sealelement
(May 17, 2017 at 12:20 AM)Pedigree Wrote: That's not an open relationship.

If your partner is only putting out for others, that is literally cuckoldry.

cuckoldry? do you have like an infographic or a video or something that could explain that to me? maybe like, idk, a comic? Shrug
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 12:16 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: it shouldn't be a competition but if your gf is getting tons of ass and you're getting zero it's less an open relationship and more like cuckoldry
Yeah, this is the cause for concern. I feel like some people are intentionally being obtuse in order to frame apprehension of this scenario as malicious. But then again, listening to people talk about open relationships as if it's a wholesome family building experience is like listening to someone from Mars.

But to each their own.
Pedigree
(May 17, 2017 at 12:36 AM)T-man Wrote: But then again, listening to people talk about open relationships as if it's a wholesome family building experience is like listening to someone from fucking Mars.

Welp
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 12:39 AM)Pedigree Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 12:36 AM)T-man Wrote: But then again, listening to people talk about open relationships as if it's a wholesome family building experience is like listening to someone from fucking Mars.

Welp

It's just something I cannot wrap my head around. Wanting to have a relationship one person without sexual restrictions is understandable to me as a concept, but an open relationship as a means of having a group relationship is foreign to me.
fucker5

Autoembed this in this entire thread
fucker5
^ Cuck anthem btw.
Pedigree
(May 17, 2017 at 12:46 AM)T-man Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 12:39 AM)Pedigree Wrote:

Welp

It's just something I cannot wrap my head around. Wanting to have a relationship one person without sexual restrictions is understandable to me as a concept, but an open relationship as a means of having a group relationship is foreign to me.
Well I'm in a poly relationship in which one of the partners does not engage us sexually but we still feel love for each other and our relationship works.

Is it really that farfetched to you?
Poxni
it's about consent amongst all parties, regarding their feelings. meh that's about it

my dumb ass has three datefriends so.
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 12:48 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Well I'm in a poly relationship in which one of the partners does not engage us sexually but we still feel love for each other and our relationship works.

Is it really that farfetched to you?
I couldn't imagine living my life that way. If it works for you it doesn't really matter how I feel about the subject.
Pedigree
does sex really = love? Hmm...

if you can't imagine life with someone without sex maybe you're not with them for the right reasons in the first place
T-man
I wasn't referring to being without sex, I was referring to a three way relationship.
Pedigree
I don't understand why you struggle with the concept of poly relationships.
Elyk
in a set of three...

if you're gay all members share two partners
if you're straight one member has two partners and the other two share one
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I don't understand why you struggle with the concept of poly relationships.

I don't understand why you need to press me for it.

I'm sorry if this is coming off as an attack on your lifestyle. I just could not see myself being comfortable in that kind of relationship. But as I've said previously: to each their own.
Elyk
i'd be okay with a harem though like all my favorite animes
Pedigree
(May 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM)T-man Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I don't understand why you struggle with the concept of poly relationships.

I'm sorry if this is coming off as an attack on your lifestyle. I just could not see myself being comfortable in that kind of relationship, as I've said previously: to each their own.
You quoted me to state this opinion, how is it pressing you to ask you why???
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 1:05 AM)Pedigree Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM)T-man Wrote:

I'm sorry if this is coming off as an attack on your lifestyle. I just could not see myself being comfortable in that kind of relationship, as I've said previously: to each their own.
You quoted me to state this opinion, how is it pressing you to ask you why???
It's really very simple, I don't have the capacity to emotionally support multiple people in that way.
Fun With Despair
I think literally all SP's problems with this thread come from him misinterpreting what we mean by open relationship.

Poly =/= open relationship. A poly relationship involves multiple people in a relationship with each other.

An open relationship is a relationship where the parties involved are basically allowed to just have casual sex with other people.

BIG difference
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 1:06 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I think literally all SP's problems with this thread come from him misinterpreting what we mean by open relationship.

Poly =/= open relationship. A poly relationship involves multiple people in a relationship with each other.

An open relationship is a relationship where the parties involved are basically allowed to just have casual sex with other people.

BIG difference

YES THANK YOU
Pedigree
It's balanced because they support you in return.