>the discord cabal wants to cripple the dupe feature because of the way i use it

Pedigree
Even that data is flawed Agastya, it's easy to react more to one person when they're more active than literally everyone else.
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:37 AM)A Giant Loser With Dumb Opinions Wrote: Other than the slurs and opposition to authority, excellent post Puddin.

(The joke is that I'm admitting my post was bad and over-the-top.)

(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:53 AM)Pedigree Wrote: My point is that you saying you would rather leave the forum than exist on a forum that created a bunch of rules because you refused to change a behavior until they made it a rule is silly. You leave no room for discussion you're just like "nope, fuck off".

I don't see what's silly about it, nor do I see what room for discussion there is. As far as I can tell, the two main complaints about my dupes is that they're disruptive and annoying.

I've never found ~disruptive~ or ~annoying~ to be convincing arguments. In fact, disruptive (in this context), annoying, and silly are all appeals to emotion, and I think we've known each other long enough for you to know that an appeal to emotion is not going to sway my opinion in an argument.
Pedigree
Clearly I'm not equipped with your vocabulary needs, good sir.

I'm not even trying to sway your opinion. Just letting you know I don't agree with your attitude or the tone of your post in this situation.
Two_Finger
personally I don't have a problem with the dupe shit I just don't think it's a problem for people to react this way
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:59 AM)Pedigree Wrote: it's easy to react more to one person when they're more active than literally everyone else.
Uguu!

(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:03 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: personally I don't have a problem with the dupe shit I just don't think it's a problem for people to react this way
They can react however they want; the reason I'm freaking out is because in the Discord people were discussing mandating limits to compensate for the way I used my dupes. If It was just "Puddin we don't like a thing you're doing," well, with people like @zelma around I'm kind of used to that. (Only pinging him because I think he said something about me talking behind his back last time I talked about him on the forum without pinging him.)
Pedigree
Well you can't really fault them for looking for a way to restrict it since you've demonstrated that you are not receptive to feedback whatsoever.
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:07 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Well you can't really fault them for looking for a way to restrict it since you've demonstrated that you are not receptive to feedback whatsoever.
I already tackled that point with:
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:49 AM)Puddin Wrote: This whole mentality of ~first we'll ask you nicely and if you don't comply we'll make it into a rule~ is ridiculous, by the way. If it's a matter of choice, then ask. If it's a matter of something that needs a new rule, then add a new rule. Don't pussyfoot around.
Anyway, I think the problem here is that we fundamentally disagree about this issue on an emotional level, which is something you yourself already tackled:
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:02 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I'm not even trying to sway your opinion. Just letting you know I don't agree with your attitude or the tone of your post in this situation.
So as far as I stand with you and/or anyone who is already firmly and unchangeably convinced that I'm incorrect in this argument, all I can say is that I'd like to agree to disagree.

As far as everyone else goes, I'm going to continue to stand up for myself and try to explain why I'm looking at this situation the way I'm looking at it.
Pedigree
I don't even disagree with your usage of dupes, but if we have to agree to disagree on your response then well Shrug
Agastya
also this isnt really ontopic but puddin your avatar reminds me of duke fishron in shape and color when im on the forum index and it makes me want to play terraria again
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pedigree
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:09 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:07 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Well you can't really fault them for looking for a way to restrict it since you've demonstrated that you are not receptive to feedback whatsoever.
I already tackled that point with:
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:49 AM)Puddin Wrote: This whole mentality of ~first we'll ask you nicely and if you don't comply we'll make it into a rule~ is ridiculous, by the way. If it's a matter of choice, then ask. If it's a matter of something that needs a new rule, then add a new rule. Don't pussyfoot around.
So when they do what you are literally suggesting here and just skip to making rules or placing restrictions on it, you make a thread to call them out on it, knowing full well that nothing anybody says is going to change your mind. IDGI tbh.
Beako
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:12 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I don't even disagree with your usage of dupes, but if we have to agree to disagree on your response then well Shrug

If I'm understanding correctly, you're fine with the way I use the dupes, but not fine with the way I'm being unreceptive to the feedback of others in the scenario. I understand that, and I still disagree, and I'd still like to agree to disagree.

(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:13 AM)Agastya Wrote: also this isnt really ontopic but puddin your avatar reminds me of duke fishron in shape and color when im on the forum index and it makes me want to play terraria again
Oh God I don't even know what duke fishron is. Is that going to be the new Kritter? Terror
Pedigree
Noted? Shrug
Yrrzy
puddins roleplay dupes are fine its all the strawman ones that are irritating
Yoshin
(Feb 10, 2017 at 6:13 AM)Agastya Wrote: also this isnt really ontopic but puddin your avatar reminds me of duke fishron in shape and color when im on the forum index and it makes me want to play terraria again

MW terraria server when?
Agastya
(Feb 10, 2017 at 11:41 AM)Yoshin Wrote:

MW terraria server when?

expert crimson or bust
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Sprjtanium
We're working on a new spell, Freeze Peach

It makes it so that Puddin permanently loses duping privileges

It costs -1000 EX
Spritanium
(Feb 10, 2017 at 5:49 AM)Agastya Wrote: idgi

if you want to roleplay with yourself then who fucking cares you're having a good time online on our message board that is also a game

i guarantee you that nobody would have batted an eye at somebody else doing the same thing

Thread didn't need to continue past this point

Puddin can post whatever he wants as long as he isn't breaking any rules

As for "shaming into submission" that's kind of just how a community works, if everyone thinks you're being annoying and lets you know it then you're inclined to tone it down. This isn't oppression

Also we all need to keep in mind that every time we add a new feature people initially overuse it. Right now everyone is just excited, I'm sure we'll see some real high-quality joke accounts once the novelty dies down
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Sprjtanium
As of right now I'm locking this thread. It's gone on too long

Oh and I was wrong. Puddin is breaking a lot of rules. Guess we gotta ban him

But I'm on mobile, so somebody else needs to do it
Reactionary
(Feb 10, 2017 at 4:10 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm sure we'll see some real high-quality joke accounts
[Image: xgtF8X1.png]
Spritanium
(Feb 10, 2017 at 4:30 PM)Sprjtanium Wrote: As of right now I'm locking this thread. It's gone on too long

Oh and I was wrong. Puddin is breaking a lot of rules. Guess we gotta ban him

But I'm on mobile, so somebody else needs to do it
I don't even have the ability to lock threads

2/10 parody try harder next time
[Image: supercorrect.png]