kaZaam
(Jun 22, 2016 at 1:37 AM)Yrr Wrote: maybe its me maybe im the demons

yea the whole 'talking deer' thing tipped me off a bit. fuckin deermons
Spritanium
(Jun 22, 2016 at 1:27 AM)wtl Wrote: I guess we could have kept everything in the same place but I think it makes a bigger impact if we dont try to stay as close to the original everywhere we can

Good Sh*t

Out with the old and in with the new, because the old has never really been that good
Spritanium
I know some people will be iffy about a few of the changes, but I hope everyone can appreciate the incredible amount of work that has gone into this forum compared to previous mfgg revisions

Case in point almost nothing you see that stands out is actually a part of mybb by default. This is a highly customized experience Quite

But as always keep in mind that we're still in active development, so there are plenty of things left to fix/improve
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I feel like there's still a bit of fluff from the base theme that needs to be removed or changed
Yrrzy
i think page navigation could be more obvious and i think posting could have an actual editor rather than just a text form so i could find out what on earth any of the codes are for things
T-man
(Jun 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM)Yrr Wrote: i think page navigation could be more obvious and i think posting could have an actual editor rather than just a text form so i could find out what on earth any of the codes are for things
We do actually have a pretty snazzy post editor, but it's not done yet. Once all the buttons are setup with their functions it will be widely implemented. I think you can see it when you make a new thread.
Yrrzy
also sometimes the little intro next to your username can be two lines long so it stretches out the title bar
T-man
Yeah we know about that one, it bugs the shit out of me too
Stirling
oh yeah i adore the work put into the forum; it's ridiculous how much better this all looks

also we should have demons to combat as like community events and we have to use exp and spells based on what kind of demon it is
Stirling
would you dare call it

a forum game
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Spritanium
(Jun 22, 2016 at 2:17 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: would you dare call it

a forum game

Basically we're turning the whole thing into a forum game lol

But yeah to address some of your comments:

- The completed post editor will be much more full featured
- Pagination could stick out a little more, do you have any suggestions?
- Love the demon idea. In the future we will have different classes for users to choose (Babyface, Heel, Cosmic, and Lurker), maybe we could integrate the ideas somehow and have some kind of Arena where members with Beef can compete for a huge EXP payout
Yrrzy
really id just make the page navigation thing a different colour
Spritanium
(Jun 22, 2016 at 3:18 PM)Yrr Wrote: really id just make the page navigation thing a different colour

What about something like this?

[Image: l2mnDtY.png]
Yrrzy
I'd switch the colours, the 2 there is unclickable but yellow is the "clickable" colour on everything else
Spritanium
Hmm

Personally I think it makes more sense to highlight the current page, I get that it's unclickable but it's still the page you're currently on, whcih makes it the most important thing visually imo
T-man
(Jun 22, 2016 at 3:53 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Hmm

Personally I think it makes more sense to highlight the current page, I get that it's unclickable but it's still the page you're currently on, whcih makes it the most important thing visually imo

I agree, having a bright yellow button with blue highlights doesn't make much sense to me.
Stirling
why not have the page you are currently on have a yellow border? that way to say "important, here now"
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Yrrzy
it'll always be next to a few other buttons, and yet be the only one that looks different, so it's easy to see which page you're on

but imo good UI design highlights what is interactive over everything else, right now the actual clickable buttons look greyed out
Spritanium
It's not exactly an uncommon design pattern for pagination

But in that case I'd recommend dividing the pages so they look like separate buttons
Yrrzy
one of the things i see in that google search that i may recommend is that the rest of the numbers are button coloured but the current page is bigger font

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

except button colour instead of font colour