God
also i never really understood why you gotta be over 18 to vote; is that on the basis that people under 18's brains aren't smart enough to make that decision? what about when your brain deteroriates after you hit 70?????
Mario
[deleted]
God
(Jun 24, 2016 at 7:32 PM)wtl Wrote: i can easily see anti-elderly propaganda first saying 'fuck their votes theyre stopping us from the good stuff' and then the propaganda shifts to 'fuck their benefits we could use that money on the good stuff' and then you killed off the elderly and youre still not getting the good stuff

will the young electorate be so Cruel?
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
responsible enough to have sex = responsible enough to vote
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
UK age of consent is 16 fwiw
kaZaam
fuck
kaZaam
it makes even less sense now
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
w.e can only speak for the us anyway
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
the presidential candidates are such fucking cunts i just cant
kaZaam
ya the us is prob just as fucked we just havent realized it yet
Pea
and canada's just sitting there watching the world burn

of course we're affected by this too but we elected someone with potential at least
kaZaam
liking canada is a meme but it really does seem p ok
T-man
canada will never shed it's meme status
Aidan
(Jun 24, 2016 at 7:51 PM)Pea Wrote: and canada's just sitting there watching the world burn

of course we're affected by this too but we elected someone with potential at least

lol yeah i almost feel bad being in a country that's actually making positive improvements considering how fucked our buddies are
Spritanium
(Jun 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: also i never really understood why you gotta be over 18 to vote; is that on the basis that people under 18's brains aren't smart enough to make that decision? what about when your brain deteroriates after you hit 70?????

This is a very good point, we kind of just ignore the opinions of children as if they haven't actually started their "real life". But in many cases 16 and 17 year olds have a better idea of what's going on than people over 70.

Honestly maybe it shouldn't be done by age, but not everybody should be able to vote. You should have to have some kind of proof that you're capable of making a reasonable, informed decision. Voting for someone without a good reason isn't freedom; it's just polluting the decisions of people who understand the consequences of their actions

But that makes me feel like an arrogant asshole kind of?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]