kaZaam
vr sounds neat til you realize it's gonna come w/ ads
kaZaam
& i'd prefer transhumanism to life extension. the people alr on it def arent happy about it i dont think
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
HOLY FUCKING LMAO IS THAT REAL
kaZaam
that guy's my fuckn hero either way
T-man

>nintendo finally released a pokemon mmo

Spritanium
(Jul 19, 2016 at 4:21 AM)Kazaam Wrote: & i'd prefer transhumanism to life extension. the people alr on it def arent happy about it i dont think

Oh for sure. The human body sucks (as does everything else created via evolution, since evolution by definition only allows things to be juuust good enough to not die)

I mean it's amazing and a miracle and everything but it still sucks in plenty of ways

The cool thing about life extension is that we can stay alive longer and longer as the tech gets better. If when I'm 60 I can extend my life 20 years, then when I'm 100 I can extend it 50 years, etc etc

Then eventually we can be human machines and nobody ever has to have the slightest problem with their appearance, or make any sort of compromise. I can understand why that would scare some people but it just seems like a natural progression to me. We evolved far enough to see evolution's faults, so now we can improve on them
Spritanium
(Jul 19, 2016 at 4:28 AM)wtl Wrote:

No way is that real but it's now my favorite video ever
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
ehhhhhh if the end-all for the law of universal living form really is "just good enough to not die" then i think living form at all and esp self-awareness would be out of the question. i'm no scintist but i cant say i buy that 100%. i think the cogs in this machine are more helpful than we think. mayb.
kaZaam
ya its too funny to b real but i want it to b
Spritanium
Yeah it's definitely an exaggeration, it's just frustrating that nothing is ever "done" evolving and we happen to be stuck at this arbitrary point in the timeline
kaZaam
like people praise ebolution for giving us everything except self-awareness and the discontentment that comes w that fsr. like this is the shit that enabled us to make technology at all

not sure if any point is any more or less arbitrary than any other. the tao is unknowable etc
Spritanium
Any point is equally arbitrary but some are definitely cooler
kaZaam
lmao that's some timewave zero shit