Bee
b
CHESHIRE ☯
I play PSO all the time with people I grew up with, and I go in EXTREMELY hard on PSO2 on the Vita and PS4.
Unfortunately, I'm on Ship 07 and no one in the Western World wants to play with me because they all stick to the English speaking ships. I considered transferring once but I'm already in way too deep and far too invested in the community I have.

(btw, to embed the video, you can skip the entire URL and just post the video code:

If you find yourself on Ship 07, I go by NightStream. Level 67 Ranger-Braver hybrid that looks like Julie Fleisher from EX-Troopers.
CHESHIRE ☯
Hero looks pretty fun.

I'm getting serious Emilia Justina vibes, or maybe that's just my inner desires speaking
CHESHIRE ☯
(Jun 10, 2017 at 11:34 PM)Bee Wrote: I believe challenge blocks are multi-ship, yes?
we could definitely play on there at some point. I'm still on my way to 80, tho.
I took a long hiatus and made a new character when I finally got back.
Gonna be even longer before I can play Hero too...

I know they introduced multi-ship blocks, but I haven't experimented much with them yet. I'm totally down to try PvP and Challenge with you if this works out.
Aidan
someone told me you can do air combos in this game so i downloaded it but japan wouldn't let me in
Aidan
i'm pretty sure i didn't even get an error code the game just wouldn't run
and i didn't have anything but the game running
Aidan
oh lol i don't think i had the tweaker thing
i should try again this game looks cool
CHESHIRE ☯
If you're confident in your Japanese and have a PSVita or PS4 you get it directly from PSN.

I have it on PC too, since I've been playing since the early beta, but when North American's were hacking into and breaking the servers they shut everyone outside of Japan out that wasn't over level 20 (without cheating).

I think if you want to make a new account on PC with a non-Asian IP, the Tweaker is your only option now. This isn't so bad though, since if you use the English language patch I hear the Tweaker will automatically update your files with each patch.

@Bee You're a better person than I. I've tried and failed multiple attempts to get friends on this game (mostly because most my IRL friends are impatient, digitally illiterate, and refuse to spend time actually learning to read the language of a culture they love to champion).
CHESHIRE ☯
(Jun 15, 2017 at 3:09 AM)Bee Wrote: thats actually not true! or at the very least, its not true anymore.
There was an issue a while back where certain american ISPs could not connect to the ISP that sega runs through, and many people assumed that was the reason, but it was discovered a while later that it was basically Sega's ISP using a japanese specific IP address that a lot of american ISPs had yet to begin supporting. Certain ISPs like Time Warner had no issue connecting because they were on top of that, and eventually it got solved altogether. As it is now, you should be able to at the very least connect without tweaker. this is all in extreme laymans terms because i didnt care that much past the point of "oh it works now i can uninstall this VPN finally"

but yeah im just
honestly really confident in this game so I try not to let people skip out on it just because of the whole setup process if i can. Even if it means doing 100% of the work for them.

Anyway I have no clue how challenge mode works; and PvP is wonky with the whole concept of actually playing with friends. I'll experiment with challenge mode and see whats up tho1

If I remember, there was a DDoS attack that occurred on Verizon, so to protect their servers they shut off all the funnel pathways that used Verizon connections and IPs (I was one of them, unfortunately). Comcast was unaffected at first, but about a month later they also took the hit, which was what initially prompted me to set up a proxy. It became tedious after awhile, though, so I moved on and picked up my PS Vita. I don't recall when the lines opened back up, but by that point I was playing far more regularly so it was off my radar.

The initial reason was because of the hacking though. There was a massive e-mail blast after the beta that explained the exact parameters for who could keep their accounts: Players that were over level 20 with at least 150 hours of gameplay. Our team, the DARKER KNIGHTS (or Valhalla Knights at the time) were the premiere English speaking guild on Ship 07, with the maximum 100 players at the time, so because we were all so adamant and invested (and none of us were hacking the game lobby and doing all the craziness that was occurring en masse at the time) me and Zero, a personal friend on the team and fellow founder, e-mailed the support team requesting we not be kicked off of the servers. I got a reply a few days later that not only did most of our team fall in the parameters, but because a number of us were comfortable with Japanese and helping the community, we were given complete immunity.

A year later though we got blown out by a larger and more active English Team on Ship 07 by the name of Confusion, and a lot of non-American English speakers started showing up on the ship. Our Facebook Group is still here in memorial, but for the most part the team community is a shell of it's former self and no one actively posts, even though most of us still play regularly.
CHESHIRE ☯
(Jun 15, 2017 at 4:40 AM)Bee Wrote: ohhhhh yeah i know the ban youre talking about now

yeah that was definitely more temporary. more temporary than the ddos drama was. like a one time thing type deal. i joined the game after that happened and remember people talking about it, and i wasnt even using tweaker at the time.

either way, the game is playable without tweaker. i even just booted it through the official launcher with no patches or VPNs active to check.

[Image: fkkdvp.jpg]

you guys honestly had me spooked that it was still a thing and the tweaker had a built in proxy i didnt know about

Nothing to worry about, I know I'm totally outdating myself, this was like a bajillion years ago.