YouTubers 'Just a Prank Bro's Their Kids; Ends Up Being Child Abuse

T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Nobody understands​ the point I'm making lol

In 30 days max everybody will forget about these people forever

Do whatever you want to them, I don't​ care and I'm certainly not butthurt about it

I don't understand why this even matters at all.
Pedigree
(Apr 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Nobody understands​ the point I'm making lol

What is there to understand? You're implying people shouldn't give a fuck if someone is doing something terrible just because they're not going to dedicate the rest of their life to putting em down or something. Implying that the issue here isn't worthy of the time because the clock keeps moving forward.

Idk it's a weird point to make tbh.
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM)Pedigree Wrote:

What is there to understand? You're implying people shouldn't give a fuck if someone is doing something terrible just because they're not going to dedicate the rest of their life to putting em down or something. Implying that the issue here isn't worthy of the time because the clock keeps moving forward.

Idk it's a weird point to make tbh.
Yeah, the thread about YouTubers profiting off the abuse of their children was a really weird thread to make a point about virtue signalling in. Spritey even compared it to Harambe lmao.

There are times where people make mountains out of mole hills for the sake of acting virtuous but this really wasn't one of those times.
Spritanium
(Apr 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM)Pedigree Wrote: What is there to understand? You're implying people shouldn't give a fuck if someone is doing something terrible just because they're not going to dedicate the rest of their life to putting em down or something.
No I'm saying that if you're going to give a fuck about it when it's convenient (i.e. an exploitable story has been neatly packaged for consumption), you should give a fuck about it happening literally all the time in every country around the world. Instead viewers across the internet will top off their morality meters by ruining these peoples' lives. I'm not saying you guys are doing that, just that it's generally what happens whenever a story like this shows up. It's just interesting to me that everyone who sees this is all "this is evil", "this must be stopped", etc even though none of us have had a single discussion about child abuse before today. That's not necessarily bad, it's just that your outrage is controlled by what a media outlet says you should be mad at, which could be potentially concerning

I mean remember that girl who was gangraped on facebook live a couple of weeks ago? Everyone was outraged at the time and now we've all gotten over it. But it's not like that incident brought anything to our attention. We know rape happens all the goddamn time and none of us are doing anything to stop it; we're just saying "THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN" whenever it happens. This frame of mind applies to pretty much anything: school shootings, income inequality, and a stupid gorilla being shot. We get to have a Big Heart from the comfort of our own home, so we do it until something else captures our attention. We need to spend more time feeling like we're not doing enough, so maybe someone actually decides to do something

Granted I am thinking way bigger than the subject of this thread. I'm not giving you guys shit for being mad at this event. I just can't be the only one who sees this pattern over and over again.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
in this case when the parents' livelihood depends upon exploiting their children for views, then I think they deserve to have their lives turned upside down

if it were up to me, family services would come down on them so fast and they'd be imprisoned for the emotional abuse
Spritanium
My head is in a totally different place than your guys' regarding this, so it's not really worth discussing my opinion on it; I'm just detached from this kind of abuse so to me it just seems like a symptom of a larger problem
T-man
Jesus fucking Christ Spritey

I think your point of view is incredibly misguided.

Quote:I'm saying that if you're going to give a fuck about it when it's convenient (i.e. an exploitable story has been neatly packaged for consumption), you should give a fuck about it happening literally all the time in every country around the world.

This all or nothing mentality liberals have as of late needs to fuck off and soon.
Spritanium
(Apr 21, 2017 at 12:59 AM)Pedigree Wrote: in this case when the parents' livelihood depends upon exploiting their children for views, then I think they deserve to have their lives turned upside down

if it were up to me, family services would come down on them so fast and they'd be imprisoned for the emotional abuse
I'm not saying they don't deserve what's coming to them, just that it's frustrating that ONLY the people we're exposed to via social media will ever be dealt any justice, and people will be fine with that even though it's just a drop in the bucket
Pedigree
People can only go after people in situations they become aware of, though. Otherwise we'd be performing "moral" witch hunts.
Spritanium
I didn't say all or nothing. Refusing to advocate for the safety of these kids just because it wouldn't help any other children would be retarded. It's just the disproportionate amount of care that bothers me. Once these peoples' lives are ruined nobody's going to start up a fund or some shit to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately not every abused child is lucky enough to have stupid parents who film it for the world to see.

I don't really get what you're mad at me for, though. I'm not discounting the severity of the situation at all. It's just that if the sudden torrent of people raging about this family would direct their attention toward the issue of child abuse as a whole, we could take preventative measures, educate parents on why this isn't okay, or SOMETHING beyond just screwing this one family's lives up in any way possible. I hope that makes sense.
Spritanium
(Apr 21, 2017 at 1:05 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Otherwise we'd be performing "moral" witch hunts.
No I'm saying it's wholly unnecessary to turn such an overwhelming amount of attention toward one instance. The publicity this family has could be taken advantage of to educate people on why this behavior isn't okay. Instead it's all just "these two people are pieces of shit, let's make their lives miserable!" It's like trying to solve world hunger by sending a million sandwiches to one small village. And if all you wanted was to feed that one village, that's still a good act, but you gave them way more sandwiches than necessary
Spritanium
Also I'm not a liberal, big government is Bad
T-man
(Apr 21, 2017 at 1:10 AM)Spritanium Wrote: It's just that if the sudden torrent of people raging about this family would direct their attention toward the issue of child abuse as a whole, we could take preventative measures, educate parents on why this isn't okay, or SOMETHING beyond just screwing this one family's lives up in any way possible. I hope that makes sense.

Your point of view is overly cynical because you feel people aren't doing enough to fix the greater problem of child abuse. How is this not all or nothing? I feel like this is too much to expect from the average person and that you should take what victories you can.

>preventative measures

[Image: 08493028-photo-minority-report-precog.jpg]
Spritanium
Yeah preventative measures like not letting people like this have children, lol

I am probably being overly cynical. Any small victory is great, it's just frustrating that the internet makes small victories look huge.
Yoshin
(Apr 20, 2017 at 3:43 PM)Spritanium Wrote: It's still abusive but let's not forget about the thousands of families with much, much worse parents who aren't on youtube and who don't even pretend to love their kids.
I havent been reading the thread but this erked me. Pain is relative, just because other kids have it worse doesn't mean what they're going through is any less terrible to them. Parent's normalizing pain is not a good thing, and I hope this doesn't cycle to these kid's children.
T-man
(Apr 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM)Yoshin Wrote:
(Apr 20, 2017 at 3:43 PM)Spritanium Wrote: It's still abusive but let's not forget about the thousands of families with much, much worse parents who aren't on youtube and who don't even pretend to love their kids.
I havent been reading the thread but this erked me. Pain is relative, just because other kids have it worse doesn't mean what they're going through is any less terrible to them. Parent's normalizing pain is not a good thing, and I hope this doesn't cycle to these kid's children.
yeah it's the child abuse equivalent of "there are starving kids in africa!"
Spritanium
I understand that what these kids are going though is terrible for them

But to use the "starving kids in africa" example, would it really be an effective use of time and resources if thousands of people donated food to one starving african kid? I don't think so, nor do I think it's necessary for people to go on a crusade against one set of shitty parents. It's just interesting that it's such an atrocity and they're such terrible people but meh who gives a shit about the other millions of people going through the same thing.

I understand why it happens and it doesn't make anyone a bad person. It was just an observation; maybe in some parallel universe humans are capable of delegating themselves more efficiently to actually solve problems like this instead of just getting temporarily inspired and/or mad whenever the problem occurs.

I feel bad because I was just pointing something out, I didn't want to derail the entire thread, but nobody seems to understand where I'm coming from and nobody seems to want to let it go Shrug
Yrrzy
put it this way tho
say you have a full roast dinner and there's ONE starving african kid in front of you

do you go on a speech about how its not an effective use of time and resources since theres thousands of other starving african kids or do you give them the fucking meal

thats the key point here is that a specific instance has been highlighted and people have the capacity to help
Yrrzy
if you really wanted to put your time and resources to more effective use, highlighting charities or organisations that can help the others is a more effective use than saying you may as well not help any of them
T-man
(Apr 21, 2017 at 7:02 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: put it this way tho
say you have a full roast dinner and there's ONE starving african kid in front of you

do you go on a speech about how its not an effective use of time and resources since theres thousands of other starving african kids or do you give them the fucking meal

thats the key point here is that a specific instance has been highlighted and people have the capacity to help

Fucking THANK YOU

I don't think anyone misunderstands your point Spritey, it's just kind of a shitty point to be making in this thread.