is it racist to not be sexually attracted to certain races

(Dec 21, 2020 at 1:57 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Some search engine spider was looking at this thread. The question is an interesting one and I think the answer is complicated. I only read the first couple posts so maybe this has been said already but: Maybe the reason you aren't attracted to a particular race is fueled by biases you have that you are unaware of towards them. Idk what you could do about it exactly other than try to look at them differently. Consider what is appealing about them instead of what you find unappealing.

Sorry for the bump, seal.

You shouldn't be apologizing to Seal.

You should be apologizing to all of us.

The only other worse thread you could've bumped is any Cdiplayer thread involving his asian wife.

Anyway 2020Zelma thoughts on this issue? No. It is not racist but I would also like to point out that this is a question I've only ever seen asked by white people. Nobody else seems to give that much of a shit besides my caucasian brethren. One of you guys will have to tell me why this is such an internal struggle. My solution to this problem is to just stop giving a shit. Mind your business. Wanna fuck the pale cashier girl from Walgreens? Go ahead. Like the darker flavored chick working at the Liquor Store down the street? Dope.

Stop seeing race. Start seeing the heart bros.
B3ll3
(Dec 21, 2020 at 2:12 AM)Shygul Wrote: idgaf what race people are as long as they dont have a vagina
upon further reflection, i think i am asexual
Stirling
(Dec 21, 2020 at 4:08 AM)Shygul Wrote:
(Dec 21, 2020 at 2:12 AM)Shygul Wrote: idgaf what race people are as long as they dont have a vagina

damn, there goes my chances
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Aidan
(Dec 21, 2020 at 4:08 AM)Shygul Wrote:

a sexual what
Vertette
(Dec 21, 2020 at 3:15 AM)Zelma Wrote: Anyway 2020Zelma thoughts on this issue? No. It is not racist but I would also like to point out that this is a question I've only ever seen asked by white people. Nobody else seems to give that much of a shit besides my caucasian brethren. One of you guys will have to tell me why this is such an internal struggle. My solution to this problem is to just stop giving a shit. Mind your business. Wanna fuck the pale cashier girl from Walgreens? Go ahead. Like the darker flavored chick working at the Liquor Store down the street? Dope.

White people are so obsessed with race man, smh
Spritanium
(Dec 21, 2020 at 2:42 AM)Mario Wrote: I read through this since it was bumped for some reason so you'll have to deal with my reply

(Jun 15, 2018 at 2:59 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Hot take: everyone is racist all the time, we just have to do our best to constantly remind our dumb caveman brains not to be afraid of unfamiliar people/ideas

I read through this since it was bumped for some reason isn't this basically what @God was saying to you the entire thread? Do you agree or are we pretending we all disagree and are in a big fight for the sake of pride or whatever idk

In a racist society, or rather "a society with problems with racism" for people who get offended like that, what you're attracted to is influenced by that- despite your best efforts. It's better to acknowledge it outright and (ideally) work against the propaganda you're aware of so you can do better. A big part of it is we have these ideas of what someone of a certain race is Like but that just isn't realistic and is based on stereotypes. but like nobodys gonna go after you for being w/ someone of the same race or anything- but it's probably a red flag that you got some kind of fucked up ideas if you're gonna argue 'theres no way its racist' or insist so when these kinds of conversations come up (not saying you were doing this spritey cuz i dont think you were)

[Image: a5f.jpeg]

Hard to say since it was 2 years ago, but I think the spirit behind what I was saying is that anti-racism is a constant effort, and rather than treat the word "racist" like some reputation-ending label, we should try to understand and accept when we're letting bigotry influence our opinions and work to avoid it in the future. Being unattracted to certain races is absolutely racist, like by definition, but it's not the end of the world to just acknowledge that and ask oneself why they'd feel that way. I used to feel "more attracted" to white people and now I just don't have that type of preference anymore. Critical analysis is the cure for these types of thoughts
Spritanium
Btw I'm not going to reread the whole thread but I largely thank Mario and Oracular for pointing me in this direction years ago
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
there was also like a year between the argument and the post mario quoted