Spritanium
I haven't been around to discuss any of these changes so I should probably shut up, but here are my thoughts:

1. the Meta Forum is integral to the board's activity even if not a lot of code-based development is going on. Even if the git repository hasn't changed much there's still plenty of "development" that every user can contribute. As it stands I'm wondering if people will even see this thread which is a problem.

2. About half of the boards in "Mayhem Whereabouts" belong in "Treasured Pastimes" because they're pastimes

SO here's how I'd organize things in my ideal world:

Code:
Mayhem Whereabouts
-- Meta Forum
-- PPP
    -- Anonymous World
-- Life Chat

Treasured Pastimes
-- Gimmick Garrison
-- Killing Game Grounds
-- Entertainment Enterprise
-- Arts and Crafts

Other Stuff
-- Time Capsule
-- Staff Forum

Notes:
- I know people around here don't like subforums, but Anon World is literally the PPP with anonymity, so I think a subforum makes a lot of sense here
- GG and KG boards are up top in Treasured Pastimes to draw attention
- The GG could also go at the bottom of Mayhem Whereabouts since it's very MW-specific; I think this could go either way
- Renamed "Archives" to "Time Capsule" just because it's more fun, this isn't really necessary

Thoughts?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I agree with all of this

The reorganization is okay, but it's not the best. I also think sticking Anonymous World in the PPP is a great idea.
Pea
it's weird to have the important stuff board be at the bottom of the page really
Fun With Despair
Literally the only reason things got so fucky is because Yrr didn't like the fact that you couldn't see the EE without scrolling for the two weeks the KGG was up.

That layout seems fine honestly. Location on KG doesn't really matter because people will go there anyway. I do worry that the GG might not get as much attention though.
Fun With Despair
SP was super against anon world being a PPP subforum because of the spam and he worries it won't be used for serious threads anymore.

I would argue that it would be fine because it already gets spammed and the PPP has had more than enough serious threads
rtsmarty
do not make anonymous world a subforum please

subforums suck

the accepted/rejected subforum is acceptable because it is an archive
Draku
Subforums fucking blow and Anon World is really active because it offers something Discord can't. It'd be incredibly stupid to stifle that.

Also current layout is because development has been frozen and I said as such in #mw-dev, once you're more freed up and we can actually implement new shit I was going to zoom the Meta Forum back up to the top again, especially since that'll also be when the KG isn't active.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
Better idea:

Meal Ticket
-Meta Forum
-Entertainment Enterprise
-Arts Board
-Life Chat

Party Over Here
-PPP
-Gimmick Garrison
-Killing Game Grounds
-Anonymous World

Archives and Other Shit
Pedigree
Meta Forum is the news and feedback forum, so moving it down is a dumb idea.

Entertainment, Art and Life Chat all definitely deserve to be above the PPP.
Mario
no non-archive subforums please but otherwise I agree with spriteys layout. I guess it makes sense the meta forum is low for now, we can always bring it back up when it's more relevant
Pedigree
Also people might be using Anon World as a PPP but the anonymity is good for serious threads.

On top of sub-forums being garbage (don't do them), moving it to PPP sub-forum will just cheapen the forum further.

Unless you want to make it possible to make any thread or reply anonymous with a toggle in post options, that is. If you were to do that, you could get rid of Anon World entirely.
Mario
any thread in any board being potentially anonymous could be really interesting
Spritanium
@Mario This is the way to go imo
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yoshin
Gotta say I'm down for spritey's layout just move anon world to bottom of mayhem
Dude
unironically make forums sort by "newest activity"
Draku
Something I'm considering is handling the Gimmick Garrison like the KGG and having it only be shown while active, so that it isn't eating up so much space while the off-weeks are on and people can simply use a PPP-based signup thread. What do people think of that?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spooks?
(Jul 27, 2017 at 11:00 PM)Draku Wrote: Something I'm considering is handling the Gimmick Garrison like the KGG and having it only be shown while active, so that it isn't eating up so much space while the off-weeks are on and people can simply use a PPP-based signup thread. What do people think of that?
Having a pinned signup thread in the PPP is a much better idea than having a whole board with one topic in it
Spooks?
aw fuck i posted that as monokuma

whatever its canon, he loves the idea
Yrrzy
Categorise the forum like:

Killing Game

The Other Boards