Poll: Should bans apply to the Forum, Discord, or both?

Forum ban=Discord ban as well, Discord Ban=Discord ban only
52.63%
Forum ban=Discord ban as well, Discord ban=Forum ban as well
31.58%
Forum and Discord bans should be entirely separate
15.79%
Total: 19 vote(s)
Draku
My current stance is that Discord bans should apply only to the Discord, whereas Forum bans should apply to both the Forum and the Discord. The idea behind this is that Discord is likely to get more heated as it's a more personal environment and someone getting banned is more likely and may not reflect how they are on the actual forums. Forum bans on the other hand MUST take effect on the Discord to prevent someone who just got Forum banned from rushing into the Discord to continue their shit.

What does everyone else think?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
100% agree
Pedigree
Case by case. In the specific case that someone is so disruptive that them and the community need a break, dual ban.
Pedigree
I don't really feel like this poll is relevant to the specific situation we're talking about where literally Anon has stated on an almost daily basis that everyone is bullying/targeting him. Not to mention HE HAS ABSOLUTELY talked about Discord shit on the forum. Banning him from one and not the other will literally solve nothing.
Goddamnit; I'm trying to take a break from this place stop having revelations.

Anyway; I agree that discord is a different environment and things get heated quickly so a Discord ban should stay a discord ban UNLESS it carries on to the board(toxic behavior, flaming, the like).

With a certain member in particular though, I think both would be beneficial for a short/medium period of time as it's been a constant back and forth with him/her and everyone(including people who actually want to help); I don't need to expand on that further, just my thoughts.
Draku
(Apr 15, 2017 at 8:11 PM)zelma Wrote: Anyway; I agree that discord is a different environment and things get heated quickly so a Discord ban should stay a discord ban UNLESS it carries on to the board(toxic behavior, flaming, the like).
i agree with this stance, i probably should have added the clarification that i did on discord where if someone was banned on the discord they would essentially be On Thin Ice on the forum and get banned from it as well if they continued to break rules
Pedigree
Equal treatment doesn't work when we're talking about different levels of severity.
Draku
(Apr 15, 2017 at 8:12 PM)Puddin Wrote: I don't agree with making it case by case; we all should have equal treatment when it comes down to actually laying down the hammer. I understand implementation of rules is sometimes case by case but shaking up the system and giving special case scenarios to implementation of bans seems like a bad idea to me.
Yeah I agree which is why I made this broad rather than as a thread related to the current situation only.

(Apr 15, 2017 at 8:12 PM)Puddin Wrote: Also, if the 2nd option wins, will it be applied retroactively to where in light of the new rule people will be able to hunt for naughty things other users said in the Discord logs and get them banned from the forum? I don't think anyone would do this but I don't like the idea of leaving people open to do that.
no, that shit won't fly. in the same vein that i do not wish to necroban people for reporting months old threads, discord logs older than like, a week or so would basically be out of the question as well given differing scope.
Beako
The results are pretty much settled. Third was my favorite but it looks like the first one won, and the first one is pretty fair.

Say, when's my Discord tempban up? I was banned over a week ago. Also IMO Dsicord bans should be posted in the ban thread on the forums
Draku
(Apr 26, 2017 at 4:43 AM)Beako Wrote: Say, when's my Discord tempban up? I was banned over a week ago. Also IMO Dsicord bans should be posted in the ban thread on the forums
it was only meant to last for a week but you left the server

so you can come back in any time you want

also good point i should do that next time.