Video games are art and if you disagree then you are wrong and will burn in hell dude

HylianDev
Believe it or fucking not, I was picked on more when I was in my skateboarding phase than I ever was after I started playing games a lot. By far.

It was the worst being a skateboarder who wore vans and shit but got made fun of in elementary school, then going to middle school and seeing the same kids wear not only vans, but also skinny jeans and hoodies made by skateboarding clothing brands. Some of them even carried around skateboards occasionally, which I strongly doubt they knew how to ride. It was so stupid.
Spritanium
Wow skateboarding was always cool in socal. Kids pick the most arbitrary bullshit to pick on each other for, jeez.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Yeah, in my neck of the woods skateboarding was the thing that got your prepubescent dick wet. Really strange to hear there's some bizarro land out there where you get picked on for it.
HylianDev
I think it was a mixture of them just not caring about skateboarding, plus me constantly talking about it. But truly none of them gave a fuck about skateboarding until I wasn't into it anymore.
HylianDev
Oh yeah I was a comic book nerd too and skateboarding was still the thing I got made fun of for most lmao
mit
i don't like how widespread games have become but only because of how lets plays have effectively sucked any and all intuition people have when playing

i draw the line when i'm playing mario sunshine with someone who claims to have played games their whole life and they have to stop and ask me what to do every 5 seconds because they weren't paying attention to the mission preview
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Spritanium
(Jan 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM)HylianDev Wrote: Oh yeah I was a comic book nerd too and skateboarding was still the thing I got made fun of for most lmao
In a childhood where Rocket Power existed this is really surprising to me
Elyk
I think we all agree here that video games are art, but is playing video games a sport?
Yrrzy
Apparently Chess is a Sport so yknow maybe ESports is Real Sports
Spritanium
(Jan 27, 2017 at 6:00 PM)Elyk Wrote: I think we all agree here that video games are art, but is playing video games a sport?
To me a sport has to involve physical exertion + a ball/puck/some object

That's probably not the real definition though
sealelement
I laughed pretty hard at the thread title. Are we posting terrible, preachy, out of touch gaming web comics? Because I have a classic:

[Image: dnd7xHf.jpg]
100% pure gamer 100%
Spritanium
Maybe comics like that would be necessary if the "video games cause violence" argument was actually taken seriously by anybody anymore
HylianDev
I actually liked that comic a lot despite the cringe. I kinda miss the days when you could openly agree with something slightly cringey if it was making a good point. Nowadays you're a lameo normie if you're saying anything other than "memes are trash" and making jokes about drinking bleach.
T-man
(Jan 27, 2017 at 6:06 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: Apparently Chess is a Sport so yknow maybe ESports is Real Sports
Chess isn't a sport and neither is video games

fight me
HylianDev
where is the punching react
friendly dictator!
what the fuck is a video game
[Image: zJgkrUE.png]
T-man
Video games are like movies where you press a button every once in a while
mit
if chess is considered a sport then i guess the closest video game equivalent would be mobas? i mean fighting games are obviously just wrestling/boxing/mma/etc and honestly i find them to usually be a better alternative since theyre usually more engaging and easy to follow
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Draku
(Jan 27, 2017 at 3:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Wow skateboarding was always cool in socal. Kids pick the most arbitrary bullshit to pick on each other for, jeez.
why do you think i said it wasn't actually related to whatever you were supposedly getting picked on for

it's related to your character, social status, and open weak points

(Jan 27, 2017 at 4:07 PM)HylianDev Wrote: I think it was a mixture of them just not caring about skateboarding, plus me constantly talking about it.
as can be seen here, he continuously ignored social cues to stop talking about a subject no one else cared for as well as opened up a soft spot (a subject he obviously liked) ripe for personally attacking him to retaliate for him not falling in line
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
draku pls no bully