The first Sonic game in history to have shitty music

Pedigree
Some stages I'd like to see remastered for the modern era from 2/3 of the original trio:

Sonic 2:
Hill Top Zone
Mystic Cave Zone
Metropolis Zone (maybe)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles:
Angel Island Zone
Ice Cap Zone
Lava Reef Zone
Death Egg Zone
Kabuto
sonic unleashed was actually the only sonic game i thoroughly enjoyed
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
CHESHIRE ☯
I'm not in love with the music, but I can't say it's genuinely shitty, it's just a bit out of place for the stage. Only Sonic game with pure shit music imo was Sonic 4.

This gameplay looks janky though. I don't know if it's the stage size or the pacing or the effects or what, but this shit seems super amateurish. How dare they come off of Sonic Generations and simultaneously make Sonic Mania, and STILL fuck it up? Can't they just standardized the damn thing already?

AND CAN WE PLEASE STOP SHOEHORNING GREEN HILL INTO THE GAMES???? What happened to the era of unique opening stages Sniff...
CHESHIRE ☯
(Apr 25, 2017 at 8:51 PM)Junkenstein Wrote: sonic unleashed was actually the only sonic game i thoroughly enjoyed

Have you played Colors? I feel like you would have enjoyed it if that's the case.

Definitely one of the best mainline games to come out in a good while. Perhaps even the last good one.
Kabuto
i havent! i didn't mind generations which is the only other recent game i've played besides unleashed but illk try colors sometime if i can
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Aidan
generations is my shit
love that game
Pedigree
me 2 bm

fuck the last boss tho
Elyk
it looks like classic sonic

isn't this what everyone wanted?
Aidan
(Apr 26, 2017 at 3:33 AM)Elyk Wrote: it looks like classic sonic

level design looks extremely sparse and straightforward, like they tried to recreate the look of sonic 1 without understanding what makes it fun
Pedigree
are we sure the linear progression is a product of the level design and not the person who played one way through the level
Pedigree
there does seem to be a lot of spring spam though, and tbh that's really weird
Aidan
(Apr 26, 2017 at 3:45 AM)Pedigree Wrote: are we sure the linear progression is a product of the level design and not the person who played one way through the level

i was looking for alt routes
there was like two and they were few and far between
Draku

Last I knew classic Sonic didn't have momentum-halting and/or ignoring shit all over the place. Those games play smooth as hell, this has a bunch of awkward halts and jolts. If I recall, the "classic Sonic" stages in Generations had similar issues.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man

[Image: FXaEE5h.png]
Draku
sonic 4
sonic four
sonic fources
sonic forces

Mind Blown
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
this looks like fucking shit

are you kidding me sonic team

generations was good, how can you fuck up a zone that was IN THAT GAME and make it look worse THIS MANY YEARS LATER?
Pedigree
because apparently eggman fucked with time and greenhill is now becoming a desert according to the video description LOL
T-man
i read a rumor that the third character is a character you make

[Image: olqs5rm.png]

considering how barebones this thing is im inclined to believe it
Yrrzy
C A N O N
O C S
Pedigree
Character creation is really the only thing that fits with this "new character"

tbh Sonic Forces wouldn't be much of a force if it was just Sonic