MW Potential Podcast Park: Ideas, Suggestions, and More

Fun With Despair
Alright so, as a spinoff of the Pea topic about Twitch integration, because it's not entirely the same thing, let's talk about a potential MW podcast to "advertise".

Now, to avoid the typical precarious podcast pitfalls, all the people involved would need to not have awful schedules but let's ignore that for now and focus on what an MW podcast should even involve, especially one aimed partially as a board advertisement.

To start it off, I'll give some points I feel mildly strongly about.

>The MW podcast should be more than just inside jokes/the meta

Of course that stuff would be involved somewhat, but it shouldn't be just an MMR broadcast. If one of the aims is to recruit new MW members and advertise, it should be accessible to all audiences, and most importantly, FUNNY to all audiences.

>Question/Segment suggestions from MW registered users only

Pretty self explanatory. Many podcasts use this as a way of interacting with the community, but this means that potential listeners would have to join MW to interact with the podcast, which in turn gives them incentive to join in the first place. If the goal is to get more members, then this would be a great way.

>We need an official youtube channel and nice-looking splash screen.

Also pretty basic. Most decent podcasts on youtube also have something nice in the video player, even if it's a still image. Black screens look unprofessional.
rtsmarty
we do have an official youtube channel but i don't think anyone knows the password
Shroomguy
the password is probably mario or some shit

does anyone have access to the email used to create the youtube account that could reset the password?

Also I like all of the suggestions, would make the podcast great.
The Beef Baron
Draku
(Jan 13, 2017 at 11:31 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: does anyone have access to the email used to create the youtube account that could reset the password?
i think that's the source of the problem in the first place LOL
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shroomguy
couldn't we just make a new youtube account
The Beef Baron
Elyk
Pretty sure the Minus World Youtube account uses one of my gmails.
Shroomguy
(Jan 13, 2017 at 11:42 PM)Elyk Wrote: Pretty sure the Minus World Youtube account uses one of my gmails.

Would it be possible (And would you be willing) to gain access to the account and put it back in the hands of the good people of MW?
The Beef Baron
Elyk
I'm not one of the good people of MW? Sad

I went through my set of gmail accounts and none of them seem to be tied to it. I think I might have made a special new one just for this. The password details are probably on old MW. I can't seem to get to it anymore even using the hostfile trick. I get a page with the following:
Quote:You've requested a page on a website (forums.theminusworld.net) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (forums.theminusworld.net).
Draku
(Jan 14, 2017 at 12:08 AM)Elyk Wrote: I'm not one of the good people of MW? Sad

I went through my set of gmail accounts and none of them seem to be tied to it. I think I might have made a special new one just for this. The password details are probably on old MW. I can't seem to get to it anymore even using the hostfile trick. I get a page with the following:
Quote:You've requested a page on a website (forums.theminusworld.net) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (forums.theminusworld.net).
65.181.120.85 forums.theminusworld.net
65.181.120.85 theminusworld.net
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
Why is that IP different than what it was a few weeks ago?

Also it seems like I did have the password saved but it was "pass.txt" so I had no idea what it was for.

I dropped the info into the NPC passwords thread in the staff forum.
rtsmarty
(Jan 14, 2017 at 12:13 AM)Elyk Wrote: Why is that IP different than what it was a few weeks ago?
it was the ip address for cloudflare and cloudflare finally decided to kill it i guess?

luckily mfgg has the same ip address and doesn't use cloudflare
Elyk
(Jan 14, 2017 at 12:15 AM)rtsmarty Wrote:
(Jan 14, 2017 at 12:13 AM)Elyk Wrote: Why is that IP different than what it was a few weeks ago?
it was the ip address for cloudflare and cloudflare finally decided to kill it i guess?

luckily mfgg has the same ip address and doesn't use cloudflare
Ah, that makes sense then.
Fun With Despair
well, I guess that's one problem solved
HylianDev
I gave some thought to doing an unofficial MFGG podcast a while back. Cool to see MW doing it.

If you're looking for stuff to talk about, video games are an obvious answer
Pea
i wanna talk about video games
If we were to host a Minus World channel I think it would be an even better idea to have different content being uploaded too and not just a podcast

It's just hard to really pindown on what though because we're not exactly video game centric anymore.(or are we idk fuck)
Mario
dedicated salt cam channel
Fun With Despair
(Jan 14, 2017 at 3:17 AM)zelma Wrote: If we were to host a Minus World channel I think it would be an even better idea to have different content being uploaded too and not just a podcast

It's just hard to really pindown on what though because we're not exactly video game centric anymore.(or are we idk fuck)
if it's gonna be a whole channel, I would agree with more content by different users. keeps diversity in content and frequency up.

MW is kinda just a general thing. vidya focused mainly but not afraid to stray into random dumb shit