Let's all admire the new Super Mario Odyssey trailer

Draku
(Jun 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Oh man @ 1:52

They brought back the FLUDD-less levels from Sunshine, just random blocks floating out in space

This is the only context where random floating blocks work well in a 3D Mario game

Edit: ehh I guess it's more like the challenges from Galaxy, but still I'm willing to bet there are some platforming-based levels like that
It seems like there's a lot of level transitions over to sectioned-off areas like that that are either based in platforming or some other mechanic of the game.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Endgame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAVT6qgG-o

So the boss fights in this game seem pretty damn good/atmospheric.
Spritanium
Fuck me that's awesome

Weather effects in a Mario game? Never thought I'd see the day
Spritanium
It's kind of crazy how this is the first time in 10 years I've been legitimately hyped for a Mario platformer. With Galaxy 2, 3D Land, and 3D World, my reaction was always one of slight interest without actual excitement
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Jun 15, 2017 at 3:45 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Weather effects in a Mario game? Never thought I'd see the day
3D World is on the line, it's asking if you ever played it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
Super Mario Bros. 2 (JP) had wind
Spritanium
(Jun 15, 2017 at 6:38 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Jun 15, 2017 at 3:45 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Weather effects in a Mario game? Never thought I'd see the day
3D World is on the line, it's asking if you ever played it
I forget
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Syaxamaphone
All of the Mario's have had weather.

Its just usually sunny, that's all.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
T-man
costar mode confirmed
T-man
alright folks lets plot this out chronologically

presumably the game begins with this confrontation with bowser, notice that peach is wearing her usual dress but not her usual crown, hmm...

[Image: pDdIzIU.gif]

so bowser totally fucks mario's shit like the boss he is, presumably knocking him off the airship. he even goes as far as to destroy the dude's hat

[Image: 15oVC02.gif]

then he peaces the fuck out (im certain this comes after the hat stomping because peach is still in her regular dress)

[Image: E1fTL7a.gif]

here comes the big question: did mario fucking die? i dunno man, he's seen in this spooky black and white world with a ghost thing. this is presumably where mario meets cappy for the first time (notice mario's lack of hat from bowser destroying it)

[Image: VXOFSD3.gif]

cappy doesn't seem too impressed with how he looks on his new host, so using a piece of mario's ruined hat, he turns into a shiny new hat!

[Image: E5zCa7C.gif]

now mario can use cappy's abilities to possess whoever he tosses his hat at

[Image: YKNyV8I.gif]
Syaxamaphone
Apparently ghosty cap kingdom is one of the game's worlds so I imagine he just landed there after his royal ass-kicking from the big man.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
sealelement
is this like danny phantom where mario dies in his own origin story
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
i think mario went to bury his hat in a hat cemetary and met cappy the ghost hat there
EH2
(Jun 16, 2017 at 7:50 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: i think mario went to bury his hat in a hat cemetary and met cappy the ghost hat there

That feel when you see a post and think a dark as fuck theory and then this comes along

Bravo, my friend.
Elyk
I could watch gameplay of this for days.
Two_Finger
I've been watching gameplay of this for days
it's too bad there's only so much
King Piranha Plant
Did anyone else get a Mario meets Ratchet & Clank vibe looking at the level gameplay? The way he gets off his ship, how there's so much space to walk around in, and how you pass a little vendor selling upgrades and stuff at the beginning of each level.

Honestly this is the Mario game I've always wanted. When I was a kid I'd always fantasize about exploring the real world around me and jumping on stuff, looking for stars in a more realistic, vast open landscape. I absolutely love the way they're blending cute minimal cartooniness with detailed realism and scale. In my opinion, the only thing Mario Galaxy needed to be perfect was wide openness in the levels. This gon' be be so goooood