[VOID] Patchturday: The Xgoff Xploit has been Xtinguished

Fun With Despair

>regular lowly human beings

>enter the slack to suggest things

truly an impossible feat
Spritanium
In the future I will definitely wait longer before implementing any suggestions that affect the nature of Good Sh*t. I'm always working on little tweaks and optimizations and it's easy for something like this to feel like just another tweak
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
I think it's less to do with good sh*t in general, and more just that, like the old ass thread said, some kind of balancing team made up of people other than staff members needs to be made in some form

it's easy to make spell/exp/good sh*t changes when you're the people in charge because again, it's hard to see something like that as other than a minor tweak, which is why it honestly would be more beneficial than anything to have some kind of regular member group to actually review changes on the active meta and playstyles and shit before shit gets randomly pushed out.

It's like the extreme post-rally-x rally nerfs that went out in season 0 and fucked literally everyone over because no one reviewed them besides staff
Spritanium
I really would love to have more people on the slack
Fun With Despair
would be nice to know how to go about getting into that then

would be very useful for balance and feedback and such but as it stands now it seems very inaccessible to most of the user base, and while having a million people in a slack is bad news, having it so obscure and impenetrable makes it seem like getting into such things is impossible
Spritanium
https://minusworld.slack.com

We try to discuss bigger issues on the forum itself but for more detail oriented stuff it's undeniably easier to do with slack. Having that kind of functionality built into minus world would be cool but we're probably a long way from that.
Shedinja
If anything, this is proof that Xgoff is omnipresent.
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 15, 2017 at 5:47 AM)Spritanium Wrote: https://minusworld.slack.com

We try to discuss bigger issues on the forum itself but for more detail oriented stuff it's undeniably easier to do with slack. Having that kind of functionality built into minus world would be cool but we're probably a long way from that.

need an invitation to join
Agastya
why the fuck does this thread have six pages
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
everyone's excited to see gabe back, too bad no one can read what he said except for yoshin
kaZaam
(Jan 15, 2017 at 3:38 AM)Spritanium Wrote: There is a balancing team, it's called slack and anyone is welcome to come by and contribute ideas. For some reason only like 5 people do so
idk how the "responses" (more like tagline-y ways of saying I'm Not Changing This) youve given me so far for my contribs are supposed to encourage me or anybody ftm
(Jan 15, 2017 at 4:21 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I really would love to have more people on the slack
i dont believe you
(Jan 15, 2017 at 6:06 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Jan 15, 2017 at 5:47 AM)Spritanium Wrote: https://minusworld.slack.com

need an invitation to join
LOL
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
i'm ok with a seers council replacing the slack or making use of it if that's what we want to do. idk if you can open a slack to the public but there are other options that could be considered if that's something we need
Mario
spritey is more open to different ideas in the slack. the reason why he gets grumpier on the forum is because by the time we talk about it here he's already done the work to implement something. I would get pretty annoyed/defensive too tbh, that's why i think we need to make the communication more open before anything's done, or come up with a system for it like the proposed Seers council. I'm fine with either, but the seers council seems cooler
Mario
i think it's inevitable that even if we all agree a change makes sense we might get pissed at it once it happens anyway too though, so nothing is going to completely smooth everything over. doesn't hurt to try and make things as good as we can tho!
Fun With Despair
i really do think either a seers council OR open invitations to the slack for those interested is important. I dunno the inner workings of slack so it might be invite only, but being able to gain access would be great for those who care about balance but aren't staff.
kaZaam
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:44 AM)Super Mario Wrote: spritey is more open to different ideas in the slack. the reason why he gets grumpier on the forum is because by the time we talk about it here he's already done the work to implement something. I would get pretty annoyed/defensive too tbh, that's why i think we need to make the communication more open before anything's done, or come up with a system for it like the proposed Seers council. I'm fine with either, but the seers council seems cooler
sure but idk like if he's so concerned about What We Want then mayb the slack should be a little more advertised or hell mayb accessible at all?? its just kinda seeming like hes looking for any way to blame us for his/their fuckups
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
yeah i'm going to investigate, currently though it's based by email and anyone can invite anyone though. maybe there's invite links too? gonna look into it
Agastya
isnt the Seers Council a thing thats been brought up for months

like thats just a usergroup + usergroup-only subforum the only hard part is actually deciding who to put on it

like tbh a realtime chat medium is only good for bouncing ideas back and forth you need to have a static board to put down your finalized ideas to make sure everyone is in agreement with them and has had time to discuss the up/downsides of them (unless its something as ridiculous as Rally X, where toning down knockback to cap at the spell cost was needed to be done asap)
Agastya
basically a lot of stuff goes into administration and there's no "best" way to go about it because we're mostly all weak humans

except me. i am a strong human
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
i mean the main thing that happens in the slack is brainstorming, the problem is we're missing a step where were think things out more- we tend to agree something is a good enough idea to do and just roll with it right there when it should be like 'ok here's our more fleshed out ideas now lets get some more feedback on them'

Thread Tags

update patch