i can’t believe i did this: Ar Tonelico Qoga: The Knight of Ar Ciel

GRIMglamfire
some people maybe wonder why there is a "Glam Grimfire" (pronouns: they/her) and a Grim Glamfire (him) on this forum
its because i want some people to still be able to respect at least some facet of my personality after i prostrate myself on the slab of jrpg communion in sacrifice. my body is a temple and i will defile it every chance i get
[Image: 887922bcff0ec18db072db8bef0519592d151dde.jpg]
who cares about the boxart: here it is anyway: volume 1

here is a description of this game, that i bought with real money that i actually have to go to work to earn that is associated with things like paying my bills and having food. to bring you this, i chose to not eat for a day:

During the game, Aoto, the protagonist, can dive into the 'Cosmospheres' of certain Reyvateils to craft Song Magic, which is done by witnessing their internal turmoils and traumas, and helping them to find a solution for them. Various personae exist within the Cosmosphere, and the player can choose to have the Reyvateil fight in their clothing. Because the personae who wear these costumes have differing preferences in 'Song Magic', the costume will influence the RAH. system.[3] Diving additionally deepens the bond between the Reyvateil and the protagonist.[3] However, unlike the previous games, the player can only gain Hyumas in the Cosmosphere because the Song Magic used by each Reyvateil and their persona is preset and unmodifiable.
[Image: 23dc1c0b22bf6d01f2668d8fef0f8c0d67491da4_1_690x388.jpg]https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazon...90x388.jpg
this is the start of something new and something probably not very amazing. what i thought was a journey to discover if there were truly worthwhile videogames still, instead, i have ended up waist deep in the trash

ss-014.jpg1280x720 302 KB
i'm going to play this for u all, welcome back
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Two_Finger
I'm sad to say I like this series
second was best
Zae Eildus
ah this game, wasnt very impressed with it. Wasnt too big of a fan of 2 either especially with its wonky translation but it had some good moments and the first game was really interesting to say the least. From what ive played of the series its not too bad, but it has some problems.
Two_Finger
(Feb 13, 2017 at 11:28 AM)Zae Eildus Wrote: ah this game, wasnt very impressed with it. Wasnt too big of a fan of 2 either especially with its wonky translation but it had some good moments and the first game was really interesting to say the least. From what ive played of the series its not too bad, but it has some problems.

I suggest you try Ar nosurge as well, if you haven't. Same universe.
it's not really exempt from the problems the series has but it doesn't go the same direction 3 did.
Zae Eildus
(Feb 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM)Two_Finger Wrote:
(Feb 13, 2017 at 11:28 AM)Zae Eildus Wrote: ah this game, wasnt very impressed with it. Wasnt too big of a fan of 2 either especially with its wonky translation but it had some good moments and the first game was really interesting to say the least. From what ive played of the series its not too bad, but it has some problems.

I suggest you try Ar nosurge as well, if you haven't. Same universe.
it's not really exempt from the problems the series has but it doesn't go the same direction 3 did.

yeah sure i can try it, maybe it will be good, dunno if they can build up a good character like misha though.
Two_Finger
came here to scream
GRIMglamfire
this fuckin big ol baby is back, and here to cry about videogames
Aidan
i almost bought this game because i thought it would be like tales of graces
ty jesus for protecting me
Mario
damn I forgot about Our Tony Lico
GRIMglamfire
(Jun 29, 2017 at 5:03 PM)Aidan Wrote: i almost bought this game because i thought it would be like tales of graces
ty jesus for protecting me

all jrpgs are bad