Video games are art and if you disagree then you are wrong and will burn in hell dude

Revolver Ocelot
(Jan 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM)T-man Wrote: Chess isn't a sport

What about Chess Boxing
You're pretty good.
Beako
Man people in this thread are talking about getting bullied in school for liking video games but I had the opposite problem. I was severely bullied throughout school but whenever I brought my Gameboy Color the kids who were assholes to me would magically start acting nice and ask to play. The next day (or even as soon as I got my Gameboy back; come to think of it I'm surprised they even would give it back) they'd be fucking assholes to me again. And I fell for it every time.

[Image: 0y3jWB9.png]
Spritanium
The proper course of action would've been to repeatedly bash your gameboy over the alpha bully's head, thereby becoming the new leader of the cool kids
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Jan 28, 2017 at 7:12 PM)Spritanium Wrote: The proper course of action would've been to repeatedly bash your gameboy over the alpha bully's head, thereby becoming the new leader of the cool kids

There was this one kid I hung around that was always a little dick to me, then one day I slugged him in the stomach and from then on he respected me and we were friends
HylianDev

Tony Hawk had the same experience I did, but his was more extreme

For me it was more like hearing "wow you are OBSESSED with skateboarding" 5 times a day
Vertette
so when are you gonna become the Tony Hawk of the video game industry
HylianDev
as soon as tony hawk becomes the jonathan blow of skateboarding
T-man
ironically skateboarding wasn't cool before video games made it cool
Revolver Ocelot
It's no wonder

The Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series were games where you repeatedly told physics to fuck off in increasingly insane locations

And Tony Hawk's a real person if he can do it you can do it

I'm surprised Neversoft was Neversued for false advertisement, honestly
You're pretty good.
HylianDev
(Feb 1, 2017 at 3:48 AM)Revolver Ocelot Wrote: I'm surprised Neversoft was Neversued for false advertisement, honestly

Wow this is my favorite pun today
Nabber
late but

i absolutely love Roger ebert but man was he wrong in video games. i always wonder what he would think of the more artsy games out there if he played them

but also who cares what other people think
Vertette
Who cares about what Ebert thought, honestly.

You wouldn't ask film critics about their thoughts on video games similarly to how you wouldn't ask video game journalists about their thoughts on video games, they don't play them.
Fun With Despair
(Feb 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM)Vertette Wrote: Who cares about what Ebert thought, honestly.

You wouldn't ask film critics about their thoughts on video games similarly to how you wouldn't ask video game journalists about their thoughts on video games, they don't play them.
oh my fuck

Grin
Briraka
(Feb 5, 2017 at 8:03 AM)Nabber Wrote: i always wonder what he would think of the more artsy games out there if he played them

> plays heavy rain

> gets to the sex scene

> 3/4 stars

Two_Finger
wrong thread nice
Revolver Ocelot
Hey, let's give Roger Ebert some credit

He once made it to level two of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which enabled him to call bullshit on The Wizard

So he at least does his research
You're pretty good.
DrTapeworm
actually nerds is what disqualifies video games from being art
[Image: dinogunz.png]
sagg
There's a difference between interactive media (vid games) and art. Not all media can be qualified as art imo even though some video games do have a pleasing aesthetic I still can't consider them art.

(Feb 9, 2017 at 2:33 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: actually nerds is what disqualifies video games from being art

Also this
Spritanium
(Feb 9, 2017 at 5:25 AM)sagg Wrote: There's a difference between interactive media (vid games) and art
Says who
Spritanium
Pixar can tween some bouncy digital models for an hour and a half and everyone shits their pants over the art they've created, but as soon as you can control those bouncy digital models yourself in a realtime rendered environment, hold the fucking phone that's not artistic at all
[Image: supercorrect.png]