Mario
how the fuck did anyone allow them to they release battleborn when they did lmao
Mario
idk if I'd be happier if A Hat in Time was irrelevant because the YL people saw the successful kickstarter and were like 'we should do our own thing' or if they never heard of it.

Like it just being used as a stepping stone for the people who were actually behind those kinda games is hilarious, but it just being totally irrelevant is good too.

i know it's pretty much impossible for it to Not Release at this point but who knows, apparently MechaSource was close to release a bunch of times and it just Vanished. but maybe it was never a real thing anyway lol
Mario
playstation all stars fucking sucked. i remember reading about it and watching videos on it and how they got all these genius fighting game designers to work on the mechanics for it and whatever and its gotta be one of the most boring fighting games ive ever played. there isnt any fun to how it works at all. plus they had that level that was just a commercial for bioshock infinite, lmao

i was very excited to give it a chance, i was so down for a new party-style fighting game and fresh ideas and it blew
Mario
that being said if sony's willing to learn from it and make another one I'd still give it a shot. I think it's a good enough idea with potential to be something great, they just gotta figure out something that works for them. I don't care about the roster being good at all, just make the game fun
Mario
I just checked the kickstarter page for hat in time and FEBURARY 2014 was the estimated release date. what the fuck is with 2014 and every kickstarted games thinking they're going to release then. rip 2014
Aidan
they got seth killian who did good shit at capcom but also worked on rising thunder which is probably the stupidest competitive video game i have ever played so maybe that wasn't a great get
there was also a guy who i think only made combo videos? and i understand that because PSABR was all about combos that went on too long and didn't do anything useful
Mario
(Dec 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: they got seth killian who did good shit at capcom but also worked on rising thunder which is probably the stupidest competitive video game i have ever played so maybe that wasn't a great get
there was also a guy who i think only made combo videos? and i understand that because PSABR was all about combos that went on too long and didn't do anything useful

yeah I don't remember any specifics (I don't know enough about fighting games in general anyway to know the specifics) but it was something they made a big deal out of.

I guess if your goal when playing a game is Big Combos then this is a game pretty much designed for you yeah.
AWFADragNaut
Probably not worth putting on a spoiler tag honestly, but Doom 2016 is recent enough that I might have to. Its a gameplay spoiler, not a story one.
Spoiler:

The screenshots told me otherwise
DrTapeworm
(Dec 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM)SonicProject Wrote:

Oh God No

It's the classic tale of Nintendo misunderstanding what it is that their customers want. When people were saying "Animal Crossing for Wii U," the most boring multiplayer party game ever to exist is not what they had in mind.

to be fair, new leaf was basically perfect enough that nintendo went back to it with a major update three years after its release
[Image: dinogunz.png]
T-man
(Dec 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM)SonicProject Wrote: It's the classic tale of Nintendo misunderstanding what it is that their customers want. When people were saying "Animal Crossing for Wii U," the most boring multiplayer party game ever to exist is not what they had in mind.
It's okay, Animal Crossing for the Switch is gonna be fucking intense. All the best of a handheld and console Animal Crossing. I swear to fuck though, if it doesn't have regular content updates...

(Dec 14, 2016 at 3:03 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: to be fair, there were so many unsold animal crossing amiibo cards that nintendo added amiibo functionality to a game people actually play
ftfy
Yrrzy
(Dec 14, 2016 at 2:00 AM)T-man Wrote: anyone with common sense knew no man's sky was gonna be a load of shit because

>there were like 12 people working on it

>three games of pic related was all that was under their belt

[Image: 1_joe_danger.jpg]
the expectations people had were simply impossible for a team of this size and experience, that's on them though because fucking sean murray never kept people's expectations in check

id been to their studios before they announced NMS so it was really jarring and confusing realising the tiny-ass stuntbike man game studio were making what looked like the most ambitious game ever
Spritanium
I'd do a post for Sticker Star but it's too easy
Spritanium

> need to make a new installment to a popular spinoff series

> first two games in the series were a huge financial success

> big fans have been disappointed by a lack of innovation

> we need to do something big

> something people will take note of

> pore over each and every game featuring the title character

> try to find one crystallizing aspect that ties the entire series together

> coins

> my god

> we can make a mobile app for collecting coins

> just don't overdo it with the branding or anything

Spoiler:
[Image: supercorrect.png]
DrTapeworm
that casual antisemitism aside, i can't be the only one who is sick and tired of every non-Iggy koopaling at this point, right

like seriously they were not worth wasting seven character slots in mk8
[Image: dinogunz.png]
sealelement
rockstar really milks that f2p money with all their gta online updates and this last one is really annoying b/c it has a bunch of cool stuff like a stunt ramp car and a car with a jet engine on it and you gotta play like 500 hours legit to get any of that shit >:
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM)sealelement Wrote: rockstar really milks that f2p money with all their gta online updates and this last one is really annoying b/c it has a bunch of cool stuff like a stunt ramp car and a car with a jet engine on it and you gotta play like 500 hours legit to get any of that shit >:
why does a $60 video game that sells insanely high amounts need microtransactions, again
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
the Mario iOS game markets itself as free but to get anything more than the first 3 levels you have to pay $10

gj nintendo
T-man
(Dec 16, 2016 at 12:31 PM)Yrr Wrote: the Mario iOS game markets itself as free but to get anything more than the first 3 levels you have to pay $10

gj nintendo

And people are pissed about that.

I took the plunge and I gotta say, while it's a very fun game, this is a clear instance of the Nintendo tax.

Take Rayman Fiesta Run for example, $2.99 or something and has like a million more levels than Mario Run.
T-man
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:16 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM)sealelement Wrote: rockstar really milks that f2p money with all their gta online updates and this last one is really annoying b/c it has a bunch of cool stuff like a stunt ramp car and a car with a jet engine on it and you gotta play like 500 hours legit to get any of that shit >:
why does a $60 video game that sells insanely high amounts need microtransactions, again

Because GTA Online has been updating regularly for like 3 years and the price of admissions was technically for the single player, which is well worth $60 bucks all by itself.
Yrrzy
ive never seen a game like mario run be anything more than $5 at the most

Thread Tags

vidya