Mario
maybe we can make the stick around arrow draggable and if you toss it away the effect goes away
Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM)Spritanium Wrote: @"Super Mario" nah I meant just the ex. Click a reaction, it gives 1ex. Unclick it, and if it's been less than 5 minutes since you clicked it, take away the ex. Otherwise leave the ex alone

i dunno how I feel about that
Agastya
why do you want a dedicated bad sh*t button when we already have these:

AngryNoOh Brother...AnalyzingPeevedWell...FacepalmThumbs DownWatSadDisgustSickDeadBlank

that only makes the overall experience more negative and discourages posting
Agastya
hell you can even drop overreaction (great spell btw) with one of those if you're that passionate about it
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
T-man
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM)Agastya 🍅 Wrote: why do you want a dedicated bad sh*t button when we already have these:

AngryNoOh Brother...AnalyzingPeevedWell...FacepalmThumbs DownWatSadDisgustSickDeadBlank

that only makes the overall experience more negative and discourages posting

this tbh

good sh*t doesnt need an evil counterpart for normal posting
Mario
could we get 'view post' links on the 'made a post' entry in the ex log too, it's not a big deal but might as well have em
Agastya
and don't even say "i don't want to give them exp if i don't like their post" because the moment you say that you throw "ex doesn't really matter" out the window and you still believe a post is bad and warrants reaction like youre basically throwing the entire point of Current Minus World out the window
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
I think that one should be working now, is the PID still not being saved?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM)Agastya 🍅 Wrote: and don't even say "i don't want to give them exp if i don't like their post" because the moment you say that you throw "ex doesn't really matter" out the window and you still believe a post is bad and warrants reaction like youre basically throwing the entire point of Current Minus World out the window

i think you misunderstand. yrr doesn't want a bad sh*t button all the time (i don't think) but specifically for stick around posts. I don't think we need it since reactions now dismiss the effect a well
Agastya
im more talking in general but its like way past the time i should be asleep and ive already spent the past hour ranting about dysfunctional and failing friendships so i guess im still channeling that vitriol
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
yeah in general i think reactions remove any need for a bad sh*t button
Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I think that one should be working now, is the PID still not being saved?

still nothing
T-man
SUGGESTION
remove exp log from the dropdown and make it accessible by clicking the exp bar in your welcome block

and in your postbit for good measure
T-man
(Jan 15, 2017 at 8:40 PM)The Adventures of Lunk Wrote: If you hate a post so much that you don't want to give the member 1 ex with a reaction to disable stick around, then tough, save it for the salt cams.

Using reactions to disable the effect is a perfect compromise that doesn't make the effect completely irrelevant or reduce the value of Good Sh*t.

surely every post deserves a reaction at least
Mario
we're going to be doing this in addition to how it works now:
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:22 PM)Super Mario Wrote: maybe we can make the stick around arrow draggable and if you toss it away the effect goes away
that way reactions and good sh*t are still the easiest way to make it go away (just click a button) but if you really don't want to do either of those you can drag and toss it. and it'll be a pretty silly effect
Spritanium
Oh yeah it would be something people figure out on their own
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
oh yea a bad sh*t button was only intended to just be a button to close Stick Around

it wouldnt do anything else
Two_Finger
(Jan 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM)Spritanium Wrote: EDIT: We could also do something that was planned a long time ago and separate the reactions between good/bad, so good reactions reward 1 EX and bad ones do nothing. Then you could leave a negative reaction and dismiss the effect without leaving any EX, even a tiny amount.

I think all reactions should give the same imo
rtsmarty
[Image: P56d21R.png]

this explains so much phantom exp
Yrrzy
[Image: GgxdhNV.png]
nice "reward"

Thread Tags

update