T-man

Anyone else like this show? It started off pretty rocky, but it turned out to be a pretty engaging show. It's not the funniest show I've ever seen, but there are a lot of great visual gags and compelling character drama. The season 2 finale was excellent so I'm looking forward to season 3.
Spritanium
Love this show, I actually think it's hilarious. The jokes are rarely "in your face" as much as the existential/depressing stuff is, but the absurdity of the whole setup just sets up so many awesome character interactions
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Jul 9, 2016 at 7:24 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Love this show, I actually think it's hilarious. The jokes are rarely "in your face" as much as the existential/depressing stuff is, but the absurdity of the whole setup just sets up so many awesome character interactions

[Image: BoJack-204-Birthday-Sign.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Yrrzy
i really enjoyed this show but it was SUPER depressing
T-man
(Jul 12, 2016 at 12:54 PM)Yrr Wrote: i really enjoyed this show but it was SUPER depressing

That's what I'm here for
Spritanium
I don't think it was depressing. It's more realistic about the actual affliction of depression, but it's really hopeful and gives you a lot to think about. Also the fact that it's a cartoon helps the viewer to distance themselves a bit
Spritanium
I think my favorite part about this show is the fact that bestiality is just glossed over. It's hilarious. I can't think of many other shows that have both anthropomorphized animals AND humans, much less mingling together. It's so fucking ludicrous in the best way
T-man
I find to be the depressing elements to far and away be the best aspects of the show. To me, a lot of their more explicit attempts at comedy fall a bit flat. The only gag that got a real belly laugh out of me was when Todd is in the prison lunch line and meets a fellow inmate who comforts him and takes him under his wing only to be promptly and violently murdered by another inmate. It really caught me off-guard. Beyond that I find the show to be more clever than it is hilarious.
T-man
[Image: zXy1nma.jpg]

Pretty decent season overall, but it just didn't hit the highs of Season 2.

I'm also not as satisfied with the ending as I was with the first two seasons.
Spritanium
That underwater episode though

Talk about surreal
T-man
That was a really beautiful episode, having it be silent was an interesting direction to take.
Shroomguy
The show is pretty funny at times, but I agree on the end that it can be kinda depressing.
The Beef Baron
Yrrzy
watched season 3 the other day, end was less impactful than the previous ones but still really enjoyed it