Spritanium
We should have a Luck statistic that is increased slightly when you do "good things", like:

- Giving someone a Good Sh*t
- Using a Sweet Spell
- Using a special Luck Up item

And decreased when you:

- Receive a warn/ban
- Maybe other stuff too

The higher your Luck, the better your random events / item drops are. We could even factor it into the random greetings
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shroomguy
Anyone with the Lucky Clover badge should get a lil' boost

I like this idea, dunno if it should be tied to bans/warns. Maybe your luck could decay like rally? Or perhaps when your luck finally comes in clutch for you like netting you a drop or something it decreases or resets to a default value
The Beef Baron
Draku
add inns to mw so that we can rest at them repeatedly to generate our luck stat just like tales of symphonia
Draku
as for a real answer to this suggestion eh. rewarding people for casting spells is already a thing in rally and good sh*ts should remain etiquette based.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Syaxamaphone
(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:29 PM)Draku Wrote: add inns to mw so that we can rest at them repeatedly to generate our luck stat just like tales of symphonia

This was a thing!?
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Spritanium
Yeah decaying would be fine

I'm not sure about the actual logistics of gaining/depleting Luck, I just think it would be cool to have an invisible stat that affected the outcome of your random events
Draku
(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Yeah decaying would be fine

I'm not sure about the actual logistics of gaining/depleting Luck, I just think it would be cool to have an invisible stat that affected the outcome of your random events
Randomize it per user per day and add a fortune telling feature to the random events shit so that if your luck for that day is high or low it'll give you a prompt like "wow, you're feeling really lucky today!" or "uh-oh, try not to walk underneath any more ladders for today" for the opposite effect

for maximum laughs we can implement a shrine where you donate EX to remove bad luck effects

^ none of this is actually fully serious or thought out but sounds kind of fun tbh

(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:30 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote:
(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:29 PM)Draku Wrote: add inns to mw so that we can rest at them repeatedly to generate our luck stat just like tales of symphonia

This was a thing!?
Yeah every time you rested at an inn each character's luck stat is randomized so you could just game it by doing so repeatedly until you got the outcome you wanted.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Syaxamaphone
Make it so EX donations to any member increase your luck
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Spritanium
(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Jun 14, 2017 at 5:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Yeah decaying would be fine

Randomize it per user per day and add a fortune telling feature to the random events shit so that if your luck for that day is high or low it'll give you a prompt like "wow, you're feeling really lucky today!" or "uh-oh, try not to walk underneath any more ladders for today" for the opposite effect

for maximum laughs we can implement a shrine where you donate EX to remove bad luck effects

^ none of this is actually fully serious or thought out but sounds kind of fun tbh

I think you nailed it personally, random luck sounds fun
Bee
maybe rather than just luck
a bit like karma

doing good things like casting sweet spells could increase it
certain salty spells could decrease it

the gains would be higher than the losses so ideally theres never a net loss of luck assuming youre being both sweet and salty.
like two salty spells might decrease luck by the amount one sweet spell would gain it

im just throwing hypos out there, not putting deep thought into balance and numbers.