[VOID] Patchturday: The Xgoff Xploit has been Xtinguished

Gabe Newell
Recently it has come to my attention that some of our members have been giving each other large amounts of EX by leaving arbitrary Good Sh*ts and reactions on posts. This boost was appreciated by some, but on my Minus World you have to WORK for your EX!

From now on, posts will no longer receive EX from Good Sh*ts and reactions if their parent thread has been dead (not posted in) for one month. You can still leave Good Sh*ts and reactions on any post, they just won't earn the poster any EX if the thread is dead.

This change will allow you to keep gaining EX for the great content you produce now, while leaving the past in the past. Keep in mind that if a thread comes back to life, all of its existing posts will be able to receive EX once more. Neat!

We sincerely hope you enjoy this change, as we believe it will go along way toward further legitimizing the art of Good Sh*tposting. Any salt regarding this update may be submitted to our resident Salt Handler, whose profile can be found right here!
good shit this post if you think gabe newell smells like sweat and expensive cologne
Fun With Despair
the profile joke got old like the third time it was made
rtsmarty
but this was my only revenue stream Sniff...
Fun With Despair
have one on the house
Elyk
This isn't the Xgoff Xploit patch that I was looking for.
Spritanium
You can still good sh*t anything you want, and if the thread comes back (i.e. if you post in it for any reason no matter how old it is because bumping isn't against the rules) the ancient post will go straight back to rewarding EX. There's nothing stopping lurkers from lurking in active threads. There's not really anything worth complaining about here
Spritanium
It is an exploit to go through thousands of posts and Good Sh*t them for the sole purpose of inflating everyone's EX
Spritanium
lmfao dude calm down
Spritanium
I shouldn't have gotten to level 90 in 2 days while receiving an unextraordinary amount of good sh*ts on posts that aren't relevant anymore
Spritanium
10/10 tho so that's good
Spritanium
We're talking about thousands of inauthentic good sh*ts unbalancing the game. Idk why you would be in favor of that, like you're really making a huge deal out of a tiny thing here
Spritanium
You literally wouldn't have noticed this update if Gabe hadn't posted about it lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Gabe Newell
Whoa there, friend. I think everyone "appreciates" getting copious amounts of free EX to some extent, but I think you'll agree that no game is fun without a challenge!
Mario
idc how it works either way but i dont think it was an exploit. if xgoff likes all our posts ever then xgoff likes all our posts
Spritanium
I like how conspiracy theorist Bowser believes that I'm secretly in charge of the whole board
Spritanium
Then the EX from a good sh*t should go back down to 2, but people would also complain about that
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Gabe Newell
We have to keep the players on their toes!
AWFADragNaut
Gonna Be Good
AWFADragNaut
Holy shit I never truly appreciated how stellar that animation is

Thread Tags

update patch