Mario
brainstormed this in the discord but want to flesh it out more:

The person who Originally posts a reaction on a post should get 1EX each time someone else uses the same reaction. (maybe triple this if it's a spellcaster's overreaction)

We've all noticed the Phenomena where reactions that are already there get more clicks, why not reward the person who put it there?

Additionally, this could encourage people to add different reactions rather than just piggyback on others.
Draku
super powerful ex farming tactic: react to every single post with Grin first thing
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
I think the only issue is that this would turn every reaction post into a clusterfuck of people adding even remotely relevant ones just to "get there first" and reap the benefits.

Maybe tie it to overreaction? It seems like this would have the same issue as giving goodshit clickers EX too, it would just turn posts into 10-react-clusterfucks
Spritanium
tbf giving goodshit clickers EX was never proven to be an issue, it was like this for months
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
lots of good stuff I didn't think of, thank you team. Now how can we rework this to counter those setbacks

I don't think people care *that* much about EX to put too much effort into gaming it, if they did they'd make more threads. So while I think that's def a valid concern it might not be one that needs too much to fix.
Yrrzy
i feel like reaction chaining doesnt rly have any more positive consequences than it would negative ones

like ur sayin the negative effects would be negligable but so would the positive ones so why bother rly
Draku
(Jun 15, 2017 at 5:30 PM)Mario Wrote: I don't think people care *that* much about EX to put too much effort into gaming it, if they did they'd make more threads.
That's the thing though, people have tried to game EX by making a shitload of threads multiple times.

(Jun 15, 2017 at 3:45 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: Maybe tie it to overreaction?
This seems like a possibility though. Makes there be a cost to it as well as negates the stupidity of the "get there first" deal because spells by design already work like that.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
(Jun 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM)Spritanium Wrote: tbf giving goodshit clickers EX was never proven to be an issue, it was like this for months

WHAT

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

Mind Blown
Ban SP for being out of loop on MW metagame tactics?