God
Give me a sentence that uses four consecutive simple present tense verbs with nothing else in between them. the first person to answer correctly gets 1000 XP
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Elyk
help help help help
God
good try but i'm afraid that's Not A Sentence
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yoshin
Is it cheating if the sentence is a list of them?
Kabuto
but how can it be a sentence if theres no subject? or are you wanting one with implied you subject
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
God
(May 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Is it cheating if the sentence is a list of them?

I think verbs technically stop behaving as verbs if they're presented in a list.
God
(May 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM)Respecting Women Wrote: but how can it be a sentence if theres no subject? or are you wanting one with implied you subject

There can be a subject. The rules only state that no other parts of speech can be inbetween the consecutive four verbs.
Kabuto
We explore, discover, document, destroy.
God
No commas!
God
So to clarify, "nothing else in between them" includes punctuation and formatting. The only valid thing that can be between each verb is a space.
Kabuto
You appear to be running
God
(May 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM)Respecting Women Wrote: You appear to be running

to is a particle
running is present continuous
Kabuto
They imagine pretend fuck
Yrrzy
The tagline of the original Half-Life was "Run Think Shoot Live"
Mario
We're all gonna run run run around
God
(May 21, 2017 at 4:49 PM)Respecting Women Wrote: They imagine pretend fuck

They is not a verb.
"Pretend fuck" is a noun phrase.

(May 21, 2017 at 4:49 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: The tagline of the original Half-Life was "Run Think Shoot Live"

I appreciate your thinking outside of the box, but run, think, shoot and live do not behave as verbs in this sentence.

(May 21, 2017 at 4:50 PM)Mario Wrote: We're all gonna run run run around

Gonna is not a simple present verb (and also includes the particle 'to').
Run run run is idiomatic, and only the first or the last repetition qualifies as a true verb.
Kabuto
is this even possible
Yrrzy
im not sure, i can chain two before they start having to use each other as adverbs or nouns
God
tip: the correct answers do not consecutively use the same verb. there is at least one possible answer whereby the same verb is used twice in the sequence, but not consecutively.
Yrrzy
i keep thinking i have something but then i realise it has a comma