Aidan
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:40 PM)HylianDev Wrote:
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:37 PM)kaZaam Wrote:
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:34 PM)HylianDev Wrote: Guys I'm trying to level with you, I could do without all the feels
oh god dont go there. this whole drama started with you being upset in the first place lol

My first post comes off as pissed. I didn't mean to sound that way, it just kinda happened that way. Can we all calm down please? The only reason I started the topic was to come to try to level with you guys. I'm not being salty, I'm not being pissed. If I was just pissed I'd have banned every account, or at least issued some kind of warning. I'm trying to defuse the situation and lighten the tension between MW and MFGG.

I'm probably failing at that a lot but my starting point here is I want you guys to believe me that I'm here to relieve tension between MW and MFGG, not to yell at you because I'm mad.

i can't see any reason why my thread about mario fan games was locked other than the staff having a grudge
HylianDev
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:38 PM)kaZaam Wrote: these sad affirmations about the rationality of your posts do nothing but make you look more insecure btw

Saying that I look insecure isn't discourse. All I can say to that is "yeah I am" or "no I'm not". Idk what you're saying that I'm insecure about. My justification in locking the topic maybe? I might've fucked up by doing that. Obviously it made you guys mad. But I'm not trying to defend my decision and say "YEAH I DID THE RIGHT THING". In the moment, when a topic is being absolutely flooded with people who expressed disdain for MFGG, it seemed like the right thing to do. It may not have been. Continuing to shit post was definitely not the right thing to do.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:39 PM)T-man Wrote: Also I don't go to the MFGG forums much, do people really talk a lot of shit about MW? I honest to God thought that was a meme.

Me too, I don't see it very often, and when I do I don't like to see it, I didn't know people were so pissed about it. We'll decide later what to do about Vim's post. He might end up with a warn, he might not, but please don't misconstrue it to sound like people who talk shit on MW have immunity.

[ to be continued ]
kaZaam
cmon guyssssssss since when do the old guard on mario forums hold grudges ;)
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Pedigree

>implied anyone angry is emotionally unstable because you don't think they should be angry

>locked/deleted every thread by an MW member under the "raid" umbrella even though we're not raiding you

>posted a thread on MW talking about how childish we all are and rubbing the fact that you have a job in our faces as if that means anything other than talking shit to anyone unemployed

how the fuck are you trying to de-escalate tensions again?
I wish he would answer my question and stop saucing around it like a fuckin Italian pizza chief whose name is Mario and makes fangames in his freetime
kaZaam
tbf i wasnt involved with this at all. just calling it how i sees it
kaZaam
i one day hope to be able to weirdpost as good as zelma
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
i legitimately just want to check out mfgg after all this but im prob being considered part of a raid because im from mw
Aidan
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM)HylianDev Wrote: My justification in locking the topic maybe? I might've fucked up by doing that.
k unlock it then, i have more fan game related content to post
HylianDev
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM)Pedigree Wrote: We stopped arguing, you escalated to lock anyways. And let me be real here, we were talking about fangames when you locked it AND a General Chat is an off topic forum.

You should really just log off lmao. Continue to be bitter about the Nazi Punching thread and make mod decisions based on your grudges lol.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: why is posting "random shit" (jokes still relevant to the topic) against the rules in a GENERAL CHAT again?

give me one reason please as to why that is a rule beyond no fun allowed

As I said before: almost all of the posts at that point were coming from MW people whop had expressed disdain for MFGG earlier in the topic, the posts were indeed shitposts that were pretty thinly veiled as actual posts. I locked it because it wouldn't have ended well; it either would've been just a bunch of MW people shitposting, or (more likely) MFGG people would've come in and shit talked the MW people for filling a topic up with shitposting between each other.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM)kaZaam Wrote: thing is you're just exacerbating whatever tension there is

There were several MW members appearing to argue about MW before I ever posted in the topic. The tension is very real.

[ also to be continued ]
Mario
mods please lock this thread
Spritanium

> Like 3 people from MW post in a thread on MFGG

> "This has turned into a bitter MW raid"

Do you guys realize literally nobody on MW cares about raiding your less-fun forum

Even the fake raid we had a few weeks ago was more of a raid than this
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:52 PM)Mario Wrote: mods please lock this thread
it's not about fan games so it's okay
HylianDev
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM)kaZaam Wrote: cmon guyssssssss since when do the old guard on mario forums hold grudges ;)

Accusing me of having a grudge isn't discourse either. All I can say is I do or do not have a grudge. I'm not angry about the Nazi topic. I didn't come here because of anything to do with the topic. I came here because I know all of you guys and I'm trying to talk it over with you.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:46 PM)Pedigree Wrote: >implied anyone angry is emotionally unstable because you don't think they should be angry

>locked/deleted every thread by an MW member under the "raid" umbrella even though we're not raiding you

>posted a thread on MW talking about how childish we all are and rubbing the fact that you have a job in our faces as if that means anything other than talking shit to anyone unemployed

how the fuck are you trying to de-escalate tensions again?

I said earlier that I didn't mean to imply that anyone is emotionally unstable. Context should also say that. Pedigree, I like you man. But saying that I meant to imply that you're all "emotionally unstable" isn't fair. I'm putting my feet in the ground on that one. I meant to imply that the tensions over MW vs MFGG are unstable, and only in some of the MW users; namely the ones who reacted to Vim's post angrily. I may have been wrong there too; hell, I came over here angry. I came here to be productive, but I was angry when I did it. So I'm sorry about that.
Fun With Despair
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:49 PM)HylianDev Wrote:
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM)Pedigree Wrote: We stopped arguing, you escalated to lock anyways. And let me be real here, we were talking about fangames when you locked it AND a General Chat is an off topic forum.

You should really just log off lmao. Continue to be bitter about the Nazi Punching thread and make mod decisions based on your grudges lol.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: why is posting "random shit" (jokes still relevant to the topic) against the rules in a GENERAL CHAT again?

give me one reason please as to why that is a rule beyond no fun allowed

As I said before: almost all of the posts at that point were coming from MW people whop had expressed disdain for MFGG earlier in the topic, the posts were indeed shitposts that were pretty thinly veiled as actual posts. I locked it because it wouldn't have ended well; it either would've been just a bunch of MW people shitposting, or (more likely) MFGG people would've come in and shit talked the MW people for filling a topic up with shitposting between each other.

(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM)kaZaam Wrote: thing is you're just exacerbating whatever tension there is

There were several MW members appearing to argue about MW before I ever posted in the topic. The tension is very real.

[ also to be continued ]
what is wrong with shitposts contained to one topic in an off topic board and not directed at any given member who could take offense
Spritanium
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:49 PM)HylianDev Wrote: the posts were indeed shitposts that were pretty thinly veiled as actual posts.
This is like, a perfect one-sentence summary of why MFGG's moderation doesn't work
[Image: supercorrect.png]
HylianDev
(Jun 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM)Spritanium Wrote: > Like 3 people from MW post in a thread on MFGG

> "This has turned into a bitter MW raid"

Do you guys realize literally nobody on MW cares about raiding your less-fun forum

Even the fake raid we had a few weeks ago was more of a raid than this

Some people from MW posted several shitpost-y topics in quick succession. Obviously 0% of this was like, MW-sanctioned, but it happened because of MW people acting on MW-MFGG tensions.

(also hey, Stick Around is back)
Yrrzy
man we talk about pre- and post-split mfgg like theyre the same place but they really really arent

i miss pre-split mfgg that place was cool with shitposting
mit
most of the threads are genuine threads that we probably should and/or would have eventually anyway if we had a PPP (mostly so the GC can stay as it is and the PPP can have less "serious" threads) and im pretty sure most of the animosity drizzled out right before the thread got locked, and even then the animosity only started because vimimin posted something entirely irrelevant and mean
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]