geno7
this is i guess kind of a spinoff of the "what are you listenan to" topic but i kinda felt like it needed its own topic????

basically whether you use foobar, winamp, or whatever other kinda customizable music library setup, now is the time to circlejerk and post pictures of it. though the topic is mainly for showing off setups in more customizable music library programs, if you use a more concrete setup like itunes you can still just show screenshots of your music library. its always really interesting to see what artists people have.

this is my foobar layout, i made it myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with the help of a lot of plugins and shit but i mean the layout as a whole was custom made)

[Image: flLq5Xr.png]

i have something like 64 complete discographies because whenever i like an artist i feel the need to have their entire discography instead of just the albums i like, for the sake of completion or something. also im using the paper mario 64 font because im fucking quirky. ALSO the jojo background is my wallpaper, which cycles through a bunch of wallpapers every like 2 minutes, the theme is just transparent so you can kind of make out anime characters looming in the corners of album covers
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
T-man
[Image: winme_b3_34.gif]
Draku
i used to rice out winamp with all sorts of stupid-ass skins

now i just use default foobar

it werks
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
I need to rice my foobar
give me some good shit mw
Fun With Despair
i don't use either, fuckboy

get taste
Rapidkirby3k
I use XMplay and foobar2000 more often nowadays, not so much for Winamp. :V
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Elyk
I just use the default foobar2k. I have it collapsed to my tray most of the time so I don't really care what it looks like.
kaZaam
foobar is just winamp but more annoying to use i dont know why its such a thing
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Stalin
you have pretty great taste (jellyfish is basically queen if they were a '90s alt rock band which is fucking good) but the paper mario font just makes the whole thing look tacky i'm sorry

i personally just use winamp's default theme because i'm too lazy to find something else
[Image: Hammer.gif~c200]
Yoshin
[Image: SgGoJ5J.png]
there we go
geno7
(Jan 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM)Stalin Wrote: you have pretty great taste (jellyfish is basically queen if they were a '90s alt rock band which is fucking good) but the paper mario font just makes the whole thing look tacky i'm sorry

i personally just use winamp's default theme because i'm too lazy to find something else

yeah i really love jellyfish. to be quite honest ive been obsessed with finding bands that sound like queen lately. which is weirdly difficult. i feel like ive researched it so exhaustively that ive become like an expert on every band that exists which sounds remotely like queen. which isn't a whole lot of bands

either way like, at first i didnt really care that the pm font looked tacky and i just liked it because it was a neat little font with every character i'd need and plus it... you know, reminded me of paper mario. but honestly lately yeah i have been thinking about changing it.
Stalin
trust me, finding a new band that sounds like queen (or a new artist in general) has been my life's mission for the last few years

i've even done some original music in the style of queen to fill the void in the music world because i want there to be a new queen so bad, but maybe it's for the best there isn't one (this is a lie there needs to be one goddammit)

the closest i found was valensia, but he doesn't make music anymore. best way i can describe him: if queen and kate bush did a collaboration. it's really good shit, please listen to his debut it's like innuendo part 2 the happy version i love it a lot
geno7
(Jan 3, 2017 at 4:26 AM)Stalin Wrote: trust me, finding a new band that sounds like queen (or a new artist in general) has been my life's mission for the last few years

i've even done some original music in the style of queen to fill the void in the music world because i want there to be a new queen so bad, but maybe it's for the best there isn't one (this is a lie there needs to be one goddammit)

the closest i found was valensia, but he doesn't make music anymore. best way i can describe him: if queen and kate bush did a collaboration. it's really good shit, please listen to his debut it's like innuendo part 2 the happy version i love it a lot

this actually does sound really cool. i'd heard a bit about valensia but never really dove in to check him out. as far as my finds go there's the aforementioned Jellyfish, Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears (has many influences, one of them obviously queen, though overall they sound more like... Klaatu, weirdly enough), a few tracks by The Darkness, Sweet (more the hard rock side, they do like to use glass shattering harmonies and overdubbed guitar solos), Foxy Shazam, and Sparks. I think Foxy and Sparks are incidentally my favorite out of all of them, more kind of in their own weird right than because they sound like queen.

also you've done original music in the style of queen??? that is really cool!!! id honestly like to hear that. i literally..... did the exact same thing??? for the exact same reason???? its just... really odd to me that queen was such a popular band and they don't have like millions of sound-alikes, because honestly that brand of bombastic, theatrical, lavishly overproduced rock needs to be a genre in and of itself, i crave it so much. which is why i decided fuck it if noone else is gonna do it i might as well do it myself. i guess that's how all my songs come about though. but in all honesty im actually trying to work on an EP or maybe even a full album just in this style, i haven't worked on it much recently though because i need to go out and get new strings for my guitar, you can't be queen without that top string
Stalin
DUDE this is legit amazing, I love this so much

in truth, I think I loved queen's ability to traverse genres and still carry elements of their sound through it (like doing fucking music hall pompous 20s whatever and STILL have the vocal and guitar harmonies, it's amazing holy shit)

I even tried to compose a song in a similar style, which I uploaded a preview of for a friend on soundcloud recently. i've done a bunch of other queen-esque songs but nothing uploaded on the internet presently - i did an entire crazy one complete with changing genres mid-song and big guitar harmonies and choir backing vocals called "mad love" but i'm not proud with how i recorded it so i think i'll give it another go before showing it to world

Thread Tags

music winamp foobar