Pedigree
It's been seven years since I've submitted sprites to the MFGG main site, but here I am with some new content I've submitted and I'm really having fun with it. In this thread you will find such works as well as anything else I feel like sharing.

Pedigree's Goomba 2017
[Image: p2V1pgr.png] [Image: izbuve.gif] [Image: QGjurNj.png]

[Image: bVUTDyy.png]

Created for the Sprite Competition 2017 #2: Bowser's Minions. This is my first sprite sheet in a long time, and I hope you like it. Gave it Mario's hat and stache in celebration of Super Mario Odyssey. I really like how the walking animation turned out but the hat and stache could use some more work. Perhaps I'll update them again later.

Pedigree's Piranha Beetle 2017
[Image: jxyepl.gif] [Image: wdrlcp.gif]

[Image: 9Cjju3p.png]

I created this enemy 10 years ago and thought I would revisit it. Hope you like!

Introducing Piranha Beetle. Buzzy Beetles have disguised themselves as Piranha Plants to ward off predators (and Mario). Its habitat is grassy fields and meadows and it walks along the ground. Unlike the usual Buzzy Beetles, Piranha Beetle cannot walk on the ceiling... Probably due to the extra weight from decorating its shell.

Once attacked, its leaves fall off and it withdraws into its shell. Popping back out of it after a duration.

Stay tuned for more in the future. I look forward to hearing what you think!
Pedigree
Pedigree's Blueberry Hill Tileset 2017
[Image: 3wj4Jsr.png]

Revisiting an old tileset from 2004 called Midnight Valley, there were some colors used that I really loved and thought I would make a new tileset to utilize them. I hope you like!
King Piranha Plant
OOH I love that you remade it! Dark blue-ish nighttime levels were always my jam.

I always thought it would be cool to see that piranha plant with a bow-tie character sprite you made forever ago in a game of some kind. It's awesome to see you making some pixel art again.
Pedigree
(Jul 8, 2017 at 7:33 PM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: OOH I love that you remade it! Dark blue-ish nighttime levels were always my jam.

I always thought it would be cool to see that piranha plant with a bow-tie character sprite you made forever ago in a game of some kind. It's awesome to see you making some pixel art again.

I may revisit it and turn him into a game show host or something. Drop the Paper Schtick. Thank you for your kind words! Blush
Yrrzy
i like the goomba
Pedigree
Thanks!

Thread Tags

pedigree art 2017