[VOID] Patchturday: The Xgoff Xploit has been Xtinguished

Spritanium
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM)Daddy Bowser Wrote: I don't think anyone knew that you buffed Good Shit in the first place, I thought it was 2 already.
It was announced with the Good/Great/Perfect Sh*t update

It's easy to earn hundreds of EX from a few good posts, which is why it's not really necessary to receive meager amounts of EX from a few people occasionally enjoying your old posts. And if someone goes through a ton of old posts to rate them for no reason, which is undoubtedly not the purpose of the GS button, copious amounts of unwarranted EX will no longer be given from some amorphous and untraceable source. It just makes sense.

This is a relatively minor update that you basically conceded you would've been unaware of had it not been announced, so I really don't understand what the big deal is.
Spritanium
Uh I don't imagine xgoff combed through almost 4000 posts in a few days and legitimately liked them, no

Was that a serious question
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
yeah idk "if i didnt tell you you wouldn't know" doesn't exactly make any change good
Mario
if xgoff loves the forum i think that's legitimate. you gotta have some way to feel about it if you're bothering to do that lol
rtsmarty
i don't think it's a big enough ``exploit'' to block

i mean it's not like the new way is unexploitable anyway, just make a post in the thread and continue rating

(then delete the post if you really want)
Spritanium
It needs a patch either way, people should at least have a vague idea of where their ex is coming from. If we have people posting threads like "wow why have I gained 10 levels without doing anything" then obviously something is wrong
Spritanium
Yes you do its on his profile just like everyone else's
Mario
If the reasoning is 'xgoffs good sh*ts aren't legitimate' then why are we not counting good sh*t ex from literally anyone else on old posts instead?

Some good reasoning for this change is it puts newer members at a disadvantage and gives an advantage to people with lots of posts. That is pretty unfair when people could be joining now and gaining ex at the same rate as everyone else.

If we want old posts to be treated as an archive, that's fine & we can outright disable reactions / spells for them. I guess it's pretty weird for the good sh*t/reactions to behave differently for older posts

I don't feel strongly about this either way, but we gotta have a good reason for the 'why' if we make this kind of change. 'people gaining ex from xgoff feels weird' isnt a good spot for the reasoning to stop
Spritanium
I really can't believe people suddenly are in favor of the Good Shit button being used as an artificial EX enhancer when this is the exact thing the bleeding hearts took issue with regarding Stick Around
Mario
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: It needs a patch either way, people should at least have a vague idea of where their ex is coming from. If we have people posting threads like "wow why have I gained 10 levels without doing anything" then obviously something is wrong

this is a fair point too
Mario
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:33 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I really can't believe people suddenly are in favor of the Good Shit button being used as an artificial EX enhancer when this is the exact thing the bleeding hearts took issue with regarding Stick Around

no it's not, stop being disingenuous
Spritanium
@"Super Mario" How is it different? SA forced the Good shit button to become inauthentic, which was evil, but making a personal decision to make the Good shit button inauthentic on a much larger scale is totally fine? I'm not being disingenuous, although I guess kazaam was the only one who really gave that reason for not liking SA
Mario
"I don't want to be coerced to good sh*t a post I don't care for" is in no way the same as "xgoff has chosen to good sh*t every post"
Spritanium
@"Daddy Bowser" Man why you gotta come into the thread hot

You could've explained your issues with this without taking it from 0-100
Mario
the change this thread is about was my idea btw, full disclosure, but i said that i liked it how it worked currently (meaning before the change). i just didn't want a worse solution like 'all posts older than x regardless if the thread is active or not don't have good sh*t/reaction ex counted'
Spritanium
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:40 PM)Super Mario Wrote: "I don't want to be coerced to good sh*t a post I don't care for" is in no way the same as "xgoff has chosen to good sh*t every post"
I'm not saying it is

What I'm saying is that if the Good shit button isn't just a means to gain EX, why is it okay for someone to use it on a hundred posts without reading them just to give someone else EX?
Mario
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:44 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:40 PM)Super Mario Wrote: "I don't want to be coerced to good sh*t a post I don't care for" is in no way the same as "xgoff has chosen to good sh*t every post"
I'm not saying it is

What I'm saying is that if the Good shit button isn't just a means to gain EX, why is it okay for someone to use it on a hundred posts without reading them just to give someone else EX?

because they want to

unless you're implying someone's holding a gun to xgoff
Spritanium
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM)Daddy Bowser Wrote: I know I'm a hot daddy, but you don't have to assume I'm angry.

By the way, what does this mean when the Frame that Shit gallery is implemented? Are those amazing posts never going to gain another ex just because they're old posts?
FTS posts being exempt from this would be an interesting addition imo
Mario
yeah we can always make exceptions to the rules if it makes sense to do so
Mario
balance changes should probably have more people involved in the discussion than the 4 people who happened to be around (one of which I'm not even sure what his opinion was lol) I mean I get this was an 'emergency' situation but we should def consider improving this process for the future. im sure outrage is unavoidable but this one just went through too quick imo

Thread Tags

update patch