T-man
[Image: 180.jpg]

im so glad the art style was made cute
Tenebrae
Yeah Pearl's and Steven's designs are probably best examples of changing for the better.

I hated Pearl's nonsensical pink tutu frill on her old design.
T-man
[Image: BoLSgGq.gif]

new HALF HOUR episode tonight @ 7:30 then hiatus until ∞
Beako
Awesome.
T-man
[Image: tumblr_inline_ogtgtnYAn21rljwkn_540.png]
Beako
Finally got around to watching it. Good episode.
ProtoTroid-13
Man I love this show. Its always so thoughtful and optimistic.
T-man
new episode of steven universe on december 1st

watch it at 7:30 on cartoon network or download it from /sug/ three hours earlier.
Fun With Despair
i can't enjoy this show

people always tell me it's good but i don't think a fictional character has aggravated me as much as steven has since like scrappy doo
ProtoTroid-13
(Nov 29, 2016 at 5:13 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: i can't enjoy this show

people always tell me it's good but i don't think a fictional character has aggravated me as much as steven has since like scrappy doo
That's fine. I didn't really enjoy the show within the first couple of episodes. Personally, Steven gets better and less annoying than he is at the start. But that's fine if you don't want to watch it. I know a guy who didn't watch Wander Over Yonder because he couldn't stand the main character's voice (though otherwise was fine with the show itself).

Though, just out of curiosity, why does Steven aggravate you, exactly? I mean, he can be pretty annoying early on, as a lot of kid characters tend to be, so that I can understand.
T-man
Speaking as someone who initially didn't like the show, Steven's ignorance and incompetence is incredibly grating early on. Thankfully, he matures throughout the show as he learns more about his mother, the Crystal Gems, and the situation they're in. Once the show found it's footing I was able to appreciate the early episodes retrospectively.

Also I'm really fucking glad we haven't seen a townie in what feels like forever. For as interesting and lovable as the alien rocks are, the townies are equally uninteresting and unlikeable.
DrTapeworm
when is that mustached bald guy with the eyepatch gonna get his own episode
[Image: dinogunz.png]
T-man
(Nov 29, 2016 at 8:43 PM)DrTapeworm Wrote: when is that mustached bald guy with the eyepatch gonna get his own episode

he's actually bald diamond and the patch covers his gem
DrTapeworm
what's the most piratey-sounding rock name
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Mario
you mean suitcase sam (owner of suitcase sam's)?
Beako
(Nov 29, 2016 at 5:13 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: i can't enjoy this show

Garnet and Pearl and Peridot being amazing balances out Steven and Amethyst being terrible.

major spoilers from late in the show:
T-man
(Dec 2, 2016 at 2:31 AM)Puddin Wrote:
major spoilers from late in the show:
Ew, no.
Beako
IDK why I'm the only person who likes Smoky Quartz or why one of my favorite gems is a fusion of my two least favorite characters. Welp

Also Pearl is very underrated.
Yrrzy
stevonnie is better than smokey quartz
Beako
Stevonnie is okay but kind of... well not completely perfect but too perfect and adored by everyone for me to find relatable or interesting. Stevonnie is pretty cool but I prefer Smoky Quartz.

Despite me spouting nothing but negativity about Steven and Amethyst wherever I discuss them, in actuality I don't feel that they're that terrible as far as cartoon characters go.

One of my favorite characters in King of the Hill is Bobby, and Steven's personality can be similar at times. (Come to think of it, Steven and Bobby both have girlfriends named Connie. Welp I wonder if Rebecca Sugar drew inspiration from Bobby Hill when she created Steven. :thinking:) As for Amethyst, her backstory and character development have helped.