Yoshin
Rapidkirby3k

As you can see, I love underrated remixes. Wink
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Two_Finger
youtube recommended this to me out of nowhere one day
I'm glad it did
^^^^^^^^^^
That and a whole bunch of other awesome jazz albums are saved in my playlist on youtube; all because of recommendations from youtube, glad this happened to someone else

anyway, Utada Hikaru's new album. Really great shit; especially since J-pop just straight up isn't that good anymore; she gives me hope for the industry.
Roxxorz Your Boxxorz

This whole album bristles with just this weird energy that fascinates me. It also has a good 'arc' I think
Yrrzy

and
Yoshin

Buckethead is my favourite guitarist
Rapidkirby3k
Shiryu's Outer Haven Live Sets:

Enjoy! Cool
Yrrzy

kaZaam
Rapidkirby3k
Demoscene music time!

Interactive - Dance Trance
Interactive - Dance Trance 2
Quartz - 24 Hour E Fix
CHESHIRE ☯

Also, this concert was pure fan service, but honestly it was REALLY good. It's really cool to see Soken and Koji doing these tracks live.
Rotten Jack
geno7
(Oct 3, 2016 at 9:02 PM)Yrr Wrote:
Got linked to this recently, it got rly stuck in my head.
Personal faves are these two

what the fuck is this

idk if i like it or hate it but ive definitely never heard anything like it before in my life and thats a feeling in itself that i always enjoy, the feeling of feeling like ive never heard anything like something before in my life

EDIT: well maybe Mindless Self Indulgence the more i think about it, but even then
geno7

also i know halloween is technically over by now but i just wanted to gush real quick

the mars volta is a band that i dont think a whole lot of people think of as a halloween band but the more i think about it the more i think they work particularly well as one. they’re not halloween-y in the “ooh spooky ghosts and goblins” way, they’re more halloween-y in that they’re just so fucked up and dark and surreal. they’re like if david lynch started a prog rock band

theyre known pretty well for lyrics that not only sporadically switch between english and spanish for no real reason but also are just so fucking weird and crazy and whether any of them are actually supposed to be taken literally or not they create really interesting surreal horrific pictures in your head.

the above song is from their album Frances the Mute by the way, which i think is not only their best album but one of my favorite albums of all time by far. first of all the shortest track on the album is 6 minutes, and the longest track is fucking 32 minutes. if thats not prog rock idk what is

but more interesting is that the album is actually a concept album, the lyrics tell a story that’s as hard to decipher as it is fucked up and crazy. what fans have managed to work out is something along the lines of it being about a girl who was raped in a church and the product of the rape is aborted but the abortion survives and grows up to be a male prostitute who follows the trail to find out who his mother is and kill all of the priests who raped her. he ends up finding his aunt and grandmother and developing some sort of female alternate personality who influences him to go on an insane killing spree and murdering and/or raping 25 priests before finding out that the entire thing was fabricated in his mind and that his whole family were more of his own alternate personalities and then he dies of AIDS from raping all the priests

so yeah its fucking crazy. but on top of that the music is really good and the band are all genuinely talented musicians. weirdly enough for almost the entire album none of the musicians were even in the same room, the band’s composer had them play all their parts separately with a metronome and then edited them all together. i dunno. its crazy. when i first heard the band i was blown away, id never heard anything like it before.

so yeah happy halloween everyone
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Yrrzy
(Nov 2, 2016 at 2:18 AM)Greeno Wrote: what the fuck is this

idk if i like it or hate it but ive definitely never heard anything like it before in my life and thats a feeling in itself that i always enjoy, the feeling of feeling like ive never heard anything like something before in my life

EDIT: well maybe Mindless Self Indulgence the more i think about it, but even then
I have a thing for music that's hard to listen to but still sounds good enough that I wanna listen. Same deal w/ like Amon Tobin and Death Grips for some wildly different genre examples.
Rapidkirby3k
Yrrzy