guess it's like Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi except it takes itself a bit more seriously and has more of a consistent narrative and it's also gayer and also it doesn't suck. it uses that same device of the two lead characters traveling to different dimensions to kind of let the creators do whatever crazy imaginative thing they want with the show and occasionally homage different genres or archetypes. when the show isn't spending top notch animation on magical girl fight scenes with crazy shiny sound effects, it spends time to get quiet and atmospheric and let you take in the cool kaiba/ghibli-esque worlds it explores

[Image: tumblr_ohe32p4s5g1uq8vafo1_1280.png]

on another ghibli-related note the two leads are fucking adorable and there are tons of little moments of them just like, casually being cute together as if it were second nature, which reminds me a lot of the two leads from Laputa. except gayer. so like 20x better

[Image: tumblr_ohhirhryjF1uq8vafo1_1280.png]

so yeah sorry about the wall of text but i had to gush, its so hard for me to find animes i love this much these days

[Image: gfgwG2a.png]
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Draku
Shit is adorable and entertaining, I've been enjoying it a fair bit myself.

Also that ED is utterly fantastic.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Beako
(Dec 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM)Greeno Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ohhirhryjF1uq8vafo1_1280.png]

Thanks for telling me about this show, it looks good.
Draku
it's happening
Pea
i get mad when people ask me to watch this im like i dont giv e a fuck
Draku
(Dec 9, 2016 at 7:09 AM)Pea Wrote: i get mad when people ask me to watch this im like i dont giv e a fuck
watch flip flappers
Pea
[Image: hkezjq.gif]
Aidan
ok i just tried the first ep
is this a show about little girls havin gay sex like wtf

why did her vagina make her go super saiyan

EDIT
Quote: it's like Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi except it takes itself a bit more seriously and has more of a consistent narrative and it's also gayer and also it doesn't suck.

>Abenobashi

>suck

fuck everything i'm out
geno7
(Dec 9, 2016 at 5:12 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: ok i just tried the first ep

EDIT
Quote: it's like Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi except it takes itself a bit more seriously and has more of a consistent narrative and it's also gayer and also it doesn't suck.

>Abenobashi

>suck

fuck everything i'm out

Fool
Shedinja
(Dec 9, 2016 at 5:12 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: ok i just tried the first ep

brh it's her inner thigh did you not learn anything from getting pelvic region AOE succ'd? that's where all the clump of nerve cells are

also up to date note this show is a great watch while high up until monster of the week pure illusion stops being a thing and plot clutches in cus that's when the bad trips start happening
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Aidan
yes gato i know what happens when you grab a lady's thigh
i'm just getting prisma illya vibes and i'm not getting burned again
Shedinja
naw man I'm talking about getting L I C K E D there it's like another orgasm bro
geno7
i think the final episode is fast approaching which is saddening bc i dont want the show to end. ive gotta keep tabs on this studio/crew

there are some plot points im confused about which makes me think im missing something but they'll probably be explained later i guess
geno7
ok that episode did kinda have some strong emotional moments but overall it was just kinda vague and confusing. i still have a lot of questions

Spoiler:

the last two episodes have been really disappointing me with how confusing and vague they are, which is especially heartbreaking considering how quickly i fell in love with this anime and i havent liked an anime this much in a really long time, but here's hoping the last episode can save the show.
Draku
(Dec 23, 2016 at 4:21 AM)Greeno Wrote:
Spoiler:
They beat you over the head with that concept in the previous episode though. I'm not sure how that's vague in the slightest. Mimi even flat out asks Salt to save Cocona from her split personality.

Spoiler:
it's salt yeah. there isn't really anyone else it could be and he was upset she hadn't stated she was pregnant in the previous episode's flashback

Spoiler:
The beginning of this episode has a bit from after when Papika jumped at Mimi when she disappeared into PI, she was already de-aged by the time she was being held captive there. Her memory was wiped too, so it was basically just to make sure she wasn't a danger to Mimi's plans.
geno7
(Dec 23, 2016 at 4:30 AM)Draku Wrote: lots of things blah blah

ok that does make sense. honestly maybe i was spaced out on anti-anxiety meds when i watched the episodes, i need to watch them over again. i feel like there's a lotta stuff that other people got that i flat out missed. also when i first started watching the show i was bingeing it to catch up but now that i've caught up im watching the episodes a week apart from one another and it gets hard to keep track of everything
geno7
ok, i rewatched the last three episodes. and i'm glad i did, i think i have a clearer understanding of a lotta plot points and major events in the story, though a few are still somewhat foggy.

in hindsight, yeah, it is really obvious that salt is the father. there's a lotta implications of a romance between them from the moment they're both introduced.

and i do understand the split personality thing better now. i think the reason i never picked up on it before was because the scene of her switching with her alternate personality felt like it came outta nowhere and the entire time i was trying to figure out what was happening, if it was some kinda symbolic thing in her mind or what, so much so that i just forgot about the scene altogether. but paying attention to it this time around did factor into explaining a lotta things, like the climax of episode 12 i do understand much better now. though that scene where mimi asks salt to save her from her original personality was really quick and weird and disconnected from everything else, it felt like they just sorta spliced it in, and i can understand why i missed it the first time. and it's still kinda hazy where the personality came from. presumably it just kinda.... popped into existence from mimi's trauma or something??? idk, that's something they could probably explain in the last episode, but it probably won't bother me that much if they don't.

and that whole scene "explaining" how papikana was de-aged?? i guess i kinda get it now but it still feels like a really last-minute weird payoff. like, ok, she's de-aged, but then how does she end up the same age as cocona?? does she age cocona up?? does time stand still in pure illusion?? also, what appears to be mimi's original personality walks up to her and sees her in the cage and asks who she is. i would think if they wanted to imply papikana's memory was wiped it would be papikana asking who she is??? did mimi wipe the memory of her original personality too??? or maybe it's just that she doesnt recognize her because she's de-aged?????

i dunno, maybe i'm nitpicking with some of this stuff. but either way i think i'm more invested in the emotional center of the last few episodes than i was before, and like i said, i'm glad i took the time to rewatch them. i really hope the last episode is a satisfying conclusion, i feel like it's a make-or-break moment for me.
geno7
OK SO I finished the show!!!!!!!!

the penultimate 3 episodes were kinda confusingly edited and i was a bit worried but after rewatching them i did kinda get a better understanding of everything. though some things are still a bit confusing and vague, i was able to watch the finale no problem.

the ending was kind of a bumpy experience for me and i do think a lot of things coulda been explained better overall i’m really really glad i watched this show, like i keep saying it’s been a really long time since ive loved an anime this much.
Draku
they could have definitely handled the finale a little better (i really loved the last couple of episodes but found this one only okay-ish) but considering they finished it only shortly before it aired i can't super fault them for there being a couple issues with it

good overall conclusion, the fakeout with the real world-esque PI was great. throwback to ep1 appreciated. seeing salt tackle the same problem as mimi and deal with it in his own way was fantastic. i think that they used up a bit too much time on the mimi confrontation that could have been used wrapping more things up since the action there kind of fell flat anyways. when she henshin'd i got hype but then even the final "attack" cocona and mimi make is pretty much nothing, which sucked after their combination PAUNCH from the last ep. for having her own arc and being a major focus of the series, yayaka being held back during the final fight was lame. least she stole cocona's bunny.
Shedinja
man mimi's transformation is bad trip af