Why you SHOULDN'T Good Sh*t every post, and why they should NEVER give the clicker EX

Fun With Despair
I enjoy the Good Sh*t system, and I'm sure a lot of you fuckboys do too. It's kind of a silly, goofy way of saying "Hey, I liked that post." Whether it's a silly shitpost, original content, a thoughtful discussion, or anything else, if you enjoy a post, that's what the button is for. To reward the poster for something they created and you enjoyed.

There's all these threads and stuff, specifically by Spritey, talking about how the Good Sh*t button isn't getting much use, but why should there be some kind of reward for the person clicking it? If the viewer didn't find the post good enough for that reward, then it shouldn't be an issue and everyone should just go about their day.

Ever since the EX log was patched in, one of my favorite things to do is go back and look at my posts whenever my EX goes up to see which posts people thought were funny or interesting. I'm also sure a lot of other people do that too, and in that regard, the button is a great way to give feedback on the kind of posts and content people enjoy seeing.

When the Good Sh*t button gives a reward for clicking it, it loses literally all that purpose. When you get a Good Sh*t under those conditions, was your post REALLY good shit at all? Or did someone just feel like getting some free EX?

You'll never know, and that sucks ass. If everyone just gave everything a Good Sh*t, how can ANYONE know what's good at all? If everyone clicks the button because of a fucking prize they get, is anyone really clicking it for the right reasons?

>But it used to do that originally and no one did it back then!

That's back when everything cost more, and it took like thousands of EX to level up, compared to the 100 it does now. 1 EX back then does not equal 1 EX now. A dollar is a much more motivating offer than a penny.

>But the joke is that it's meaningless! Good Shit is an oxymoron!!!! It's a joke!!!!!!

Yeah no, sorry pal. Maybe I'd think that way if people I knew hadn't used the term good shit to talk about things they liked since I was like 14. SHITTY excuse to make the button worthless.

Anyway that's pretty much it. Move it to the meta forum if you want I don't give a fuck
Draku
this
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Mar 26, 2017 at 2:50 AM)Puddin Wrote: How about giving Ex to people who give/recieve reactions but not to people who give Good Sh*ts? That way someone could No a post and be, for example, rewarded 2 Ex, which would cancel out the sin of giving the No-victim 1 Ex.
I still don't like this idea too much but I think EX for reacts is a better idea than for good shits

at least with a react you are forced to comment on the post SOMEHOW beyond lying about it being good.
Pedigree
If people aren't goodshitting your posts, post better.
Fun With Despair
(Mar 26, 2017 at 7:28 PM)Pedigree Wrote: If people aren't goodshitting your posts, post better.
Spritey deleted his thread when I said this.
Pedigree
(Mar 26, 2017 at 7:56 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Mar 26, 2017 at 7:28 PM)Pedigree Wrote: If people aren't goodshitting your posts, post better.
Spritey deleted his thread when I said this.

oh???
Fun With Despair
he made a thread proposing rewarding clickers because of a good shit deficit and I told him there wasn't one and if he noticed he wasn't getting many he should post better

didn't go so well