Pedigree
the reason why it's smart is if you wait then maybe the issues will be fixed and you'll have more games to choose from instead of settling to buy something you may not have otherwise wanted
T-man
(Apr 29, 2017 at 12:53 AM)Pedigree Wrote: the reason why it's smart is if you wait then maybe the issues will be fixed and you'll have more games to choose from instead of settling to buy something you may not have otherwise wanted

I don't see how this is better, per se. So you wait until Mario Kart, Smash Bros., or some other third thing and you've got 180 dollars to spend upfront in addition to the price of the console itself instead of 60 dollar increments as the games come.

Nintendo games never go down in price until they're entirely irrelevant, so the long game especially doesn't pay off there.
Nabber
yeah but bundles are a thing

by the time Thanksgiving comes i can get a Switch with an extra game for $250, maybe

plus i won't have to deal with defects
Nabber
(Apr 29, 2017 at 12:46 AM)T-man Wrote: I don't see how waiting to buy a console is any more or less reasonable than getting it at launch, especially when you know you're gonna want it eventually. You're just giving yourself more shit to buy at once, and worse, you'll have missed online discussions.
>implying i won't shitpost my opinion on a console i don't have
Kabuto
personally the cost of the wii u and the switch is still restrictive for me especially since the wii u is out of production now unless that was a rumor and not true
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Pedigree
it's confirmed and not a rumor
Demonlemon
(Apr 29, 2017 at 12:18 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Apr 29, 2017 at 12:13 AM)Demonlemon Wrote: I mean it played breath of wild just fine so I have no complaints

>buying games for a depreciated console when the new one kicks the shit out of it

[Image: 1244734352954.jpg~c200]

>spending $400 on a new console with no exclusive games you want

[Image: jpeg.jpg]
If life gives you lemons... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
[Image: nYwGTpS.png] [Image: 3fIS5XJ.gif]
Reference Humanoid reference Photobucket has sold out, so just take my word
on it that I have every pic anyone ever made for me, lovingly saved on 3 separate
harddrives
Pedigree
it has more games than wii u did at launch

not to mention that the exclusive games wii u had were shit like New Super Mario Bros
Draku
(Apr 30, 2017 at 9:39 PM)Pedigree Wrote: it has more games than wii u did at launch

not to mention that the exclusive games wii u had were shit like New Super Mario Bros
NSMBU was actually really fun though.

But not exactly a stellar launch title.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
It was an ok game but yeah it was a terrible launch title.
T-man
The Switch is going to have equivalent titles of some of Wii U's best within the first year.

Breath of the Wild launched with the system.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe just came out.

Splatoon 2 is coming in July.

Super Mario Odyssey is coming during the holidays.

Smash 4 Deluxe is an inevitability and will likely be shown at E3, who knows when that'll actually come out though.
Pedigree
not to mention all the unannounced shit

and nindies

tho I forget if the indie games don't count meme is a thing
Pedigree
btw snipperclips is the best local coop

like in a long fucking time
Draku
(Apr 30, 2017 at 9:48 PM)Pedigree Wrote: btw snipperclips is the best local coop

like in a long fucking time
yeah snipperclips is gr8 if short.
Pedigree
tfw you realize nintendo and jackbox are the only things keeping local multiplayer alive
Elyk
(Apr 30, 2017 at 9:52 PM)Pedigree Wrote: tfw you realize nintendo and jackbox are the only things keeping local multiplayer alive

there are lots of local multiplayer games on steam
T-man
New Super Mario Bros. has officially overstayed it's welcome. They need to actually put love and care into the next 2D Mario. I am so goddamn sick of looking at these worlds

[Image: latest?cb=20120318154647]
[Image: NSMB_WorldTwo.jpg]
[Image: NSMB_WorldThree.jpg]
[Image: latest?cb=20120515024938]
[Image: NSMB_WorldFive.jpg]
[Image: NSMB_WorldSix.jpg]
[Image: latest?cb=20120514014707]
[Image: World8NSMB.JPG]

EVERY

FUCKING

GAME

It doesn't help when you have spin-off titles like Mario Kart 8 doing shit like this.

[Image: Mario-Kart-8-DLC-Ribbon-Road.jpg]
[Image: sweet-sweet-canyon-mario-kart-8.png]
[Image: mk8dlc_wildwoods.png]
Draku
mk8's take on the mario visual style is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. they really need to tap into that more.
CHESHIRE ☯
I didn't hate it. But it didn't do anything for me.
Hell, Bayonetta 2 is on PC and Mario Kart 8 is on Switch. We're getting Splatoon 2 soon.

All it's got left for me is Smash, and that's just a ticking time bomb before it goes to Switch. WiiU was dead on release if it can't even keep up with the Switch right now (which had maybe 3 games on its release date?)
Nabber
bayonetta 2 isn't on pc, just the first game

also like... the switch is definitely a good deal for people who don't own a wii u, but as someone who does have the wii u, the switch has nothing to offer me yet aside from games you can already get on the wii u