Games you like, Sequels you don't

Zae Eildus
loved tales of symphonia to freaking death(i think i have like over 300 hours on it). I utterly hate its sequel, dawn of the new world.

just bad writing and bad gameplay decisions all around, not to mention scripted levels for the original cast, god what went wrong with this one?
you mean you didn't like not controlling the original cast until the end of the game, emil or monster taming? some tales fan you are.....
Zae Eildus
yeah i know right look at that limited as hell monster system that barely learns anything and has really dumb ai, how about those optional dungeons you can do that just get recycled over and over again just with different enemies, how sheena having an ability that you cant turn off in the wii version that decreases the amount of gald you get from every battle

i must be losing it, help me.
MoonAge
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a decent little SW game with fun combat and pretty environments, but they kind of ran it under the mud with the sequel. While the gameplay is better, the plot was a confusing clone story and there were only 3 worlds, compared to the first game which had like 7.
Stirling
what is your problem with ww exactly? it's my favourite zelda, though i think mm is the best game while the original being the best zelda
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
kaZaam
shiet ive alr said like fifty problems i hav w wind waker. im just sick of people telling me its the best zelda because "its cute", "the graphics have aged well" or w/e other superficial shit. like aint it strange that everyone just kinda ignores talking about the gameplay? mayb it's because what's there just isn't very interesting esp compared to other zeldas like majora or the first one
kaZaam
like ffs the main gimmick is p much just a dolled-up loading screen lol

"but the sailing feels epic and stuff even tho nothing's actually happening"

ok the kraken fights were kinda scary and cool but thats about it
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
I like Wind Waker because of it's inviting atmosphere, it's easy difficulty makes for a much more relaxing experience, has the least shit combat in the series, there's a real sense of impact in your swings due the musical accompaniment and the slight hang when your sword connects. Wind Waker's difficulty is great for me because in most Zelda games I can't help but become apathetic halfway through the dungeons waiting for them to finally be fucking over.
T-man
I also like how Link isn't just a fucking empty shell. He's expressive, he has a family and he clearly had a life before the beginning of the game.
Zae Eildus
(Feb 13, 2017 at 10:03 PM)kaZaam Wrote: shiet ive alr said like fifty problems i hav w wind waker. im just sick of people telling me its the best zelda because "its cute", "the graphics have aged well" or w/e other superficial shit. like aint it strange that everyone just kinda ignores talking about the gameplay? mayb it's because what's there just isn't very interesting esp compared to other zeldas like majora or the first one

well to be fair i can agree but i dont really like 3d zeldas in general so, 2d zeldas are more of my thing, although i have yet to play skyward sword or majoras mask, but tp, ww, and oot are kinda on my eh list at this point.
kaZaam
yea ive alw preferred 2d zelda too. 3d zeldas alw feel like wasted potential in some way to me. im just sick of ppl being so critical of all the other ones while ignoring wind wakers problems cus i think it has the most

then again i still havent played skyward sword so idk
T-man
Skyward Sword is fucking garbage, never play it
kaZaam
lol ive heard
Zae Eildus
ive seen some gameplay footage and lps of it. It looks like a total mess gameplay wise and the main villain is just is this guy really a villain
kaZaam
(Feb 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM)T-man Wrote: I like Wind Waker because of it's inviting atmosphere, it's easy difficulty makes for a much more relaxing experience,
if i wanted to relax id play animal crossing or some shit. "relaxing" isn't exactly a good trait for an action game imo. but tbf p much every 3d zelda cept majora really nerfs the challenge.
(Feb 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM)T-man Wrote: has the least shit combat in the series, there's a real sense of impact in your swings due the musical accompaniment and the slight hang when your sword connects.
twilight princess does the same thing but better but shhh you can't say good things about that one

oh and also there isn't a 'press a to win' thing like in wind waker
(Feb 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM)T-man Wrote: Wind Waker's difficulty is great for me because in most Zelda games I can't help but become apathetic halfway through the dungeons waiting for them to finally be fucking over.
idk how you prefer sailing around the Nothing Ocean to find more money for tingle to actual gameplay but whatever
kaZaam
(Feb 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM)T-man Wrote: I also like how Link isn't just a fucking empty shell. He's expressive, he has a family and he clearly had a life before the beginning of the game.

who cares
Zae Eildus
thats actually a silly reaction, people want character in games, thats why they play more character expressive games or interactive ones, i can understand the rest of your points but thats like lol what
kaZaam
js playing zelda so you can figure out link's family history is kinda weird imo

i mean it doesnt take away anything necessarily but w/e just seems kinda superficial (like all the other praise wind waker gets woh)
T-man
I don't like Twilight Princess because dude edgy adult fantasy lmao isn't a good tone for the Zelda series IMO

And since all 3D Zelda's are mechanically the same it basically comes down to superficial preference
kaZaam
id argue that twilight princess has some of the cutesier shit in the whole series but no it has like two kinda scary moments so its Woah Edgy and stuff (ie it wasn't wind waker 2)