Beako
I'd like to keep Emoji discussion contained to one thread. (I was sort of attempting that with my existing Emoji Thread in the PPP (the one with the photoshopped bookpic) but I decided I don't want to keep bumping it; I'm worried I'll make it seem like I'm trying to constantly draw attention to the OC pic and OC vid in the thread every time I bump it.)

I don't have any news other than, well, today and tomorrow I'm back at my own house (I'll be visiting family for a week again in a couple days for New Year's) so I'm going to go forward with hiding some of the reactions (if I even have the permissions to; I don't think I've tried it to.) They'll still be available as hidden smileys. What I've decided I'll hide soon are Nyeh!, [Image: mw_ugh.svg], Gotta Blast, and Dread.

I'm going to do a blueprint of the layout without those four Emojis so that as soon as I hide them I can immediately apply the new layout. I also might be renaming some Emojis soon. I'll keep you all posted.

Also, I think I will hide Geimu! Geimu! Geimu! seven days from now, since that's when the next anime season starts, if I'm not mistaken. Still not sure what Geimu! Geimu! Geimu! is even from or how old it is.

Also going to move Yaranaika closer to the rest of the anime/manga Emojis, and hopefully not too far away from I Wanna F*ck That. We'll see. The general idea is keeping the happiest smileys northwest, the most shocked smileys northeast, the most angry smileys southwest, and the most sad smileys southeast, Empty always starting the final new row, and smileys that "belong near each other" staying near each other.

Also I realize this Emoji stuff is the most mundane thing to discuss ever, and if I ever make it seem like I think Emojis are of vital importance, I'm just hamming it up. The true heroes of Minus World are the ones who did all the coding and moderate the forum. If anyone felt trolled, it was 100% unintentional on my part. I'll try to tone it down (which is one of the reasons I wanted to contain it to one thread.)
Shroomguy
Emojis are incredibly important! They're even making a movie about them!
The Beef Baron
Draku
reactions are a key part of the mw experience, i do actually find emojis fairly important.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Beako
If too many people are against any of these changes I'm 100% fine with changing some/all of them back:

December 2016
  • Stop. is now the hidden Smiley :stop: (Reason: Too similar to "Ugh")
  • Ugh is now "Ugh" and :ugh: (Reason: Clarity & wider scope)
  • Nyeh! is now the hidden Smiley (Reason: Too similar to "Peeved")
  • Gotta Blast is now the hidden Smiley (Reason: Too similar to "Yaranaika")
  • Dread is now the hidden Smiley (Reason: Too similar to "Oh God No")
  • [Image: mw_glare.svg] is now "Hrmm..." and :fry: (Reason: Overthrown by "Hmm...")
  • [Image: mw_doubtful.svg] is now "Thinking..." and :thinking: (Reason: Wider scope)

edit

I found out how to hide Reactions in the control panel. It's labeled "Rate me a Funny."

Weird.

edit

The layout trends I described in the OP are impossible to keep perfect with nuances like the anime/manga emojis being in close proximity to each other. I also remember someone saying they wanted me to make Airhorn blasting Grrr, which made the new layout even more difficult. But I think I got it pretty close.
Beako
Sorry for somewhat violating the post discretion rule but I wanted to condense my triple post into a single post and moved the content of this post into the first post of the chain. Mods plz permadelete this post.
Beako
Sorry for somewhat violating the post discretion rule but I wanted to condense my triple post into a single post and moved the content of this post into the first post of the chain. Mods plz permadelete this post.
Spritanium
Nice layout as always Hooray
Spritanium
(Dec 28, 2016 at 12:21 PM)Videl Wrote: I found out how to hide Reactions in the control panel. It's labeled "Rate me a Funny."

Weird.
Yeah the reactions plugin we used as a base has a weird name
Spritanium
[Image: wybcar.PNG]

Perfect
[Image: supercorrect.png]
fucker5
I want an eyes emoji reaction. I dunno how to do the vector thingies though.
Beako
Emoji Suggestion:

[Image: Bn7bFpm.jpg]
Beako
If too many people are against any of these changes I'm 100% fine with changing some/all of them back:

January 10th, 2017
  • Analyzing is now Analyzing and :analyze: (From "Hrmm..." and :fry: | Reason: Further avoidance of confusion with "Hmm...")
  • Sniff... is now "Sniff..." and :cry: (From "Sniff..." and :sniff: | Reason: Clarity)
  • Well... is now "Well..." and :well: (From "Thinking" and :thinking: | Reason: Clarity)
  • Oh Brother... is now "Oh Brother..." and :why: (From "Why?" and :why: | Reason: Clarity)
Mario
(Jan 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM)Beako Wrote: Emoji Suggestion:

[Image: Bn7bFpm.jpg]

make it happen obama
Spritanium
I'll make that, I'm surprised we don't already have a Thumbs Up
Spritanium
Thumbs Up

I actually kind of like it better with only one hand
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
I think it would look better with only one hand too.

Also I asked for a thumbs up ages ago but was told that the Good Sh*t button was enough.
Draku
i like the two hands
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
I think you're wrong.
Two_Finger
I think this is a wonderful adaptation of that image
Elyk
Can we get a thumbs down one too?