What Other People Say About Media You Like

EH2
So recently I tried having my mother watch ACCA because I thought it would be pretty nice, and she dropped it on the halfway point as she pretty much disliked it.

I get why she's dropping it, but it still feels pretty off that someone who you know and whose taste you think you get dismisses something you hold in high regard.

Ever got that feeling? Ever had a moment when someone tells you something you like sucks and it actually got to you?
Mario
what the fuck is Acca
EH2
it's an anime, its name is actually ACCA, it's not its initials

[Image: ACCA_13_ku_Kansatsu_ka.jpg]
Mario
eh I've basically given up on sharing stuff I like, nobody seems to give a shit. Idk if I'm just a Bad Salesman or what but meh. I pretty much have to get lucky and have people who are already interested in what I like. Worst is when I try and share something with someone and they have a meh reaction and then get super into it when someone else recommends it to them. At least people still react to me when I tell them I don't like the thing they like LOL
Syaxamaphone
Anyone who tells me Kemono Friends is not the greatest animated work of this generation are obviously liars with terrible taste, so as a result I am unaffected by their words.

Imo this is how we should all live our lives.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Pea
@sealelement liked mega64 and that's good enough for me
brainwyrms
It tends to not bug me when I show friends something because, hey, nobody is going to like everything I like, and vice versa. And that's fine!
It's when I have an unbelievable amount of passion towards something to the point where it's audible, and it's either shot down almost immediately, or joked about, where I sorta sink into my stomach. Fortunately the latter scenario only happens in the most extreme situations where I'm more excited for something than I probably should be (ie any Nintendo Direct lmao)
[Image: B3S9ub9.png]
Yrrzy
i like a lot of things its popular to dislike lmao
Two_Finger
simple way to avoid this problem; stop liking things (help)
sealelement
i honestly used to feel really insecure about liking anything because i was scared that somebody, somewhere, would tell me it was terrible and that i should feel bad. so i was really shaky about expressing my genuine opinions and i was scared to say anything at risk of making other people call me out for my bad taste or whatever, and all i really did was give other people shit for the things they liked without forming opinions of my own.

i don't really feel as insecure about that stuff anymore, even if it still kind of blows to show someone something you love only for them to be kind of indifferent.

also, pea is right, mega64 rules
100% pure gamer 100%
Poxni
(Jul 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM)sealelement Wrote: i honestly used to feel really insecure about liking anything because i was scared that somebody, somewhere, would tell me it was terrible and that i should feel bad. so i was really shaky about expressing my genuine opinions and i was scared to say anything at risk of making other people call me out for my bad taste or whatever, and all i really did was give other people shit for the things they liked without forming opinions of my own.

i don't really feel as insecure about that stuff anymore, even if it still kind of blows to show someone something you love only for them to be kind of indifferent.

also, pea is right, mega64 rules
is this how you became a small flustered anime girl
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
sealelement
fuck........ she figured me out........... i must go
100% pure gamer 100%
Spritanium
I hate almost everybody else who watches Better Call Saul

"This is boring, why aren't there drugs and murders like in Breaking Bad" = I have the taste and attention span of a 14 year old boy

"It takes too long for anything to happen" = I look at my phone while the show is on so I don't see the brilliant character development in every scene

"FUCK CHUCK" = I am incapable of appreciating any story with nuanced characters, anyone who is a dick must be the bad guy

"When is Walt showing up" = I would rather be watching reruns of Breaking Bad
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
ok but seriously fuck chuck
Spritanium
Chuck Did Nothing Wrong
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
chuck is a big asshole but I haven't seen the new season yet
Uniju
yeah mega64 is pretty good
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.