What is your least favorite of the minus world spells?

3D Player 2010
Mine would be outta sight, because it replaces an entire post with incomprehensible text, and forces people to listen to annoying sounds to know what the post was meant to say, which makes it a spell that one effectively never wants to see.

(Jan 25, 2017 at 9:42 PM)🅿️️ Wrote: did you seriously wait on getting a sweet tooth to post this thread

Well it expired now so feel free to do whatever you want.
Pea
did you seriously wait on getting a sweet tooth to post this thread
Yrrzy
Stick Around's physical interruption of page scrolling for sure

(outta sight bothers me a lot too but at least u can quote it if u really wanna see the text)
T-man
I really don't think I can say that I dislike any of them really. The more obstructive ones are typically used sparingly and their effects are usually fun so I don't mind too much.
3D Player 2010
(Jan 25, 2017 at 9:42 PM)🅿️️ Wrote: did you seriously wait on getting a sweet tooth to post this thread

No

Also, I just used the item as soon as I got it; every new item I find is a surprise, and I have no idea what any of them are unless I already seen them. I got it last night, and used it immediately. It should be expired by now, or if not that, in just a few more house, since it is 24 hours total.
Elyk
(Jan 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM)3D Player 2010 Wrote: which makes it a spell that one effectively never wants to see.
yeah you need to hear it instead
Revolver Ocelot
Stick Around is definitely the most irritating spell, and it's really the only one I don't like at all. It tends to make me just leave a topic without contributing or continuing to read just because the effect is so disruptive.
You're pretty good.
Mario
I don't like Outta Sight
Elyk
(Jan 25, 2017 at 11:37 PM)Revolver Ocelot Wrote: Stick Around is definitely the most irritating spell, and it's really the only one I don't like at all. It tends to make me just leave a topic without contributing or continuing to read just because the effect is so disruptive.

I feel the same.
T-man
Yeah, Stick Around is really starting to piss me off too. @Spritanium is very much against further modifying it but I think something needs to be done.

It can be fixed in a few different ways depending on which aspect of the spell the community would like to see nerfed;

1. If functionality were to remain the same, the price needs a dramatic increase.

2. If we were to keep multiple scrolls before it breaks it shouldn't let you go very far before it drags you back. Like, it should drag you back as soon as the post is off screen rather than whenever you stop scrolling.

3. If we were to have it keep dragging you back regardless of how far you scroll it should break after only one drag back. Because it only takes once for you to be all, "Yeah, okay, I get it."

My choice would have to be option 2.
T-man
FUCKA YOU DRAKURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3D Player 2010
(Jan 26, 2017 at 1:34 AM)Pedigree Wrote: My one complaint about Stick Around is that it's caused so much salt that I don't feel like it belongs in the Sweet spell category, especially when you consider that it has led to people refusing to good shit posts with that spell cast upon them.

the Sweet Spell category has the distinction of the spells not becoming more expensive as more spells are cast on a given post.
Draku
(Jan 26, 2017 at 1:34 AM)Pedigree Wrote: My one complaint about Stick Around is that it's caused so much salt that I don't feel like it belongs in the Sweet spell category, especially when you consider that it has led to people refusing to good shit posts with that spell cast upon them.
i agreed with this until spritey clarified that the categories are entirely based around the recipient's experience and not anyone else
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Stick Around really has had a lot of compromises made and the latest one isn't even implemented yet

I'm not "very against" modifying it, I just don't see how it can be further modified without ruining it to the point where I'd rather just remove it Shrug
Spritanium
(Jan 26, 2017 at 1:49 AM)Draku Wrote:
i agreed with this until spritey clarified that the categories are entirely based around the recipient's experience and not anyone else
Apparently even people who receive it get pissed lmao. I love it but it really hasn't served its intended purpose. I guess spells that affect a whole page at once are a no-go, which is kind of a bummer.
Spritanium
It probably does, but pretty much the whole reason it exists is because we couldn't think of another sweet spell

Anyway you're supposed to have fun giving/receiving/witnessing any spell, so if it derails entire threads it's not working. The intention was always to get someone to click a button without thinking in order to keep scrolling (like a popup ad, a minor inconvenience that you just click away). If the ability to continue reading the thread isn't enticing enough to convince someone to take part in the spell, then the spell is probably fundamentally flawed and no amount of tweaking will make people any less annoyed with it
[Image: supercorrect.png]