ARMS Global Testpuch Starts Tonight for NA

T-man
Tomorrow for everyone else.

[Image: Switch_ARMS_Direct_SCRN_14.jpg]

I'm really interested in this game's characters and style but I've never been too impressed with the gameplay. Hopefully this puts me in my place.

[Image: tRM1iEH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high]
Two_Finger
I'd download this right now but my switch doesn't want to connect to the internet for some reason
T-man
(May 26, 2017 at 10:00 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: I'd download this right now but my switch doesn't want to connect to the internet for some reason

Is it having trouble connecting to the eShop specifically? (Well, it might have effected other things but I didn't play online until MK8D) Switching to Google DNS fixed that for me.
Two_Finger
I feel stupid now.
a quick search tells me it's fixed by just turning it off and on again
T-man
(May 26, 2017 at 10:25 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: I feel stupid now.
a quick search tells me it's fixed by just turning it off and on again
It's a shame it's a meme because it is valid troubleshooting
Pedigree
oh fuck is this today
T-man
(May 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM)Pedigree Wrote: oh fuck is this today

No I lied
T-man
10 minutes to go.
T-man
this game is really fun and exciting, i wonder how it holds up
Two_Finger
yeah it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and the different options for weapons and such open up a lot of variance in playstyle
T-man
I also thought it's matchmaking system was really interesting. You were never in one kind of match for too long and getting matched into a new one is really painless, especially with how you can warmup and switch characters while you wait. If the game stays as fun as it was during my initial hour with it, they will have secured a purchase from me.
Elyk
I had more fun with it than I expected to but I don't think it would keep me invested enough to justify $60.

Also why does nobody understand how to play volleyball?
Poxni
testpunch was neat but I'm not sure if it got me invested enough. the lobby system is cute and works well with how fast matches and matchmaking go

I did have trouble with the motion control; often my attempts at guarding got mixed up with a grab, but thankfully I used the joycon grip for most of it lol
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
T-man
10 minutes till the next session!