Poll: Predetermined or Elected staff?

Predetermined
46.15%
Elected
53.85%
Total: 13 vote(s)

Admins and Mods: Predetermined, or Elected?

Draku
i like the mute idea and it's a good mini-mod power that wouldn't cause too much issue if abused (as it's easy to fix and has no real lasting consequences) but it doesn't need to be on that many roles.

i'm not entirely sure we need a janitor role either, deleting posts is an extreme solution that's almost never taken and we get so few times when we actually need to use it having the role seems like staff bloat.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Yeah tech admins and the community/event managers probably don't need to be able to mute
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Yeah, probably not, but I think the functionality is solid and worth looking into.
Spritanium
No I love the idea. It's great to have a "first line of defense" for stopping someone in their tracks before any real action is taken
Spritanium
Seems like muting would usually be the only required enforcement, with bans happening sparingly. Usually after a few hours people can calm down.

I also love the idea of semi-banned (i.e. muted) users who can't post or cast spells but can still leave reactions
Draku
heck it'd help out a lot on the straight up normal staff positions, considering a lot of the time there's deliberation over a member we need some additional time to think a decision over but want to take action quickly so things could end up rushed.
Spritanium
Maybe instead of banning people we can do a Yahoo Chess thing where they can still post, but can only choose from a list of pre-written friendly phrases
Draku
holy fuck
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
lmao yeah love that idea sprite
(Aug 4, 2016 at 1:35 AM)Elyk Wrote: Moderators are enforcers foremost, not policy makers or representatives. There shouldn't be any sort of elections to select them. Imagine if you could vote for your police. The guy that gets elected is going to be the one that lets people speed all over the place. You don't want that.

If everyone wants to go 35 mph in the area marked 25 mph then you don't want a moderator that allows it, you want to change the rule. MW has always been, or tried to be (at least while I was in charge) very transparent with changing policies.

If members have an issue with a moderator or other staff member we can discuss matters to either correct actions or remove someone from a position.

O K
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
Man that's what like 85exp from one post

I have this thing down
God
OK so here's my two cents

[Image: my%20two%20centsXSmall.jpg]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Beako
So is there a way to make a member group with no powers except rearranging smileys? I'd be happy to take up the position of Smiley Coordinator or something to match reactions to my reaction compass system. If I were to ever take up any kind of leadership position in this community I think such a banal task fits my aptitude perfectly. [Image: mw_v.svg]
Aidan
(Aug 5, 2016 at 1:51 AM)Puddin Wrote: match reactions to my reaction compass system

what the fuck
Beako
(Aug 5, 2016 at 5:57 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote:
(Aug 5, 2016 at 1:51 AM)Puddin Wrote: match reactions to my reaction compass system

what the fuck
###joy##|#surprise#
#—————#zen#————————
##anger#|##sorrow##

It makes the reactions easier to find. It already got partially implemented (well actually probably due to the spacing idea for the bigger emoticons) when I posted a mockup in the other thread. Trust me it's brilliant!
Stirling
while i voted for voting in positions, i have n o issue with the old administration
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: