Spritanium
Season 3 premiers tonight!

Does anyone else watch this show? I find it to be just as powerful as Breaking Bad but in a different way. I really appreciate how slowly the story moves because it manages to never feel boring or superfluous. Also in this season we get to see Gus Fring again, which is always a treat.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pib
this show is some great sh*t, probably going to have a watch party tonight
this post brought to you by pib
T-man
I watch it when it comes on Netflix, so I just finished season 2. Definitely a really good show that recaptures the feeling of watching Breaking Bad but without trampling on conclusion of the original series.
Dude
i love how chuck is right about most things but i still hate him
Kabuto
i love it, bob odenkirk is one of my fave actors so its really nice getting to see him this much
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
T-man
(Apr 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM)Dude Wrote: i love how chuck is right about most things but i still hate him

a recurring theme it would seem

[Image: ta8qzskh8l4l7jl1k2yf.jpg]

atleast with chuck people won't call you a misogynist for not liking him

[Image: EI9SaBt.png]

i'm sorry that bryan cranston delivered such a spellbinding performance as walter white that i wanted to see him succeed despite his moral and ethical failings
Kabuto
it always bothered me that that criticism was levied. I'm sure there are plenty of shitty people who did dislike skyler simply for being a woman but to frame it as a majority of criticism is unfounded and also she's a huge bitch so,
Pib
skyler only looks like a bitch until the end when you start to sympathize with walter less and realize she's right and reacting the way any normal person would in that situation
this post brought to you by pib
Kabuto
wel lthat's also true but
wah
Spritanium
I always thought Walt was so clever that he deserved to succeed even though he's an asshole to almost everybody
T-man
It was much easier to sympathize with Sklyer on my second viewing as I wasn't as engrossed in Walt's journey having known how it was going to end, but that first time I wanted Walt to conquer the world and Skyler kept getting in his way in very mundane and annoying ways.
Pedigree
All I remember about Skyler is that she was squandering what little time they assumed they had left nagging the fuck out of the guy while he's just trying to leave a good life for his family if and when he passed.
Spritanium
Everything Skyler does is completely reasonable (except giving Ted Beneke $600k to pay the IRS - I'm sure a darker solution would've worked better for that dickhead)

The whole "leave a good life for my family" thing is just an excuse, Walt really just wants to reclaim his bruised ego and be the best at something. He starts out for his family's sake, sure, but he has plenty of opportunities to quit and he never takes them. Even Walt thought his motivations were unselfish until the second he saw just how much money he made (more than he could spend in 10 lifetimes), at which point he finally decided to quit.

Skyler was powerless to stop Walt (who is really just a bad guy, even if you root for him) because she didn't want their family to be torn apart. Breaking Bad seasons 4-5 are full of great bedroom shots where Walt is just this ominous shadow looming over a terrified Skyler, and that pretty much sums up how she feels. People just hate her because she's the voice of reason. "Killing is bad", "drugs are bad", blah blah blah. Killing and drugs are fun to watch, ergo Skyler must be a bitch.

It's the same with Chuck; I'm really confused why so many people hate him when it's clearly the point of his character to be uncharismatic while 100% correct. The irony is that Jimmy probably could've succeeded if Chuck hadn't tried to hard to keep him down.
Spritanium
(Apr 11, 2017 at 1:55 AM)T-man Wrote: It was much easier to sympathize with Sklyer on my second viewing as I wasn't as engrossed in Walt's journey having known how it was going to end, but that first time I wanted Walt to conquer the world and Skyler kept getting in his way in very mundane and annoying ways.
I still want to see an alternate reality where Hank never takes a shit and everyone lives happily ever after
Spritanium
WOW, talk about a slow burn. This is a little underwhelming as a season premiere but it's building up to something great.

Spoiler:
Spritanium
hey this shows good
T-man
(Oct 9, 2018 at 3:59 AM)Spritanium Wrote: hey this shows good

Chicanery made me hard
Spritanium
He defecated through a sunroof
Spritanium
Does anyone keep up with this show because holy shit???

Spoiler:
Aidan
i am watching but i'm only at the part where jimmy switches to full time commercial making so i can't read any of the posts in this thread