Stirling
I only played DK64 and it's been alright for me so far. Barely in.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Aidan
(Apr 21, 2017 at 7:19 PM)StirlADrei Wrote: I only played DK64 and it's been alright for me so far. Barely in.

the gameplay is pretty fun, albeit glitchy
it starts to fall apart when you realize they expect you to do shit like collect 100 bananas per character per stage, which requires banana coins to unlock moves and multiple types of ammo divided by character to power those moves and so on forever
Stirling
I meant YL has been alright. xd
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Poxni
i only played it for 90 minutes and it was a very soul-sucking experience
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Sponge
(Apr 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM)SODA FiZZ Wrote: So what I'm gathering from the game reviews and friend anecdotes (particularly OSM, Sponge, Chakra-X, and Sword) is this:

If you LOVE Banjo-Kazooie and fap to Grant Kirkhope's music (as we know OSM and Sponge do), the game is a dream come true, 10/10, would fund again.

If you like platformers and collectathons, and are generally content with N64 era gaming, the game is pretty shoddy in parts and soulless in others, but it's "tolerable" overall.

And if you're like me, who enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie's gameplay, but HATE Banjo-Tooie, HATE Gruntilda's rhyming bullshit, and consider Grant Kirkhope THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACKS EVER BECAUSE A WHOLE GENERATION MISTAKES SHITTY HONKS AND KAZOO'S AS ACTUAL HIGHGRADE ORCEHSTRATION… …the game is a fucking mess.

…but please what do you guys think? I'm not gonna play the game, but I'll sure as hell partake of the
GREAT DAZEthat is that sweet, oh so sweet David Wise audio nectar.

Chiming in to say that while I love Grant's music, I think his work for this game was a tad underwhelming. David Wise fucking delivered though.
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 3:08 AM)Sponge Wrote: Chiming in to say that while I love Grant's music, I think his work for this game was a tad underwhelming. David Wise fucking delivered though.
Yeah, I was really disappointed that none of his tunes were very melodic. I think they're really good at setting the tone, but they don't leave much of an impression. Think of any Banjo level and one of the first things you think of is the music, I can't really say that about Yooka-Laylee. I wonder if the orchestral score will improve Yooka-Laylee's soundtrack.