T-man
Totally agree with the dev forum. It would be great to try these things out before they suddenly get dropped into the mix.
Spritanium
Yeah dev forum is good

I do like surprising people with new spells, but we should be sure never to introduce something like Stick Around without getting community approval first
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I don't think it's difficult to spot things that might piss people off and it's good to have a place where these spells can be fine tuned before showtime. New spells in the dev forum would still be exciting.
Draku
the issue with a dev forum is that for ample feedback we'd need the community's input anyways since people disagree with a lot of the decisions that would get made if we restricted access thus nullifying the point, which means everyone registering again on another forum (which i dont think is a bother myself but apparently everyone else thinks registering for a forum is exhausting somehow) and then there comes the confusion of which to use

i guess if it was used only for the sake of example it might work? restrict posting access to only a few, make a thread with all of the potentially controversial new spells cast in it so that the community could look at them and give their input on how it looks in action on this forum rather than the dev board, and otherwise only use it for seeing if code works first rather than hilarious situations with spritey getting a merge request from rtsmarty and then accepting without reading the slack first
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I think we'd just need a few select members outside of the development team to participate in the dev forum
T-man
Would it not be possible to temporarily restrict new spells to only be accessible in a forum on this site?
Spritanium
That would be possible, it wouldn't help us test things like adjustments to ex/rally tho
rtsmarty
(Jan 21, 2017 at 8:26 PM)Pedigree Wrote: host a copy of the forum as the development forum and open registration to anyone willing to help test shit
that just fractures the forum
Beako
(Jan 18, 2017 at 1:43 PM)T-man Wrote: Yeah, most of your criticisms stem from being a dumb phone poster.

[Image: sfChnhk.png]
God
MFGG IS A SITE FOR DEGENERATES AND SINNERS
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED