nobody likes gen 4 from pokemon but why

Zae Eildus
wasnt it to counter psychic types too, and i dont think steel types were in decent quanities in gen 2 as well. Then again neither was dark, so who knows.
Beako
(Feb 21, 2017 at 6:57 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Feb 20, 2017 at 5:25 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Feb 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM)zelma Wrote: nobody likes gen 4 from pokemon but why

[Image: bmYPgEu.gif]

As soon as I saw this thing I realized I was too old for Pokémon.
I really don't get it

Looks barely different from earlier Pokemon, I would've believed it was from gen2 if not for my encyclopaedic knowledge of the first three gens
I said it made me realize I was too old for Pokémon not that first gen had good designs. It's so dumb looking and the cry it makes makes me want to shove a cactus up my anus.
Pedigree
what do you have against weasels
T-man
(Feb 21, 2017 at 7:02 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If anything the newer designs are superior. Gen 1 is made up of 90% easy animal cartoons. Gen 2 is a huge improvement over the first one and I'd argue the designs have continued to become more creative and refined since then.
I think the biggest problem with new Pokemon designs is that they're jarring next to old Pokemon. Old Pokemon are much more realistic (in a sense), while new Pokemon are much more round and cartoony. The difference is well illustrated by this picture that gets passed around a lot when discussing this very topic.

[Image: 1472762151687.png]
Spritanium
Interesting image but those are just different design styles. There are plenty of smooth Pokemon in gen1 too. Also both of those Pokemon look better the way they are officially drawn
[Image: supercorrect.png]
sealelement
gen 4 had carnivine and hes pretty darn cool so idk its not all that bad. i think ppl dont like gen 4 because diamond and pearl were so slow and laggy; it did improve later on but the damage was done already
100% pure gamer 100%
Beako
(Feb 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: what do you have against weasels

The water floaty thing it wears enrages me for some reason. Not sure why.
Fun With Despair
(Feb 22, 2017 at 12:59 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Interesting image but those are just different design styles. There are plenty of smooth Pokemon in gen1 too. Also both of those Pokemon look better the way they are officially drawn
I actually heavily prefer the Crabrawler on the right to the actual artwork. I feel like Pokemon these days is suffering kind of a huge style clash between the first two or three gens and the newer designs.

It feels super unnatural when you put a Scyther next to half the designs from XY and up.

Shout out to my boy Golisopod though for being straight outta gen 1
Draku
(Feb 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I actually heavily prefer the Crabrawler on the right to the actual artwork. I feel like Pokemon these days is suffering kind of a huge style clash between the first two or three gens and the newer designs.
that is what happens when your main artist gets a gigantic style shift and then is somewhat invalidated as a series goes on over the years
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
(Feb 24, 2017 at 8:05 AM)Puddin Wrote:
(Feb 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: what do you have against weasels

The water floaty thing it wears enrages me for some reason. Not sure why.

idk aren't there some animals that do have sacks they inflate to aid in swimming? It seems like it could be a thing.
Spritanium
[Image: D1zgCen.jpg]
T-man
It used to be the exception rather than the rule tho
Spritanium
That's fair enough but I still don't think old and new Pokemon clash that badly, at least nowhere near as bad as I'd expect from designs two decades apart
Zae Eildus
honestly i dont really see it and even if it did it wont stop me from enjoying lots of pokemon each generation.
Beako
(Feb 24, 2017 at 8:47 PM)Spritanium Wrote: [Image: D1zgCen.jpg]

Gen 1 had equally stupid designs to all the later gens. That's why I said I thought I was too old for Pokémon, not that the newer gens suck. I'm fucking around anyway. I don't think I'm too old for Pokémon... I just lost interest.
🍆 Lover
all i can say is that if you don't want to fuck salazzle, get the f*ck out of my friends list
[Image: diwiue.png]

still a cuck tho
Gen 1 designs being more "realistic" is a stupid meme. Just from pic above there's a glob of pink cum with a smilety face, a weird ass psuedo kirby with a spiral, a literal angry pokeball...it's nostalgia.

I will agree that later designs look stupid to me personally(even gen 5 which I do like a lot), but let's not put gen1 on a pedestal just because it's part of the "only 90s kids will remember this" cliche
good to see the thread was a controversial subject as expected by the master. seems like gen 4 gets a lot more luv then hate. when those remakes drop im buying 20 copies peace out
Spritanium
How long until red and blue are remade in VR
sealelement
don't hate on poliwhirl he's great
100% pure gamer 100%