Game Design Competition: Breakout

Pedigree
Greetings, ladies and gents! Breakout aka Bat and Ball is a simple idea that many have used as a stepping stool into the games industry. However, is it possible to take this idea and turn it into something that is genuinely entertaining? Hmm... Let's find out! Using whatever creation tools and assets you have at your disposal, create the best possible Breakout game, compress it into a zip archive of some form, upload it, and copy/paste the link here!

The award, you ask? Why, you will be competing for the Forum Event Winner badge which is pictured below!

[Image: forumevent1_default.svg]

Da Rulez
  • Your game must be submitted by 11:59PM on Saturday, June 3rd to be eligible for the voting process. You currently have 31 days excluding today's date.
  • Keep the content safe for work and abide by any other Minus World forum rules.
  • Please keep ear-bleed and seizure-inducing content to a minimum.

Additional Notes
  • You may use outside audio and graphical assets as long as you give proper credit. IE: music, sound effects, sprites
  • You may enlist the help of another member if you wish. If your project wins you will both get the badge.
  • Theme of the competition is Breakout. Other than that you may use any theme that you wish as long as it doesn't break the rules.

It should be interesting to see how we can spice up such an otherwise bland game! Good luck everyone!
T-man
(May 3, 2017 at 6:23 PM)Pedigree Wrote: The award, you ask? Why, you will be competing for the Forum Event Winner badge which is pictured below!

Wow! It's Fucking Nothing!
Pedigree
It shows up for me, fuck Cloudflare lol
Pedigree
(May 3, 2017 at 8:18 PM)T-man Wrote:
(May 3, 2017 at 6:23 PM)Pedigree Wrote: The award, you ask? Why, you will be competing for the Forum Event Winner badge which is pictured below!

Wow! It's Fucking Nothing!

for the record it's this but badge size:

[Image: ZjpgQI7.png]
Aidan
oh i'm working on something for this lol
[Image: aJB3fQ6.png]
Pedigree
Looks like a great start, BM! Keep it up!
Yoshin
[Image: aCg6Cz6.png]
I too am doing something
Pedigree
Checking in on how this is going. How you guys doing?
Aidan
i've completed one stage of mine
Pedigree
(May 12, 2017 at 5:47 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: i've completed one stage of mine

Sweet, has the development been smooth? Any features you want to tease without giving too much away?
Aidan
sure, i think my game will have one of the better stories of all the games in this competition, and maybe some of the best custom graphics
Pedigree
Good Sh*t
Pedigree
did we give up on this
Aidan
i think yoshin finished hers and i could prob finish mine in time
Pedigree
R I P this competition
Aidan
this is as far as i got do i win
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmydcuj2x5j5wu...u.zip?dl=0

space to start R to retry