Poll: see title

Keep it!
33.33%
Throw it out
66.67%
Total: 12 vote(s)

Green Garrison: Keep or Put to Sleep

Spritanium
I agree w/ literally everything you just said so I don't see where the argument is coming from lol

We just need to replace "Green" with "Gimmick" and do something about elected mods neglecting the board. Maybe some kind of system where a mutiny can be staged. When SP was in charge of the GG we had a cool thing going on, we just need more Greenkeepers like that.

Should probably also change the group name to Gimmickeer or something
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
(Dec 6, 2016 at 5:46 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I agree w/ literally everything you just said so I don't see where the argument is coming from lol

We just need to replace "Green" with "Gimmick" and do something about elected mods neglecting the board. Maybe some kind of system where a mutiny can be staged. When SP was in charge of the GG we had a cool thing going on, we just need more Greenkeepers like that.

Should probably also change the group name to Gimmickeer or something
i guess my only argument was that it's still gonna suck because even one bad greenkeeper basically dooms it for a month, but if you too support a way of kicking out mods that do nothing, then I'm behind the idea. You made it sound like we just have to suck it up and deal with it if a greenkeeper blows ass, and that shouldn't be the case.

Gmmickeer is also better. Honestly the entire green theme needs to be burned from the ground up, maybe just purge (and archive) the entire board asap as you said and replace it, because if not, people are just going to see it as "that weed board" forever even after a title change, especially months after a literally nothing mod has cemented it as useless.
Spritanium
Yeah I guess I didn't realize how much people paid attention to the "Green" aspect of it, when in reality it's just a filler
Fun With Despair
(Dec 6, 2016 at 5:53 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Yeah I guess I didn't realize how much people paid attention to the "Green" aspect of it, when in reality it's just a filler
There are a few things that contribute to that and always will unless things are changed

The Luigi event really doesn't help, nor does the color of the board or the current plethora of weed threads all over the place. Assuming all of that was fixed and it was introduced as a new board, I think it would be fine.

Furthermore, and tell me what you think about this, there have been discussions about keeping the greenkeeper in power for longer, but I actually think it should be the opposite. Look at the beef board, a good gimmick board with decent activity and good memories.

It's because it wasn't around very long. A gimmick board should change the gimmick VERY often, or you're just going to get another GG scenario regardless with no action after the first two weeks.
DrTapeworm
rename it the ouija board and make it so that every sad luigi event you get makes you stronger there
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
(Dec 6, 2016 at 6:05 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Dec 6, 2016 at 5:53 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Yeah I guess I didn't realize how much people paid attention to the "Green" aspect of it, when in reality it's just a filler
There are a few things that contribute to that and always will unless things are changed

The Luigi event really doesn't help, nor does the color of the board or the current plethora of weed threads all over the place. Assuming all of that was fixed and it was introduced as a new board, I think it would be fine.

Furthermore, and tell me what you think about this, there have been discussions about keeping the greenkeeper in power for longer, but I actually think it should be the opposite. Look at the beef board, a good gimmick board with decent activity and good memories.

It's because it wasn't around very long. A gimmick board should change the gimmick VERY often, or you're just going to get another GG scenario regardless with no action after the first two weeks.
What if the Gimmickeer was voted on every two weeks, but the previous person can run again? So if someone wants to have a big event like SP did and people are into it, they can be in charge longer, otherwise the terms are short enough for some quick laughs
Draku
(Dec 6, 2016 at 6:12 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

What if the Gimmickeer was voted on every two weeks, but the previous person can run again? So if someone wants to have a big event like SP did and people are into it, they can be in charge longer, otherwise the terms are short enough for some quick laughs
i like this idea
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Dec 6, 2016 at 6:12 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

Definitely a great idea.

I'd say limit a Gimmickeer to two terms in a row though, and four terms overall per season, just to keep the GG open for others. A great event is great, but having one clown in control literally all season because of it would be kind of anti-fun for everyone else.
Mario
what the *yoshi mounting sfx* is going on
Where and when did this idea of gimmick boards come up because what I thought initially was some gay ass inside joke was actually a board concept implemented to make the place for fun and interesting, so that makes my bitching even more...bitch like.

Anyway; from reading the thread my thoughts are trash it, and come up with something better. The idea of having the person re-elected if they come up with a better idea is also good in theory and id like to see how that plays out!
AWFADragNaut
I think for now it should go but once the board as a whole grows and we have more and more active users, we should revive it. After all it's a great idea, but for now with our current population it can't be sustained and for now just remains as an extension to the PPP.

I am absolutely in favor of making it a subforum if it shouldn't be scrapped entirely
Draku
check back when season 1 starts for a better version of the idea with 100% less green
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Agastya
[Image: R3lywGl.png]

i don't remember having a thread named fffffff
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Moving this to Resolved since we have a new plan for the Gimmick Garrison