Bee
I managed to grab Final Fantasy Explorers recently, mostly because it was the only Final Fantasy game that wasn't some weird genre like a puzzle or rhythm game.
What I got honestly surpassed what I was expecting by a mile or ten.

This is just Phantasy Star Online.
This is a Phantasy Star Online clone in the best possible sense.
None of this feels like Final Fantasy aside from the aesthetic.
Maybe some dashes of PSO2 thrown in, but mostly PSO.
The camera feels the same
attacks feel the same
you even pick quests up at a quest counter
some of the weapons even look the same.

the only glaring difference ive noticed so far is enemies having health bars.

Here's a link to the Wiki for this game

If anybody is able to grab this, please do.
Especially if you like PSO.
Yes it's online.
Bee
g-guys its a good game i swear
Fun With Despair
it's alright

feels kind of like monster hunter but a kind of discount version
Bee
/thread
CHESHIRE ☯
This is the most PSO not-PSO game I have ever encountered.

Like, it's so PSO I don't even want to play it, I may as well just play PSO
Bee
HONESTLY that's a bit of an issue I'm having with it. It's so incredibly close to PSO that I keep ending up just logging back onto PSO2.
maybe if it was on a big screen and had split screen i'd be dragging people over to play with me but right now it's on backlog. I know when I eventually do play it I'm going to completely lose myself in it.

Do you still play PSO? Or are you strictly PSO2 now?
CHESHIRE ☯
(Jun 14, 2017 at 11:02 PM)Bee Wrote: HONESTLY that's a bit of an issue I'm having with it. It's so incredibly close to PSO that I keep ending up just logging back onto PSO2.
maybe if it was on a big screen and had split screen i'd be dragging people over to play with me but right now it's on backlog. I know when I eventually do play it I'm going to completely lose myself in it.

Do you still play PSO? Or are you strictly PSO2 now?

I used to frequent the SCHTHACK servers for Episode 1 & 2, and I even got into Blue Burst for awhile. But since PSO2 was released I haven't been online whatsoever for PSO. I still have all my Dreamcast and Gamecube files and discs, so every now and then me and a number of friends will break out 4 controllers and do splitscreen. If we aren't playing fresh characters we'll usually have the newest player chose the route and see how far we can make it through, classic D&D style.

When I'm just playing on my own though, I always opt to play PSO2. Mainly because I can just pull out my Vita and play it wherever/whenever I want.
Bee
ive considered getting a vita just for PSO2 honestly. But I know I may quite literally never stop playing if I did.
CHESHIRE ☯
(Jun 15, 2017 at 3:04 AM)Bee Wrote: ive considered getting a vita just for PSO2 honestly. But I know I may quite literally never stop playing if I did.

You're entirely true. Once you add mobility it's GAME OVER.

…didn't stop me, though.