T-man
(Dec 16, 2016 at 1:16 PM)Yrr Wrote: ive never seen a game like mario run be anything more than $5 at the most
Honestly, this is what it should have cost. Totally worth it without feeling the guilt of knowing you could have bought food or something instead of Mario fucking Run.
sealelement
(Dec 16, 2016 at 1:14 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:16 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM)sealelement Wrote: rockstar really milks that f2p money with all their gta online updates and this last one is really annoying b/c it has a bunch of cool stuff like a stunt ramp car and a car with a jet engine on it and you gotta play like 500 hours legit to get any of that shit >:
why does a $60 video game that sells insanely high amounts need microtransactions, again

Because GTA Online has been updating regularly for like 3 years and the price of admissions was technically for the single player, which is well worth $60 bucks all by itself.

70 bucks for kitt from knight rider though? i'd rather just pay a fucking subscription at this point tbf
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
(Dec 16, 2016 at 1:28 PM)sealelement Wrote:
(Dec 16, 2016 at 1:14 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Dec 16, 2016 at 5:16 AM)Draku Wrote: why does a $60 video game that sells insanely high amounts need microtransactions, again

Because GTA Online has been updating regularly for like 3 years and the price of admissions was technically for the single player, which is well worth $60 bucks all by itself.
70 bucks for kitt from knight rider though? i'd rather just pay a fucking subscription at this point tbf
Oh yeah, no, I totally agree that their pricing is ridiculous. I've stopped caring about updates because they're always for the insanely wealthy. I was just explaining the rationale.
fucker5
bros items
T-man
[Image: DCYPi5y.png]

i feel a lot better now
DrTapeworm
2017: the year of annihilation (and hat in time)
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM)T-man Wrote: [Image: DCYPi5y.png]

i feel a lot better now
releasing Hat in Time the same year as Yooka Laylee is the equivalent of mecha kicking himself in the fucking nutshack with a spiked boot

why would anyone think this is a good idea? wasn't this fucking game slated for like 2013
Yrrzy
he's taking valuable business advice from Battleborn
Elyk

i feel a lot better now

holiday 2017
Revolver Ocelot
A Hat in Time - now featuring the ability to throw your hat and platform on it
You're pretty good.
Spritanium
(Jan 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:

i feel a lot better now
releasing Hat in Time the same year as Yooka Laylee is the equivalent of mecha kicking himself in the fucking nutshack with a spiked boot

why would anyone think this is a good idea? wasn't this fucking game slated for like 2013

Not just yooka laylee, Mario Odyssey too. It's like releasing a fun space adventure film the same weekend as both Star Wars and Star Trek
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Syaxamaphone
If MB doesn't hurry the fuck up, I'm going to eventually learn unity and cuck him with my own 3D platformer.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
GRIMglamfire

i feel a lot better now

this is the dumbestost i have ever read. this post is a videogame blunder
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Draku
(Jan 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM)GLAMGRIMFIRE Wrote: this is the dumbestost i have ever read. this post is a videogame blunder
How is it not true?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Sponge
(Jan 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM)GLAMGRIMFIRE Wrote:

i feel a lot better now

this is the dumbestost i have ever read. this post is a videogame blunder

I don't know. We are getting a lot of 3D platformers this year like Mario, Yooka Laylee, Crash Bandicoot and whatever the fuck Sonic is. It think it could effect sales depending on when they release Hat in Time this year
rtsmarty

i feel a lot better now

I dunno releasing it soon after Yooka-Laylee might be a good thing.

Like, if Yooka-Laylee does well amongst people who aren't already looking forward to A Hat In Time, then those people might want more games like it, and A Hat In Time is just there a little while later.
T-man
(Jan 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM)Sponge Wrote: I don't know. We are getting a lot of 3D platformers this year like Mario, Yooka Laylee, Crash Bandicoot and whatever the fuck Sonic is. It think it could effect sales depending on when they release Hat in Time this year
Yeah, I don't think it's unfair to say that Hat in Time has effectively been made obsolete by those it was trying to imitate making a surprise comeback.

>when crash fucking bandicoot is revived and released before your 3d platformer revival

idk if this counts but canceling legends 3 is a pretty big blunder on capcom's part. they would've made a lot of money and just fuck them man ;_;
Mario
yeah idk at this point its probably smarter for hatInTime to release alongside the other big names in hopes that people just wanna buy all the 3d platformers that show up. maybe release it a bit before them so people who are impatient will pick it up and play it i guess
Revolver Ocelot
I gotta ask what A Hat in Time is even about at this point

I've completely lost the plot, I feel like I may have known at one point in time but it's been so long that I just don't know anymore
You're pretty good.

Thread Tags

vidya