Spritanium
Also cue everyone thinking I'm some kind of laptop enthusiast because I'm being realistic about a dying format, even though I said like 3 times that I prefer desktops too, and that I'm not talking about price (no shit obsolete hardware costs less)

But it's really pointless to try and have a real discussion in this community because everyone just mentally constructs a parody of your argument to avoid having to think about what you're actually saying
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
btw if youre into posting like i am, chromebooks are great for that
Mario
actually its pretty interesting that you say that desktops are on their way out, Apple has neglected them for years but just announced the iMac Pro and a new Mac Pro is coming Soon* (that probably won't look like a fuckin trash can). Desktops are back baby
Spritanium
Idk why it's so hard for people in this community to understand that we are not normal people

Twentysomethings are not buying new desktop computers in large numbers. We buy them because we're weird.
Spritanium
(Jun 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM)Mario Wrote: actually its pretty interesting that you say that desktops are on their way out, Apple has neglected them for years but just announced the iMac Pro and a new Mac Pro is coming Soon* (that probably won't look like a fuckin trash can). Desktops are back baby
iMacs are all in ones, not traditional ATX desktops. All in ones are​ probably the main reason why desktops are obsolete for normal consumers. Even if you don't need portability you also don't need a huge rectangular prism on/beneath your desk.

And a Mac Pro is a professional PC (not for normal use). I never made the claim that desktops were obsolete for professionals, in fact I explicitly stated the opposite
Mario
im not arguing with you dude ive seen Google Analytics
Mario
Desktops are back baby
Spritanium
Yeah keep up the trend of ignoring everything I said, not like anybody else in this thread is even making an attempt to be logical so why should you
Bee
i tried to be logical but then you ignored me and focused on one tiny point without actually commenting or arguing it at all.
dont try to pull that card if you're the one that's doing it.
Briraka
wow you guys, why do you all think that we need to fight over what kind of computer we use?Sad

we all could just buy both!Thumbs Up
Spritanium
(Jun 13, 2017 at 10:38 PM)Bee Wrote: i tried to be logical but then you ignored me and focused on one tiny point without actually commenting or arguing it at all.
dont try to pull that card if you're the one that's doing it.
See you made the mistake of discussing the actual point of the thread
Mario
i'm not arguing wtih you or anyone else in the thread chill
Bee
moving goalposts? i thought that was my thing!
Aidan
Quote:the MMO genre as a whole pretty much entirely exists on PC.
the MOBA genre as a whole is purely PC
both of these are huge negatives
T-man
(Jun 13, 2017 at 11:22 PM)Aidan Wrote:
who is this quote from because i agree with you
Aidan
(Jun 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Jun 13, 2017 at 11:22 PM)Aidan Wrote:
who is this quote from because i agree with you

quote courtesy of minus world user "bee"
Pedigree
My PC used to be master of all video games until the power supply went bad and the computer black screen shuts off when I try to play games, and only when I play games. Sad

Nintendo Switch is all I has now, until I can replace the power supply.
CHESHIRE ☯
Saying something plays better on a PC is like saying fast food would taste better if you bought the ingredients yourself and told the cook to follow your recipe. I never quite understood why people put PC in the console war when it's obviously going to be an exception every time it's introduced.

All of these games are designed on PCs, and you can overclock the shit out of a PC if you're smart enough. If you TRULY want to, you can play EVERYTHING on your PC, except maybe like a 3DS cartridge… …MAYBE. I only say that because I personally don't know how you would go about doing it.

The gaming hardware market is fueled solely by CONVENIENCE and ACCESSIBILITY. It's entertainment, so the less we have to do, and the less we have to think, to enjoy our gaming experience the better. We pay premium dollars to get a machine that does all the algorithms for us, so we can just plug in a controller and go straight to playing the games.

With a PC, you can get the same experience if not a greater one, but it's mostly a DIY process. Like one would homebrew a WiiU or modcase/modchip a PS2, there is always a way to make your experience better with any hardware you purchase if you're willing to instill your own innovations.
CHESHIRE ☯
Not making an argument for either case, just stating an objective fact to get people's cogs turning. It's all about playing the games you want, how you want. So do you, my friends.
EH2
These days you can pay to have a PC built to your specifications, so it's almost like importing a console from overseas: all you have to do is wait. So the DIY aspect of it is completely optional.

The only difference then would be that PCs can have a wide variety of specs, but consoles are sort of toying with spec tiers now (see: PS4 Pro, and in a way the Xbox One X).